Let's hope no graph was an omission and not a new practice. Other than the gent on about.com XC measurements have been hard to come by.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 10/2/16 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 54post #796 of 82011/20/13 at 2:22am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #797 of 82011/20/13 at 3:00ampost #798 of 82011/20/13 at 4:13am
how does the purple heart look in person? I know with the bamboo, pics didnt' do it justice at all. It looks a bit lighter in your pic than it did in the Audeze pics...is that a pretty accurate representation?
Looks great with the black rings!post #799 of 82011/20/13 at 5:41amQuote:
It's a new practice. You have to email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the graph for your SN.post #800 of 82011/20/13 at 6:28am
I am hoping to be able to have a home demo of the LCDX in several weeks. I live in an "open floor plan" configuration with my wife, and the closed Audeze would likely be more 'ideal', but from everything I've read so far, people feel the open back LCDX to be the 'better' headphone. I could probably work around that (I already have the Paradox which is closed). Would be great to hear more comparisons between the open and closed versions though. I will have the LCDX for about a week, so maybe that would be enough time to know if I need to go the closed back route for more sound isolation from my immediate environment, in which case - regardless of other factors - I suppose the XC would be the 'better' phone in my particular situation.post #801 of 82011/20/13 at 6:29ampost #802 of 82011/20/13 at 10:21amQuote:
Thanks, looks very purplish indeed (I was expecting something a little more reddish from the pics I had) It is fairly light, which contrasts nicely with the black rings (something actually Audeze offered me at the time because they were running out of the grey ones) Also, it's rather shiny so the perceived lightness changes with the angle. I'll see if I can get a better daylight pic.post #803 of 82011/20/13 at 10:33am
Not necessarily. I personally *like* it better.
- Isolation: noticeably better.
- Weight: not better at all.
- Sound: depends on what one likes. That's why I had the preamble about the LCD-3 to put things in perspective. That's the sound that floats my boat: fairly flat response, esp. no treble emphasis, and deeeeep bass (but again, not necessarily a lot of it) The LCD-XC *is* brighter, but well-behaved in that area, and thus in some way actually closer to the TH900 than different.
If you have the TH900 in particular and are happy with it, I would try to get a listen before committing. If you are not familiar yet with either sound signature, that's a tougher call.post #804 of 82011/20/13 at 10:37amQuote:
Didn't know that, will give it a try... I wonder if they will get flooded with this type of email soon .
And of course I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Tyll will have it all up on InnnerFidelity.post #805 of 82011/20/13 at 10:41amQuote:
It's always nice to have some measurements specifically for your unit (if I'm interpreting what cizx said correctly), so regardless of Tyll's graphs there will still be some emails sent to Audeze.post #806 of 82011/24/13 at 1:02am
On Black Friday (this week, 11/29) I will open sign-ups to demo the Audeze LCD-X and Audeze LCD-XC with no charge or deposit required. Each demo will be limited to 12 participants, and you can only sign up for one of them. Due to the value of the headphones I will reserve the right to be selective about which members can participate, and they must be in the United States. Instructions will be posted at midnight (EST) on 11/29 in the first post of this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/645941/headamp-headphone-demos-audeze-lcd-x-and-lcd-xc-sign-up-on-black-fridaypost #807 of 82011/24/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by justin w.
On Black Friday (this week, 11/29) I will open sign-ups to demo the Audeze LCD-X and Audeze LCD-XC with no charge or deposit required. Each demo will be limited to 12 participants, and you can only sign up for one of them. Due to the value of the headphones I will reserve the right to be selective about which members can participate, and they must be in the United States. Instructions will be posted at midnight (EST) on 11/29 in the first post of this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/645941/headamp-headphone-demos-audeze-lcd-x-and-lcd-xc-sign-up-on-black-friday
Do you consider Puerto Rico as part of the United States?! :-p
I would definitely like to try the closed version!post #808 of 82011/24/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
yes, close enoughpost #809 of 82011/24/13 at 12:54pm
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Starting Point Systems portable NOS DAC 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 2 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 5 minutes ago
- › WTB: Shure SE846 (Black Preferably) 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 6 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 6 minutes ago
- › The Best audiophile tracks to test equipment 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear