Are the cups different sized than Hifiman cans? I am starting to get dastardly DIY ideas of trying to use the Audeze damping wooden cups to close some HE500s and see how they sound (and look!). It could either turn out fantastic or awful depending on how the cups attach or how each driver is made to sound when damped.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 38
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #557 of 82010/14/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
You guys want custom wood cups for your Audeze phones? Go to www.martincustomaudio.com and check out what he does. I have a Denon D5000 of his in Brazilian Rosewood and a D2000 just about ready to ship back to me in Cocobolo Rosewood. Man is an artist with wood headphone cups.post #558 of 82010/14/13 at 4:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oregonian
You guys want custom wood cups for your Audeze phones? Go to www.martincustomaudio.com and check out what he does. I have a Denon D5000 of his in Brazilian Rosewood and a D2000 just about ready to ship back to me in Cocobolo Rosewood. Man is an artist with wood headphone cups.
I'm a huge fan of his.post #559 of 82010/14/13 at 6:01pmpost #560 of 82010/14/13 at 6:44pmpost #561 of 82010/15/13 at 4:25ampost #562 of 82010/15/13 at 6:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Mshenay
keep in mind, there's more to sound than the driver. The housing for example makes a huge differance [as you've seen with the 3D printed AD houseing] not to mention I have no idea just how much Dan has modded that T50 RP driver, anything from Voice Coil upgrades, to dampening would make a differance to.
Still I to would like to hear a review of the XC outside of the noisy Can Jam setting
well i was just thinking maybe the driver can be a bottleneck... probably because im not very impressed with the stock t50rp sonicallypost #563 of 82010/15/13 at 8:34ampost #564 of 82010/15/13 at 12:30pmQuote:
I think the stock pads and houseing where more of a bottle neck. I was shocked at how... much improvement modding my w1000x netted me, a little dynamat [placed intelligently] and the L3000 pads really made it blossom into a wonderful headphone!post #565 of 82010/15/13 at 12:33pmpost #566 of 82010/15/13 at 1:05pm
If I ever hit the end of the journey (or get a ginormous pay rise) will be getting an entire set of the Klutz stands. Stunning combination of looks and functionality but they cost more than very good headphonespost #567 of 82010/15/13 at 2:44pmpost #568 of 82010/15/13 at 3:15pmpost #569 of 82010/15/13 at 3:16pmQuote:
I don't know, are they that "functional?" Seems like omega stands have a better design philosophy.
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 11th Calgary Head-Fi Meet Sunday May 31st, 2015 at University of... 24 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 25 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 58 seconds ago
- › I don't like western cosplayers imitating Anime characters, they... 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Meier Corda Opera Analog 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5DAC USB DAC Headphone Amplifier World Tour --Reviewers Wanted. 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2