shouldnt you guys hope its even better looking since its going to be final production units?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 10/2/16 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
Today is my long overdue review of the Cayin i5. I had trouble getting this review complete due to a holiday emergency and a slow recovery however, better late than never. *disclaimer* I've...
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 34post #496 of 82010/10/13 at 7:38pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #497 of 82010/11/13 at 12:15ampost #498 of 82010/11/13 at 3:15pmpost #499 of 82010/11/13 at 3:18pmpost #500 of 82010/11/13 at 3:36pmpost #501 of 82010/11/13 at 4:01pmQuote:It's a 8 maybe - it's dark, black.post #502 of 82010/11/13 at 4:37pmpost #503 of 82010/11/13 at 4:46pmpost #504 of 82010/11/13 at 5:14pmQuote:
What about the sound tho? Seems a lot of raving for the X but no love the the XC?post #505 of 82010/11/13 at 5:17pmpost #506 of 82010/11/13 at 5:32pmQuote:
Gotta have them all. Audeze should just sell them as extra options!post #507 of 82010/11/13 at 5:52pm
Orders begin Nov 1 ? They are appearing on the Audeze site now and can be put in the web cart, but checkout is down.
Any clarification as to whether they can actually be ordered now via the web site? Anyone at the CanJam?
Answering my own question, per the Audeze web site: "Orders begin shipping on November 1st"
Edited by ogodei - 10/11/13 at 6:27pmpost #508 of 82010/11/13 at 5:54pmQuote:
Not likely to buy one but is the XC a basshead can.
Nice job on the pics Ethan. They look almost as good as my Denons.post #509 of 82010/11/13 at 6:18pmpost #510 of 82010/11/13 at 7:01pmQuote:No they're not a basshead's can. The sound is very, very much in line with the Audeze family. None of the Audeze's sound all that open to me, which contrasts with my feelings about the HiFiMan line. With that said, I don't find a large difference in sound between the open and closed Audeze's. Unfortunately, they weren't allowing us to use our source, unlike many of the booths, so I couldn't use my test tracks to really understand the sound. IMHO, if you like the Audeze house sound, but need more isolation or even just prefer the look of the closed, as I do, you needn't hesitate in their purchase. By the way, here is the prototype DAC/amp they were powered from:
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Portable Headphone Amplifier - Sony's PHA-1A vs. PHA-3 28 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R DAP - Dual ES9018K2M, Balanced Out, Android 5.1,... 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Cayin i5 by Voxata
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear