- 44 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Southern California, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Fostex TH600 - Rewiring Advice Last post on 4/15/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? Last post on Today at 8:02 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone Advice (HD650 / HE400 / AlphaDogs / TH-600) Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- PRAT Speed fullbodied unamped: YAMAHA 220 or Shure 1540 or Fostex 600 ? Last post on 3/6/14 at 9:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable amp that makes the TH600s sound good Last post on 4/14/14 at 1:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Woah, simplistic and very nice. No accented colors do make it a little dull, so a bit of chrome would be nice.I definitely would like to have a demo of that to hear what it sounds like. Maybe if the price is right it'd be something I can take around to wear in the public.
Doing the Fostex logo and the ring in chrome would look very nice.
Unless financial is a problem, this really isn't a very hard decision to make ;-). I'm going to be honest that they really aren't in the same league - well, at least even the prototypes I've listened to anyway.
Yea, this shouldn't even be a question at all. Not sure on the price either, if you look at how much the TH900 are, one can only assume that these headphones are going to cost quite a bit more than the Momentums anyway. That's not to say that they will be worth every cent, but honestly I think Fostex gear is a bit over-priced for what you get, but here's hoping that they release this headphone at a competitive rate!
I'm not really feeling the whole upcharging $1000 for a fancy japanese finish thing, so I'm glad they're keeping it simple this time around lol.
But yeah, seriously need some more info on these things...
I'll take Urushi without the Fostex logo, elsewhere, or not at all.
ADD: The Denon D7000 looks like a metal gimbal, why does the TH900 revert to plastics?
Edited by AJHeadfi - 2/6/13 at 12:06am
- Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Final Amp for HD800 4 minutes ago
- › Soft Mushroom Eartips - any experience? 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › IEM buying help...... 7 minutes ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 10 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 10 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 13 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob