Let's hope no graph was an omission and not a new practice. Other than the gent on about.com XC measurements have been hard to come by.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Grado evolving too slowly? Last post on 5/23/13 at 9:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 54post #796 of 82011/20/13 at 2:22am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #797 of 82011/20/13 at 3:00ampost #798 of 82011/20/13 at 4:13am
how does the purple heart look in person? I know with the bamboo, pics didnt' do it justice at all. It looks a bit lighter in your pic than it did in the Audeze pics...is that a pretty accurate representation?
Looks great with the black rings!post #799 of 82011/20/13 at 5:41amQuote:
It's a new practice. You have to email email@example.com to get the graph for your SN.post #800 of 82011/20/13 at 6:28am
I am hoping to be able to have a home demo of the LCDX in several weeks. I live in an "open floor plan" configuration with my wife, and the closed Audeze would likely be more 'ideal', but from everything I've read so far, people feel the open back LCDX to be the 'better' headphone. I could probably work around that (I already have the Paradox which is closed). Would be great to hear more comparisons between the open and closed versions though. I will have the LCDX for about a week, so maybe that would be enough time to know if I need to go the closed back route for more sound isolation from my immediate environment, in which case - regardless of other factors - I suppose the XC would be the 'better' phone in my particular situation.post #801 of 82011/20/13 at 6:29ampost #802 of 82011/20/13 at 10:21amQuote:
Thanks, looks very purplish indeed (I was expecting something a little more reddish from the pics I had) It is fairly light, which contrasts nicely with the black rings (something actually Audeze offered me at the time because they were running out of the grey ones) Also, it's rather shiny so the perceived lightness changes with the angle. I'll see if I can get a better daylight pic.post #803 of 82011/20/13 at 10:33am
Not necessarily. I personally *like* it better.
- Isolation: noticeably better.
- Weight: not better at all.
- Sound: depends on what one likes. That's why I had the preamble about the LCD-3 to put things in perspective. That's the sound that floats my boat: fairly flat response, esp. no treble emphasis, and deeeeep bass (but again, not necessarily a lot of it) The LCD-XC *is* brighter, but well-behaved in that area, and thus in some way actually closer to the TH900 than different.
If you have the TH900 in particular and are happy with it, I would try to get a listen before committing. If you are not familiar yet with either sound signature, that's a tougher call.post #804 of 82011/20/13 at 10:37amQuote:
Didn't know that, will give it a try... I wonder if they will get flooded with this type of email soon .
And of course I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Tyll will have it all up on InnnerFidelity.post #805 of 82011/20/13 at 10:41amQuote:
It's always nice to have some measurements specifically for your unit (if I'm interpreting what cizx said correctly), so regardless of Tyll's graphs there will still be some emails sent to Audeze.post #806 of 82011/24/13 at 1:02am
On Black Friday (this week, 11/29) I will open sign-ups to demo the Audeze LCD-X and Audeze LCD-XC with no charge or deposit required. Each demo will be limited to 12 participants, and you can only sign up for one of them. Due to the value of the headphones I will reserve the right to be selective about which members can participate, and they must be in the United States. Instructions will be posted at midnight (EST) on 11/29 in the first post of this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/645941/headamp-headphone-demos-audeze-lcd-x-and-lcd-xc-sign-up-on-black-fridaypost #807 of 82011/24/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by justin w.
On Black Friday (this week, 11/29) I will open sign-ups to demo the Audeze LCD-X and Audeze LCD-XC with no charge or deposit required. Each demo will be limited to 12 participants, and you can only sign up for one of them. Due to the value of the headphones I will reserve the right to be selective about which members can participate, and they must be in the United States. Instructions will be posted at midnight (EST) on 11/29 in the first post of this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/645941/headamp-headphone-demos-audeze-lcd-x-and-lcd-xc-sign-up-on-black-friday
Do you consider Puerto Rico as part of the United States?! :-p
I would definitely like to try the closed version!post #808 of 82011/24/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
yes, close enoughpost #809 of 82011/24/13 at 12:54pm
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Rockbox is coming very soon to iBasso DX90 2 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HD650 vs HE-300/400 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)