or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones - Page 126

post #1876 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriez View Post
 

Cheers. Just got an e-mail back from Forza Audioworks and I'm told they can do it. So.. I might ^^

The question is why. Fostex does not benefit from balanced drive, low impedance, high efficiency. HD800, HD650, T1, LCD on the other hand...

post #1877 of 3313

Did not know the technical background so it's helpful you're telling. I'm looking into a balanced amp and figured I might get both headphones balanced while I'm at it.

post #1878 of 3313

I have the Fostex TH600 for a couple of weeks now.  I think most reviews are accurate.  They are simply amazing, in presence, sound and soundstage,

I considered many headphones, as I had a few high end headphones years ago, and decided to jump in again.  These have me in awe.  I power them with

a DacPort .  Its like a marriage made in heaven.  I honestly don't know how you could improve upon this unless you were to spend more than twice the money.

post #1879 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhken View Post

I have the Fostex TH600 for a couple of weeks now.  I think most reviews are accurate.  They are simply amazing, in presence, sound and soundstage,
I considered many headphones, as I had a few high end headphones years ago, and decided to jump in again.  These have me in awe.  I power them with
a DacPort .  Its like a marriage made in heaven.  I honestly don't know how you could improve upon this unless you were to spend more than twice the money.
Congrats and welcome to the club beerchug.gif
post #1880 of 3313

I have the Fostex TH600 , for a week now ,  i am really happy with . I have one question : did the TH600 have a good synergy with the Schiit Vali . Thanks

post #1881 of 3313

When people say these leak sound, to what extent do they do this? I mean if you were sitting next to someone would they be able to hear your music? These are one of a few pairs of headphones i'm considering for office use. But if everyone can hear my music I'm not going to be very popular. :D

post #1882 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbleroar View Post
 

When people say these leak sound, to what extent do they do this? I mean if you were sitting next to someone would they be able to hear your music? These are one of a few pairs of headphones i'm considering for office use. But if everyone can hear my music I'm not going to be very popular. :D


Your neighbor in an office fifteen feet away will easily hear what you are playing.  Like all Denon's they leak quite a bit. 

post #1883 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


Your neighbor in an office fifteen feet away will easily hear what you are playing.  Like all Denon's they leak quite a bit. 

Wait?? What?? I use the akg240mk2 semi-open and i work in an open space an none of the people around can hear me...
post #1884 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varoudis View Post

Wait?? What?? I use the akg240mk2 semi-open and i work in an open space an none of the people around can hear me...

Yeah, my wife, watching TV can hear my Th900's across the room from me.
post #1885 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph58 View Post
 

I have the Fostex TH600 , for a week now ,  i am really happy with . I have one question : did the TH600 have a good synergy with the Schiit Vali . Thanks


.


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 12:23am
post #1886 of 3313
Code:
I am currently basing and writing a review for TH600, but for a quick note: I have experienced great synergy with Schiit Asgard 2 and DacMagic combo. The best yet after all the setups/rigs I tried with the TH600. It was just shining with pure effortless aural performances that satisfies at high gain, and with low gain it provides superb blackness and great background music (like the kind you get in a jazz bar) for concentration on other stuff.

Hope my brief thoughts help ph58's original question.
Edited by stuartfang - 2/16/14 at 10:50pm
post #1887 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post
 


Schiit is more for audeze imo. I have a CKK3 for sale that will work great and is not much more expensive. Others have chimed in that the CKK3 is a great amp as well for the fostex/denon's. It is also made by a company not D.I.Y., World Sound Audio.

I have seen your CKK3 for sale , i have also ask a question about the Voltage , does it have 230V EURO Volt ? Thanks

post #1888 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


Yeah, my wife, watching TV can hear my Th900's across the room from me.

different listening levels from me maybe...

post #1889 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph58 View Post
 

I have seen your CKK3 for sale , i have also ask a question about the Voltage , does it have 230V EURO Volt ? Thanks


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 12:22am
post #1890 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartfang View Post
 
Code:
I am currently basing and writing a review for TH600, but for a quick note: I have experienced great synergy with Schiit Asgard 2 and DacMagic combo. The best yet after all the setups/rigs I tried with the TH600. It was just shining with pure effortless aural performances that satisfies at high gain, and with low gain it provides superb blackness and great background music (like the kind you get in a jazz bar) for concentration on other stuff.

Hope my brief thoughts help ph58's original question.

Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 12:21am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones