Being a closed headphone, I assume it's going to have more bass regardless. Even if the tuning is meant to be more neutral than LCD2 and LCD3.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 2/19/16 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 41
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #602 of 82010/18/13 at 10:15pmQuote:post #603 of 82010/19/13 at 1:25ampost #604 of 82010/19/13 at 2:00ampost #605 of 82010/19/13 at 4:36amQuote:
Resonnance, the bass will bounce back off the cups They might, have enough dampening to minize it thoughpost #606 of 82010/19/13 at 6:39ampost #607 of 82010/19/13 at 7:07ampost #608 of 82010/19/13 at 7:57ampost #609 of 82010/19/13 at 12:07pmQuote:
Besides dampening, really depends on how it's tuned, I've heard some closed headphones that were on the bass shy side of life.post #610 of 82010/19/13 at 12:27pmQuote:
As have I, but even after modding my w1000x, and removing some of it's bass by reduceing the resonnance, the tuneing of it as well as the fact that it is still closed, results in... a thicker bass than open headphones, even very bass shy Closed Cans, such as the HP 100 [I had Rev 1 which was the leanest] still... had a vicersal nature to the sub bass. Ofc if the driver is rolled of it won't be there, but I'm sure we can assume Azuede will not tune a driver to have any bass roll off. When I think of their cans... or orthos in general, Linear bass is the biggest strength of them imo, I'm sure Azuded will still retain that linear bass, and with that it should have a nice body to it, and by body I mean a little more deacy, I find my w1000x is really nice with Liquid DnB, when the bass notes are mastered and recorded more fluid, with a very smooth transition between notes, I find the closed w1000x does a litle better with slower softer bass, where as the HE400 is too aggressive. It's too open... the bass is some times a little to quick and tight... now that said I prefer the weighter more aggressive tighter bass, even for Liquid DnB but I' have a friend of mine, she think it's sounds strange... a little unnatrual. So she likes the sound of closed back bass better
so again, that said I think the LCD XC will have that ortho bass, so there shouldn't be any lack of bass from them. Just a different nature to it due to it being closed back. And my modded w1000x has very VERY tight bass, but it's very organic in timbre and texture, versus the more mechanical bass of the HE 400... and thankfully reality is composed of both mechnical and organic textures and sounds, so both an open and closed heaphone, can have a natrual timbre... I suppose the better sounding timbre or presentation will depend on the person
That said, I'd be willing to say the XC will have a little more body... or a more organic nature to it's bass over the open back LCD X 2 and 3post #611 of 82010/19/13 at 2:04pmpost #612 of 82010/19/13 at 2:11pm
You perceive more bass usually in a closed headphone where there is more resonance, and longer decaying bass. Closed headphones can usually extend deeper too thanks to their seal, because there's less of a cavity to pressurize for the proper low notes.
I don't think I've come across a closed headphone yet that has less bass than what its measurements indicate, usually there's more perceived bass than their measurements indicate. I've found open headphones to be the opposite.
My original statement was saying that I'd assume the XC would be more bassy than the X because of its closed-back nature.post #613 of 82010/19/13 at 2:12pmQuote:
Well resonnance can be preceived as "more" the additional decay it often introduces is understood to the common listener as "more" bass
It's a common mistakepost #614 of 82010/19/13 at 2:24pmQuote:
If the additional decay is perceived as more bass, isn't that the same as "it has more bass" ? Does the immediate source of the bass sometimes make it not bass?post #615 of 82010/19/13 at 2:59pmQuote:
all depends on the person, Truth is defined for each person indivudally, espically since sound is so subjective. But there may be measurements to confirm that a closed headphone has "more bass" than the exact same drive in an open enclousure.
Either way, can't wait to see how this can sounds... outside of can jam!
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NEW Shure SHA900 Portable Headphone Amplifier 2 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 5 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 18 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 23 seconds ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › The best amp for Hifiman Shangri-La? 2 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 4 minutes ago
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...