Let's hope no graph was an omission and not a new practice. Other than the gent on about.com XC measurements have been hard to come by.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 54post #796 of 82011/20/13 at 2:22am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #797 of 82011/20/13 at 3:00ampost #798 of 82011/20/13 at 4:13am
how does the purple heart look in person? I know with the bamboo, pics didnt' do it justice at all. It looks a bit lighter in your pic than it did in the Audeze pics...is that a pretty accurate representation?
Looks great with the black rings!post #799 of 82011/20/13 at 5:41amQuote:
It's a new practice. You have to email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the graph for your SN.post #800 of 82011/20/13 at 6:28am
I am hoping to be able to have a home demo of the LCDX in several weeks. I live in an "open floor plan" configuration with my wife, and the closed Audeze would likely be more 'ideal', but from everything I've read so far, people feel the open back LCDX to be the 'better' headphone. I could probably work around that (I already have the Paradox which is closed). Would be great to hear more comparisons between the open and closed versions though. I will have the LCDX for about a week, so maybe that would be enough time to know if I need to go the closed back route for more sound isolation from my immediate environment, in which case - regardless of other factors - I suppose the XC would be the 'better' phone in my particular situation.post #801 of 82011/20/13 at 6:29ampost #802 of 82011/20/13 at 10:21amQuote:
Thanks, looks very purplish indeed (I was expecting something a little more reddish from the pics I had) It is fairly light, which contrasts nicely with the black rings (something actually Audeze offered me at the time because they were running out of the grey ones) Also, it's rather shiny so the perceived lightness changes with the angle. I'll see if I can get a better daylight pic.post #803 of 82011/20/13 at 10:33am
Not necessarily. I personally *like* it better.
- Isolation: noticeably better.
- Weight: not better at all.
- Sound: depends on what one likes. That's why I had the preamble about the LCD-3 to put things in perspective. That's the sound that floats my boat: fairly flat response, esp. no treble emphasis, and deeeeep bass (but again, not necessarily a lot of it) The LCD-XC *is* brighter, but well-behaved in that area, and thus in some way actually closer to the TH900 than different.
If you have the TH900 in particular and are happy with it, I would try to get a listen before committing. If you are not familiar yet with either sound signature, that's a tougher call.post #804 of 82011/20/13 at 10:37amQuote:
Didn't know that, will give it a try... I wonder if they will get flooded with this type of email soon .
And of course I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Tyll will have it all up on InnnerFidelity.post #805 of 82011/20/13 at 10:41amQuote:
It's always nice to have some measurements specifically for your unit (if I'm interpreting what cizx said correctly), so regardless of Tyll's graphs there will still be some emails sent to Audeze.post #806 of 82011/24/13 at 1:02am
On Black Friday (this week, 11/29) I will open sign-ups to demo the Audeze LCD-X and Audeze LCD-XC with no charge or deposit required. Each demo will be limited to 12 participants, and you can only sign up for one of them. Due to the value of the headphones I will reserve the right to be selective about which members can participate, and they must be in the United States. Instructions will be posted at midnight (EST) on 11/29 in the first post of this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/645941/headamp-headphone-demos-audeze-lcd-x-and-lcd-xc-sign-up-on-black-fridaypost #807 of 82011/24/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by justin w.
On Black Friday (this week, 11/29) I will open sign-ups to demo the Audeze LCD-X and Audeze LCD-XC with no charge or deposit required. Each demo will be limited to 12 participants, and you can only sign up for one of them. Due to the value of the headphones I will reserve the right to be selective about which members can participate, and they must be in the United States. Instructions will be posted at midnight (EST) on 11/29 in the first post of this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/645941/headamp-headphone-demos-audeze-lcd-x-and-lcd-xc-sign-up-on-black-friday
Do you consider Puerto Rico as part of the United States?! :-p
I would definitely like to try the closed version!post #808 of 82011/24/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
yes, close enoughpost #809 of 82011/24/13 at 12:54pm
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 9 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 40 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 45 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman EF2A USB DAC/Amp appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 3 minutes ago
- › Official Metro Detroit 2014 Meet/Party/Get-Together 9/20/2014... 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)