Are the cups different sized than Hifiman cans? I am starting to get dastardly DIY ideas of trying to use the Audeze damping wooden cups to close some HE500s and see how they sound (and look!). It could either turn out fantastic or awful depending on how the cups attach or how each driver is made to sound when damped.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 2/19/16 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 38
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #557 of 82010/14/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
You guys want custom wood cups for your Audeze phones? Go to www.martincustomaudio.com and check out what he does. I have a Denon D5000 of his in Brazilian Rosewood and a D2000 just about ready to ship back to me in Cocobolo Rosewood. Man is an artist with wood headphone cups.post #558 of 82010/14/13 at 4:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oregonian
You guys want custom wood cups for your Audeze phones? Go to www.martincustomaudio.com and check out what he does. I have a Denon D5000 of his in Brazilian Rosewood and a D2000 just about ready to ship back to me in Cocobolo Rosewood. Man is an artist with wood headphone cups.
I'm a huge fan of his.post #559 of 82010/14/13 at 6:01pmpost #560 of 82010/14/13 at 6:44pmpost #561 of 82010/15/13 at 4:25ampost #562 of 82010/15/13 at 6:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Mshenay
keep in mind, there's more to sound than the driver. The housing for example makes a huge differance [as you've seen with the 3D printed AD houseing] not to mention I have no idea just how much Dan has modded that T50 RP driver, anything from Voice Coil upgrades, to dampening would make a differance to.
Still I to would like to hear a review of the XC outside of the noisy Can Jam setting
well i was just thinking maybe the driver can be a bottleneck... probably because im not very impressed with the stock t50rp sonicallypost #563 of 82010/15/13 at 8:34ampost #564 of 82010/15/13 at 12:30pmQuote:
I think the stock pads and houseing where more of a bottle neck. I was shocked at how... much improvement modding my w1000x netted me, a little dynamat [placed intelligently] and the L3000 pads really made it blossom into a wonderful headphone!post #565 of 82010/15/13 at 12:33pmpost #566 of 82010/15/13 at 1:05pm
If I ever hit the end of the journey (or get a ginormous pay rise) will be getting an entire set of the Klutz stands. Stunning combination of looks and functionality but they cost more than very good headphonespost #567 of 82010/15/13 at 2:44pmpost #568 of 82010/15/13 at 3:15pmpost #569 of 82010/15/13 at 3:16pmQuote:
I don't know, are they that "functional?" Seems like omega stands have a better design philosophy.
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 10 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 43 seconds ago
- › LAST PRICE DROP! Denon AH-MM400, Onkyo ES-FC300, Audio Technica... 50 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 52 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Bravo Audio V3 Discussion and Mods. 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...