or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones - Page 105

post #1561 of 3313
They were stated as:
As new Fostex TH-600 headphones. Come as bought with box etc. Unwanted gift.

Probably used slightly. Maybe not a good price after all
post #1562 of 3313
It's a great price even if slightly used
post #1563 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

It's a great price even if slightly used


agreed...congrats!!

post #1564 of 3313
Yes they were the ones my friend was after, as I said used. He said they went for 671 + 15post though (aud). Still a good price. But only like 100 less than Price Japan brand new
post #1565 of 3313
Thanks can't wait for them
post #1566 of 3313

My desktop setup is an Audio Gd 15.32, will that be sufficient to do the TH600s justice? I'll be recabling them to balanced once I give them a try with SE

post #1567 of 3313

I have the 5.32 ~ pretty much the same thing, and have used both TH600 and 900 on it. Sounds very impressive on low gain. Treble slightly hot on the 600's from memory, depending on track.


Edited by Saren - 11/28/13 at 1:58am
post #1568 of 3313

Thanks Saren. Do you think I'll benefit from recabling them balanced so that my Topping TP60 speaker amp can drive them?

 

I've recabled the HD600s and HE500s balanced and they sound really good out of the Topping. 

post #1569 of 3313

How much power does the topping put out? My only concern is that the TH600 is 24 ohms and rated at 1800mW max input. The volume pot would give you only a sliver before being too loud, not much control. I run my TH900s on low gain on my amp at 11-12 o clock, high gain is very loud at 9 o clock. Likewise, I'm not sure if overpowering them would be dangerous for the drivers. However you are successfully running the HD600 off the amp and they have a 100mW power rating if I recall.

 

I'm objective regarding cables, so I cannot make a comment regarding any differences. At the very least by re-cabling you will have a better more durable, less tangle free and more attractive cable for them. The stock one seems a bit flimsy personally.

post #1570 of 3313

The Topping pumps out a claimed 50W @ 8 ohms so not sure what that would be for the TH600s but seems like too much but I'm driving my HD600s fine with the same balanced setup. The DAC out of the Audio Gd 15.32 is volume controllable so I'm using it as sort of a pre-amp to the Topping which gives me plenty of control of the volume at the Topping.

post #1571 of 3313

Also, I'm not saying that the cabling does anything, but it gives me a chance to hear the cans from a speaker amp and boy does the Topping sound great for the price

post #1572 of 3313

That is 16.66 Watts for the TH600 so you know.

 

Might be ok assuming you never drove the volume to high. I've heard of someone using Denon D7000 with the Mini X.

post #1573 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saren View Post
 

That is 16.66 Watts for the TH600 so you know.

 

Might be ok assuming you never drove the volume to high. I've heard of someone using Denon D7000 with the Mini X.

How do you calculate 16.66 w? I've been using the Topping on the HD600s for over a month everyday with no resistors in place and no issues, knock on wood.

post #1574 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 

My desktop setup is an Audio Gd 15.32, will that be sufficient to do the TH600s justice? I'll be recabling them to balanced once I give them a try with SE

 

I'll be honest, recabling my TH-900 balanced didn't improve the SQ much by itself (the upgraded cable was probably what I was hearing first and foremost). Most of the improvements were subtle but noticeable unless I was critically listening. I suspect the bump in overall SQ was due to: 1) Upgraded Cable 2) My amp having a better balanced connection (natively balanced).

 

If you feel your amp has a significantly better balanced output, then have the cable terminated balanced, if not I wouldn't worry about it.  


Edited by Greed - 11/28/13 at 8:40am
post #1575 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

I'll be honest, recabling my TH-900 balanced didn't improve the SQ much by itself (the upgraded cable was probably what I was hearing first and foremost). Most of the improvements were subtle but noticeable unless I was critically listening. I suspect the bump in overall SQ was due to: 1) Upgraded Cable 2) My amp having a better balanced connection (natively balanced).

If you feel your amp has a significantly better balanced output, then have the cable terminated balanced, if not I wouldn't worry about it.  
My amp doesn't have a TRS connection so I won't be able to compare or use it unless I recable
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones