Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 52

post #766 of 820

So which has better bass? The LCD-XC or Fostex TH900?

post #767 of 820
When you guys say the lamb skin, I'm guessing you didn't enquire about the brown colour?
post #768 of 820

I would hope the LCD-XC headphone sounds better than the closed flagship sony headphone of 10 years ago. If so I would want one.

post #769 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm48324 View Post
 

I would hope the LCD-XC headphone sounds better than the closed flagship sony headphone of 10 years ago. If so I would want one.

That would be difficult.

On the Battle Of The Flagships of DavidMahler, in "ORDER OF SOUND QUALITY" collumn, the LCD3 is ranked way below Sony MDRR10.

And so far the impression on the LCD-X has been been on far of the LCDX to LCD3 with a different signature. So my bet if David would do the review, it will be ranked somewhere the LCD3, up and down a rank, but will be be far compare to Sony MDRR10. 

However, on the other side of the table, "ORDER OF VALUE, I believe that it will out-peform the MDRR10 by a big margin.

Just my 2 cents. 


Edited by vincent215 - 11/6/13 at 8:45am
post #770 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent215 View Post

That would be difficult.
On the Battle Of The Flagships of DavidMahler, in "ORDER OF SOUND QUALITY" collumn, the LCD3 is ranked way below Sony MDRR10.
And so far the impression on the LCD-X has been been on far of the LCDX to LCD3 with a different signature. So my bet if David would do the review, it will be ranked somewhere the LCD3, up and down a rank, but will be be far compare to Sony MDRR10. 
However, on the other side of the table, "ORDER OF VALUE, I believe that it will out-peform the MDRR10 by a big margin.
Just my 2 cents. 

Nostalgia is a powerful force. Not that I'm a huge fan of the LCD3, it's quite overrated, but so are the R10s.
post #771 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post


Nostalgia is a powerful force. Not that I'm a huge fan of the LCD3, it's quite overrated, but so are the R10s.

 

 

probably same reason why im rebuying the etymotic research hf5, i just miss it even though i wasnt using it that much at the end of my prior hf5's life. it was the first better audio gear that i personally owned... 

 

 

sorry for being off topic but now back on the audeze, headfonia has review for lcdx already if you guys havent noticed

post #772 of 820

Just received my LCD-XC at my office in Paris! Fast shipping.

 

First impressions from a weak source (Spotify "high quality" (320 kbps Ogg Vorbis) on my work computer (Macbook Pro) and Fiio E17 DAC/AMP) vs. my LCD-3:

 

Bass is a little tighter, more controlled, more "enclosed". You can feel the reverb of the bass against the hard wood. Surprisingly, the soundstage is not too affected compared to LCD-3: yes, it's closer to you, but a far cry from traditional closed cans where you have a wall of sound against your ears.

 

The midrange is nicely textured, engaging, and natural. Again the source is below par and the Fiio sends a "digitalized" sound but you can easily feel the potential of the cans.

 

Highs are almost more detailed vs. my LCD-3 without becoming aggressive, the signature is less laid back, in a word it's less suave and more fun.

 

Also imaging is excellent, at the level of my SRH1840, which is an accomplishment for closed phones. All in all it's the Audeze house sound with a little bit more fun thrown in it.

 

Again these are very preliminary impressions, there has been virtually no burn-in and the source is far from being adequate. I'll try later tonight with my desktop setup (FLAC files -> Xonar Essence ST as DAC -> Burson Soloist) and will do some A/B-ing with the LCD-3.

 

The sound isolation is good, albeit not great. A low to medium listening levels nobody will hear you. I however like to listen with quite high volume levels and some frequencies can be heard (high midrange notably). This is in a dead silent room where the next coworker sits at less than 1m from me. So it's not IEM-level but still an amazing achievement for full-size cans. Of course, when musing is playing at a decent volume level you can't hear a thing from outside.

 

Fit is amazing, these seem more comfortable than the LCD-3, that I already found pretty good in that department (contrarily to some people, as I reckon).

