Being a closed headphone, I assume it's going to have more bass regardless. Even if the tuning is meant to be more neutral than LCD2 and LCD3.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 10/2/16 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I have owned these headphones for four years now. These were my first decent pair that I researched before buying. Before this I had just bought inexpensive headphones that happened...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 41
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #602 of 82010/18/13 at 10:15pmQuote:post #603 of 82010/19/13 at 1:25ampost #604 of 82010/19/13 at 2:00ampost #605 of 82010/19/13 at 4:36amQuote:
Resonnance, the bass will bounce back off the cups They might, have enough dampening to minize it thoughpost #606 of 82010/19/13 at 6:39ampost #607 of 82010/19/13 at 7:07ampost #608 of 82010/19/13 at 7:57ampost #609 of 82010/19/13 at 12:07pmQuote:
Besides dampening, really depends on how it's tuned, I've heard some closed headphones that were on the bass shy side of life.post #610 of 82010/19/13 at 12:27pmQuote:
As have I, but even after modding my w1000x, and removing some of it's bass by reduceing the resonnance, the tuneing of it as well as the fact that it is still closed, results in... a thicker bass than open headphones, even very bass shy Closed Cans, such as the HP 100 [I had Rev 1 which was the leanest] still... had a vicersal nature to the sub bass. Ofc if the driver is rolled of it won't be there, but I'm sure we can assume Azuede will not tune a driver to have any bass roll off. When I think of their cans... or orthos in general, Linear bass is the biggest strength of them imo, I'm sure Azuded will still retain that linear bass, and with that it should have a nice body to it, and by body I mean a little more deacy, I find my w1000x is really nice with Liquid DnB, when the bass notes are mastered and recorded more fluid, with a very smooth transition between notes, I find the closed w1000x does a litle better with slower softer bass, where as the HE400 is too aggressive. It's too open... the bass is some times a little to quick and tight... now that said I prefer the weighter more aggressive tighter bass, even for Liquid DnB but I' have a friend of mine, she think it's sounds strange... a little unnatrual. So she likes the sound of closed back bass better
so again, that said I think the LCD XC will have that ortho bass, so there shouldn't be any lack of bass from them. Just a different nature to it due to it being closed back. And my modded w1000x has very VERY tight bass, but it's very organic in timbre and texture, versus the more mechanical bass of the HE 400... and thankfully reality is composed of both mechnical and organic textures and sounds, so both an open and closed heaphone, can have a natrual timbre... I suppose the better sounding timbre or presentation will depend on the person
That said, I'd be willing to say the XC will have a little more body... or a more organic nature to it's bass over the open back LCD X 2 and 3post #611 of 82010/19/13 at 2:04pmpost #612 of 82010/19/13 at 2:11pm
You perceive more bass usually in a closed headphone where there is more resonance, and longer decaying bass. Closed headphones can usually extend deeper too thanks to their seal, because there's less of a cavity to pressurize for the proper low notes.
I don't think I've come across a closed headphone yet that has less bass than what its measurements indicate, usually there's more perceived bass than their measurements indicate. I've found open headphones to be the opposite.
My original statement was saying that I'd assume the XC would be more bassy than the X because of its closed-back nature.post #613 of 82010/19/13 at 2:12pmQuote:
Well resonnance can be preceived as "more" the additional decay it often introduces is understood to the common listener as "more" bass
It's a common mistakepost #614 of 82010/19/13 at 2:24pmQuote:
If the additional decay is perceived as more bass, isn't that the same as "it has more bass" ? Does the immediate source of the bass sometimes make it not bass?post #615 of 82010/19/13 at 2:59pmQuote:
all depends on the person, Truth is defined for each person indivudally, espically since sound is so subjective. But there may be measurements to confirm that a closed headphone has "more bass" than the exact same drive in an open enclousure.
Either way, can't wait to see how this can sounds... outside of can jam!
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ZMF Eikon and Custom Cable 46 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Custom maxed-out LM3886 GainClone with Regulated PSU (Great... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5iii Firmware Modification Project - PURIST REMIXED WITH... 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear