- 44 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Location: Southern California, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 10/15/12
Related Forum Threads
- Hello, denon d600 - fostex th600 Last post on 7/27/14 at 1:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrade from HD600: Shure 1540 or Fostex TH600? Last post on 6/14/14 at 12:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Warm & fast: AKG K712 Pro or Shure SRH 1540 ??? Last post on 6/24/14 at 3:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Minute EL34 SE Headphone Amplifier from SAC Paired with the TH600/Mad Dogs Pro. Last post on 6/4/14 at 1:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- My Audeze LCD-2 r2 & Fostex TH600 for your Audeze LCD-XC Last post on 5/21/14 at 1:13pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Woah, simplistic and very nice. No accented colors do make it a little dull, so a bit of chrome would be nice.I definitely would like to have a demo of that to hear what it sounds like. Maybe if the price is right it'd be something I can take around to wear in the public.
Doing the Fostex logo and the ring in chrome would look very nice.
Unless financial is a problem, this really isn't a very hard decision to make ;-). I'm going to be honest that they really aren't in the same league - well, at least even the prototypes I've listened to anyway.
Yea, this shouldn't even be a question at all. Not sure on the price either, if you look at how much the TH900 are, one can only assume that these headphones are going to cost quite a bit more than the Momentums anyway. That's not to say that they will be worth every cent, but honestly I think Fostex gear is a bit over-priced for what you get, but here's hoping that they release this headphone at a competitive rate!
I'm not really feeling the whole upcharging $1000 for a fancy japanese finish thing, so I'm glad they're keeping it simple this time around lol.
But yeah, seriously need some more info on these things...
I'll take Urushi without the Fostex logo, elsewhere, or not at all.
ADD: The Denon D7000 looks like a metal gimbal, why does the TH900 revert to plastics?
Edited by AJHeadfi - 2/6/13 at 12:06am
- Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
- › FS: Woo Audio WA6-SE with Premium Parts, Attenuator Upgrade, Teflon... just now
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 15 seconds ago
- › is the such a thing as a neutral amp? 42 seconds ago
- › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs... 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Appreciation Club ( Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?) 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 5 minutes ago
- › WTS JH16 IEMs first owner 6 minutes ago
- › Conflicting information on Cables and other audiophile components. 6 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)