 

I can't wait to see what these babies can do when properly driven, but it's already a very, VERY enjoyable experience. Obviously Audeze did it again.

 

Oh and of course, these babies are drop dead gorgeous (got the Bubinga wood with black leather. Smoking)

 

Cheers


Edited by zeloutre - 11/8/13 at 5:31am
post #773 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeloutre View Post
 

Just received my LCD-XC at my office in Paris! Fast shipping.

 

First impressions from a weak source (Spotify "high quality" (320 kbps Ogg Vorbis) on my work computer (Macbook Pro) and Fiio E17 DAC/AMP) vs. my LCD-3:

 

Bass is a little tighter, more controlled, more "enclosed". You can feel the reverb of the bass against the hard wood. Surprisingly, the soundstage is not too affected compared to LCD-3: yes, it's closer to you, but a far cry from traditional closed cans where you have a wall of sound against your ears.

 

The midrange is nicely textured, engaging, and natural. Again the source is below par and the Fiio sends a "digitalized" sound but you can easily feel the potential of the cans.

 

Highs are almost more detailed vs. my LCD-3 without becoming aggressive, the signature is less laid back, in a word it's less suave and more fun.

 

Also imaging is excellent, at the level of my SRH1840, which is an accomplishment for closed phones. All in all it's the Audeze house sound with a little bit more fun thrown in it.

 

Again these are very preliminary impressions, there has been virtually no burn-in and the source is far from being adequate. I'll try later tonight with my desktop setup (FLAC files -> Xonar Essence ST as DAC -> Burson Soloist) and will do some A/B-ing with the LCD-3.

 

The sound isolation is good, albeit not great. A low to medium listening levels nobody will hear you. I however like to listen with quite high volume levels and some frequencies can be heard (high midrange notably). This is in a dead silent room where the next coworker sits at less than 1m from me. So it's not IEM-level but still an amazing achievement for full-size cans. Of course, when musing is playing at a decent volume level you can't hear a thing from outside.

 

Fit is amazing, these seem more comfortable than the LCD-3, that I already found pretty good in that department (contrarily to some people, as I reckon).

 

I can't wait to see what these babies can do when properly driven, but it's already a very, VERY enjoyable experience. Obviously Audeze did it again.

 

Oh and of course, these babies are drop dead gorgeous (got the Bubinga wood with black leather. Smoking)

 

Cheers

thanks for those very promissing first impression.  

post #774 of 820

Need these measured somewhere.  Be interested how the CSD looks.

post #775 of 820
I Heard the SigPro this WK and i Liked the fact that it do NOT LEAK sound, so i Will be able to use it in bed when... My wife sleep. ( which is not possible with my TH900)

Of course the XC should be MUCH better, but...Question: does the XC leak more than the SigPro ?
post #776 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

I Heard the SigPro this WK and i Liked the fact that it do NOT LEAK sound, so i Will be able to use it in bed when... My wife sleep. ( which is not possible with my TH900)

Of course the XC should be MUCH better, but...Question: does the XC leak more than the SigPro ?

 

I would say yes actually (well at least compared between the XC and the SigDJ - I am assuming the SigPros leak as little as the SigDJs).

post #777 of 820
I cant decide whether i buy LCD-XC or LCD-X, I hope someone can compare LCD-XC and LCD-X, sound, comfort everything,
there specs from the audeze site is identical, i read from japan forum those who went to the headphone festival, he said LCD-X is much easier to drive than LCD-XC, audeze personel at festival used portable source to let people demo.
post #778 of 820

Forbes has a quick comparison:

 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/geoffreymorrison/2013/11/10/audeze-lcd-x-review/

 

 

Looks like, if you don't need the isolation, the -X is the way to go.

 

I'd want to hear them both before deciding.

post #779 of 820
If you need isolation, the XCs are the best (fully) closed cans out there right now. If you don't, then there are more appealing options (like the X).
post #780 of 820

Curious to know if you've listened to the XCs using the headphone out of the OPPO BDP105, and what you thought of it? I have some other amps for headphone use, but, just curious since I am using the 105 as source.

 

Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.