Are the cups different sized than Hifiman cans? I am starting to get dastardly DIY ideas of trying to use the Audeze damping wooden cups to close some HE500s and see how they sound (and look!). It could either turn out fantastic or awful depending on how the cups attach or how each driver is made to sound when damped.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 2/19/16 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
I was a strong believer that the more expensive the headphones are the better they sound. After hearing Earbell (or Mrice) E100, and Venture Electronics Monk a short while ago, I proved that I was...
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 38post #557 of 82010/14/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
You guys want custom wood cups for your Audeze phones? Go to www.martincustomaudio.com and check out what he does. I have a Denon D5000 of his in Brazilian Rosewood and a D2000 just about ready to ship back to me in Cocobolo Rosewood. Man is an artist with wood headphone cups.post #558 of 82010/14/13 at 4:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oregonian
You guys want custom wood cups for your Audeze phones? Go to www.martincustomaudio.com and check out what he does. I have a Denon D5000 of his in Brazilian Rosewood and a D2000 just about ready to ship back to me in Cocobolo Rosewood. Man is an artist with wood headphone cups.
I'm a huge fan of his.post #559 of 82010/14/13 at 6:01pmpost #560 of 82010/14/13 at 6:44pmpost #561 of 82010/15/13 at 4:25ampost #562 of 82010/15/13 at 6:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Mshenay
keep in mind, there's more to sound than the driver. The housing for example makes a huge differance [as you've seen with the 3D printed AD houseing] not to mention I have no idea just how much Dan has modded that T50 RP driver, anything from Voice Coil upgrades, to dampening would make a differance to.
Still I to would like to hear a review of the XC outside of the noisy Can Jam setting
well i was just thinking maybe the driver can be a bottleneck... probably because im not very impressed with the stock t50rp sonicallypost #563 of 82010/15/13 at 8:34ampost #564 of 82010/15/13 at 12:30pmQuote:
I think the stock pads and houseing where more of a bottle neck. I was shocked at how... much improvement modding my w1000x netted me, a little dynamat [placed intelligently] and the L3000 pads really made it blossom into a wonderful headphone!post #565 of 82010/15/13 at 12:33pmpost #566 of 82010/15/13 at 1:05pm
If I ever hit the end of the journey (or get a ginormous pay rise) will be getting an entire set of the Klutz stands. Stunning combination of looks and functionality but they cost more than very good headphonespost #567 of 82010/15/13 at 2:44pmpost #568 of 82010/15/13 at 3:15pmpost #569 of 82010/15/13 at 3:16pmQuote:
I don't know, are they that "functional?" Seems like omega stands have a better design philosophy.
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Hello, starting a new thread to get approval 3 minutes ago
- › What will the new DX200 look like? Dec 23, new images on page 1. 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 1st Gen with Cardas Cable 5 minutes ago
- › Need advice from owners: excessive sibilance brightness with new... 5 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse