Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Grado evolving too slowly? Last post on 5/23/13 at 9:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 49post #721 of 82011/3/13 at 8:51am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #722 of 82011/3/13 at 8:54ampost #723 of 82011/3/13 at 9:00ampost #724 of 82011/3/13 at 9:22ampost #725 of 82011/3/13 at 9:25amQuote:
The use the LCD3 memory foam in all their pads now.post #726 of 82011/3/13 at 9:37am
Gorgeous. So far, seems like they sound as good. And yet, they still keep their 'Frankenstein/Mad Scientist Nuts-N-Bolts aesthetic. In part perhaps for the cup change option? I'd like to flash-forward, ten years from now say, and see what the young and brilliant Audeze's look (and sound like then).post #727 of 82011/3/13 at 11:18ampost #728 of 82011/3/13 at 11:36amQuote:
What wood is that?post #729 of 82011/3/13 at 11:36ampost #730 of 82011/3/13 at 11:54ampost #731 of 82011/3/13 at 12:03pm
You should look at the Walnut and Purple Heart on this pic (sorry I forgot the name of the head-fi member who took the picture, and I photoshopped it to make it horizontal.)post #732 of 82011/3/13 at 12:05pmQuote:
I am aware... If some one had all three in their posseion It would destory my Monitor... the sheer awesomeness of it all! Can't wait to see some one Dynamat Mod those suckers!post #733 of 82011/3/13 at 12:10pm
Audeze's been at it engineering around the LCD-XC for a couple years now, including developing a new driver and the fazor diffusers/damping. I'm sure it wouldn't be as simple as dynamatting them like the Denon D2/5/7 series.post #734 of 82011/3/13 at 12:21pmQuote:
xD yea that is very very true... yet a guy shoved a shirt into an HD 800 and it sounded better lolpost #735 of 82011/3/13 at 4:06pmQuote:
Martin Custom Audio can compete with Audeze................as can Lawton.
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 14 seconds ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Appreciation Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 - mint condition with all accessories 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. User Card - uploaded! (page 88) 2 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones one can buy for $300 to listen to high resolution... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 with Omega Zebrano Stand 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Continental V2 - Great condition 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)