Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones - Page 82

post #1216 of 2426
Got my TH600s today and I'm pretty impressed. The bass is thumping and the trebles not too bad. I'm liking how uncoloured they sound.

These cans are excellent for metal.
post #1217 of 2426
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

Got my TH600s today and I'm pretty impressed. The bass is thumping and the trebles not too bad. I'm liking how uncoloured they sound.

These cans are excellent for metal.

Tell us more....

I would have jumped on the TH600 had I not already bought the D5000. Care to compare and contrast with the D5000? I might sell them and go Fostex if the dollar holds

post #1218 of 2426
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo View Post
 

Tell us more....

I would have jumped on the TH600 had I not already bought the D5000. Care to compare and contrast with the D5000? I might sell them and go Fostex if the dollar holds

 

From some other reviews I've seen around people say that the TH-600 is better than the D7000 in every way, and I assume since the D5000 isn't as good as the D7000 the TH600 should be superior, at least technically.... It's all down to preference though, from my own demos I would say that the D5000/7000's are more coloured, and slightly more uncontrolled in the treble and mids, with a deeper V shape. Arguably the D5000/7000's may be considered more "fun" though in my opinion they're equally punchy and fun, just with a more U sound sig rather than V, with vocals sitting on a flat plane rather than slightly further back as with the D5000/7000's. 

 
Just my opinion though, if you're displeased with the mid presence or treble of the D5000 the upgrade is a fantastic idea, but otherwise stick with the D5000's as they're pretty darn solid headphones.
post #1219 of 2426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobmachine View Post
 

 

From some other reviews I've seen around people say that the TH-600 is better than the D7000 in every way, and I assume since the D5000 isn't as good as the D7000 the TH600 should be superior, at least technically.... It's all down to preference though, from my own demos I would say that the D5000/7000's are more coloured, and slightly more uncontrolled in the treble and mids, with a deeper V shape. Arguably the D5000/7000's may be considered more "fun" though in my opinion they're equally punchy and fun, just with a more U sound sig rather than V, with vocals sitting on a flat plane rather than slightly further back as with the D5000/7000's. 

 
Just my opinion though, if you're displeased with the mid presence or treble of the D5000 the upgrade is a fantastic idea, but otherwise stick with the D5000's as they're pretty darn solid headphones.

 

I'll weigh in - I had my D7000's and a pair of TH600's side by side for 10 days and could tell no discernible difference that said the TH600 was "better" than my D7000's.  Full disclosure - my D7000's have full Lawton damping done by Mark himself and his angle pads. 

 

I loved the TH600 as I do the D7000 as I do my new to me D5000's with Bolivian Rosewood wood cups that make it sound almost as good as my D7000.  I'm quite impressed with the D5000. 

post #1220 of 2426
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo View Post

Tell us more....
I would have jumped on the TH600 had I not already bought the D5000. Care to compare and contrast with the D5000? I might sell them and go Fostex if the dollar holds

The TH600 is much cleaner and uncoloured compared to the D5000. The D5000 is slightly warmer and the bass is much flabbier. I'd have to say the soundstage and instrument separation is much better on the TH600 and they're also much faster. The bass on the TH600 is quite hefty but tight and well textured. Also, the TH600s are far more transparent so they'll show production flaws.
post #1221 of 2426
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post


The TH600 is much cleaner and uncoloured compared to the D5000. The D5000 is slightly warmer and the bass is much flabbier. I'd have to say the soundstage and instrument separation is much better on the TH600 and they're also much faster. The bass on the TH600 is quite hefty but tight and well textured. Also, the TH600s are far more transparent so they'll show production flaws.

 

+1 

post #1222 of 2426
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post


The TH600 is much cleaner and uncoloured compared to the D5000. The D5000 is slightly warmer and the bass is much flabbier. I'd have to say the soundstage and instrument separation is much better on the TH600 and they're also much faster. The bass on the TH600 is quite hefty but tight and well textured. Also, the TH600s are far more transparent so they'll show production flaws.

I guess then I'll get my hands on one soon, hopefully we'll have another boom in the overvalued aussie dollar

post #1223 of 2426
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

Got my TH600s today and I'm pretty impressed. The bass is thumping and the trebles not too bad. I'm liking how uncoloured they sound.

These cans are excellent for metal.

 

Glad you like them. The treble might flare up a little during breakin, but it will pass. I was pleasantly surprised too how well they work with different genres of music.

post #1224 of 2426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glam Bash View Post

Glad you like them. The treble might flare up a little during breakin, but it will pass. I was pleasantly surprised too how well they work with different genres of music.

Yeah I noticed the treble can sound a bit brittle on some tracks.
post #1225 of 2426
Can you guys recommend a good amp that pairs well with the TH600s? I've noticed with my Concerto that the treble can be a bit brittle.
post #1226 of 2426
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryvadeum View Post

Can you guys recommend a good amp that pairs well with the TH600s? I've noticed with my Concerto that the treble can be a bit brittle.

 

WA7 for a solution under $1000.

post #1227 of 2426
Bakoon.
post #1228 of 2426
Any other suggestions? I want something smooth with good imaging and soundstage.
post #1229 of 2426
Dryvadeum

I'm using the Japanese Bakoon - pretty amazing soundstage almost makes my TH900 HD800esq very smooth amp very musical.

I think it's best h/p amp I have used with TH900.

If th TH600 is 8-10% less than TH900 in terms of sonic abilities as stated by forum members the the imaging will be excellent with the Bakoon
post #1230 of 2426
Dryvadeum very cool avatar btw - who is the artist?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones