or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones - Page 73

post #1081 of 3313
Anyone compare these to the signature dj yet? I listen basically to just edm, and as most ultrasones are built for that i had just assumed that the signature dj would be for me... What do u guys think?
post #1082 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloomingbla View Post

Anyone compare these to the signature dj yet? I listen basically to just edm, and as most ultrasones are built for that i had just assumed that the signature dj would be for me... What do u guys think?
Take it with a pinch of salt as it was 6 mths since I reviewed the TH600 but the TH600 has fuller mids in comparison to the Sig DJs (which I still own).

The soundstage is somewhat bigger with the TH600 too. However, what I feel but am not 100% sure is the SigDJ feels faster than the TH600.
post #1083 of 3313
Ok, sweet... Thanks anakchan, i already read the review but it only mentioned the two briefly.

Awesome biggrin.gif
post #1084 of 3313

been's tryin the preproduction sample of th600 today (said th900 on the label),

and i can only say, with an impedance of 25 ohm,  this black monster is kinda hard to drive,

though i only been tryin it with portable amp.. and sound great with portaphile 627 i must say..

post #1085 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by devaeron View Post

been's tryin the preproduction sample of th600 today (said th900 on the label),

and i can only say, with an impedance of 25 ohm,  this black monster is kinda hard to drive,

though i only been tryin it with portable amp.. and sound great with portaphile 627 i must say..

 

How did you come across a pre-production model of the TH-600? I think Fostex had very very few of those floating out there. Where are you located? I think I only know of a handful that were in Tokyo, and maybe only 1 in Indonesia - which I assumed these were sent back to Fostex after they went production.

 

25 ohm shouldn't hard to drive actually. In fact, my (desktop) amp is being its output impedance lowered to match/cater for the TH-900 (and therefore suitable for TH-600) too.

post #1086 of 3313

.


Edited by jibzilla - 6/3/14 at 4:42am
post #1087 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibzilla View Post

Just because the th-600 is only 25 ohms does not mean that is does not like the juice. Low sensitivity 94db and a maximum input of 1,800mW means at least to me that an amp is necessary and the more powerful the better. The amp will need a low output impedance. 
Yes but there is a difference between "hard to drive" vs. "the more powerful the better".
post #1088 of 3313

I've had my TH600 burned in and I recently got a pair of matched Mullard 6AK5 tubes for my Pan Am, and this combination is absolutely amazing! The highs are well controlled, as is the bass, and the mids are brought forward just a hair to round out the sound, making the TH600's even better all-rounders than before, I found the mids a bit under a flat response with the treble a little peaky, but now they're about perfect (for me and my budgetbiggrin.gif)

post #1089 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

How did you come across a pre-production model of the TH-600? I think Fostex had very very few of those floating out there. Where are you located? I think I only know of a handful
that were in Tokyo, and maybe only 1 in Indonesia - which I assumed these were sent back to Fostex after they went production.

25 ohm shouldn't hard to drive actually. In fact
, my (desktop) amp is being its output impedance lowered to match/cater for the TH-
900 (and therefore suitable for TH-600) too.

Hi anakchan, i try them at the headfonia store,
with portaphile 627, with low gain, they just dnt have enough 'awesomeness', but with high gain and the volume set at 3'o clock.. The impact of the bass..almost like hd650 bass..
Awesome headphone overall though..

But i've find them to be very sibilant when paired with alo continental..
post #1090 of 3313

Hmm interesting, the TH600 was much better at everything bass related in comparison to the HD650 in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devaeron View Post


Hi anakchan, i try them at the headfonia store,
with portaphile 627, with low gain, they just dnt have enough 'awesomeness', but with high gain and the volume set at 3'o clock.. The impact of the bass..almost like hd650 bass..
Awesome headphone overall though..

But i've find them to be very sibilant when paired with alo continental..
post #1091 of 3313
I suppose it's the amplification problem that make the lack of bass hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by alv4426 View Post

Hmm interesting, the TH600 was much better at everything bass related in comparison to the HD650 in my experience.
post #1092 of 3313
At least in my experience with the TH600 when I received the pre-prod for review, I didn't find it to be a case of power as much as it was of just the "right" matching.

Strangely the WA7 amp did a lot better with it than Fostex's own HP-A8. And the HP-A8 is no slouch in terms of power.
post #1093 of 3313
Yes, it's might be a matching problem with amplification, and my preferences with the sound

Hoo, very interesting..
Does it sound warmish?
post #1094 of 3313
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

At least in my experience with the TH600 when I received the pre-prod for review, I didn't find it to be a case of power as much as it was of just the "right" matching.

Strangely the WA7 amp did a lot better with it than Fostex's own HP-A8. And the HP-A8 is no slouch in terms of power.

are you serious? i might actually be tempted.. essence one doesnt seem to match very well with th600 than the hp-a8 to me.. or its due to the headphones not being fully burned in yet. either one.
post #1095 of 3313

 

 

Hey guys my TH600 arrived!!! also my HitBox :P

now i am part of this cool club :3
 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones