- 6,081 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: East Coast, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 53post #781 of 82011/14/13 at 10:13pmCan do, I'll let you know.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #782 of 82011/15/13 at 1:26amQuote:
Good to hear that the XC provides Good isolation because i am looking for à "non Leaking" to replace my TH900 when i need isolation.
But... I believe that à SigPRO or AlphaDOG Will provide even better isolation ? Right ?
Edited by bmichels - 11/15/13 at 1:29ampost #783 of 82011/15/13 at 3:42ampost #784 of 82011/15/13 at 10:11pmQuote:
They sound very nice together, the amp section in the 105 does a wonderful job with the XCs. It's maybe a little sweet/warm, yet super clean. They're a good combo, IMO.post #785 of 82011/15/13 at 10:13pmQuote:
They isolate much better than TH-900s, I consider the Fostex to be more like open cans, really. Still love them to death, though.post #786 of 82011/16/13 at 12:39amQuote:
when you say "They isolate much better than TH-900s", do you refer to the LCD-XC or the SigPRO / Alpha ?
thankspost #787 of 82011/16/13 at 4:51am
Oppo plus XC sounds like one of several potential combos for me then. Thanks!
You say you still 'love the TH900s to death'. Haven't heard that headphone, but will demo the XC soon. You did mention that you now think the Audeze is the 'best' closed back headphone. For listening to rock, blues, acoustic, some jazz but no classical.......does that assessment still stand?
thanks!post #788 of 82011/16/13 at 11:17amQuote:
Was talking about the XCs.post #789 of 82011/17/13 at 11:17ampost #790 of 82011/17/13 at 11:50ampost #791 of 82011/19/13 at 1:06pmpost #792 of 82011/19/13 at 2:10pmpost #793 of 82011/19/13 at 8:54pm
It's more expensive, so yes. ;)
Have you heard other planars? Audezes specifically? I'm 99% sure it's going to be objectively better than the Sig Pro, but whether or not you think it's better than the T5p is a matter of whether or not you like the Audeze sound more than the Beyer sound. I'm about 50% sure it's better.
This is strictly based on my opinion, formed by reading the forums and using some common sense. I haven't heard any of these. I did have a T1, and I did have an LCD-3, and I think, comfort aside, the LCD-3 was better.post #794 of 82011/19/13 at 11:33pm
Better soundstage, more open sounding. More details without beeing harsh in the highs. More transparent, lively sound with great naturally mids.post #795 of 82011/20/13 at 1:53am
In the world of Head-Fi, or any-Fi, there is usually a big gap: between the impatience of members to get something NOW, and the more-often-than-not long waiting periods to get that something from the manufacturer... When I ordered my LCD-XC, I had already settled for the long haul, again.
One nice thing about SoCal is this: come home from work late one evening and find a Fedex shipping from Audeze, then the next day hold your shiny new toy in hand, or even better:
And for good measure, here's the most succinct unboxing around here:
And that's all folks: a couple of pamphlets, some pretty cool stickers, in an envelope, a bag with cables and wood care oil, and the headphones (with a nifty spacer, unlike the one I had to make for my LCD-3) No frequency chart though, for expedience probably and also probably generally to avoid throwing more fuel on some potential fires ^_^;;
I bought them sight unseen (or rather sound unheard) because I always told myself if Audeze EVER releases a closed headphone...
After a recent absence from my Head-Fi gear, and coming back to it, there still is no contest for me with all the gear I've heard: nothing I love more than my (wide-open) LCD-3 fed by my WA-22 with the occasional variation of tube flavoring (fed in turn by my M-DAC, balanced of course) I guess for open headphones there might be some experimentation left (though I doubt I'd much like the brightness of the HD800, and Stax' 009 (and the Abyss) are priced beyond good and evil for my finances...)
For closed headphones, I've loved the tone of my slightly modded AT-W3000ANVs, and eventually the Fostex TH900 took over as my favourite, after a somewhat cool start. But now, after even just a brief listen, I can say already that for me it's pretty much a done deal: the LCD-XC is it, it's closed & still has the Audeze sound! Audio bliss.
Yes, it does have a different signature than the LCD-3, but it's still all there, including the bass (on the same WA-22 setup I listened to just last night) It is definitely brighter, but still keeps sibilant records in check as well as can be expected, and more importantly it's pretty even throughout, without a weird spike like the T1, or the Ed8 to a lesser extent, or the u-shaped increase of the TH900 (which is admittedly still well-managed) It is also well within tube-adjustability.
As far as comfort goes: it's Audeze, either it feels comfortable to you or it doesn't, I've always been fine, maybe for not being of scrawny neckage -_-;;. Though one issue I had with the LCD-3 pads was the rather pronounced suction effect, which was so uncomfortable to me that I added a tiny anti-suction/pressure-equalization mod to it. The texture of the new pads seems to be very slightly rougher, so interestingly enough I have not experienced the same issue yet.
UPDATE: Isolation: very good indeed, better than most closed cans I have, except maybe the HP100 or the Ed8.
These are first impressions of course, and IMHO always applies. I'll certainly spend some quality time with these, and to that: Yay! (even in light of my handle...)
Edited by TheGrumpyOldMan - 11/20/13 at 10:17am
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 1964 Ears 18 seconds ago
- › Portable amp/dac for Sony mdr-xb450ap 22 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 31 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 (Canada) 1 minute ago
- › Astell - Home system - AK500N Network audio player - AK500A... 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2