Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 22

post #316 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

Audeze has never marketed to the consumer or Low-Fi/Mid-Fi crowd. They have and will probably always will be a market towards the enthusiast crowd, and the price will represent that accordingly. I do understand the people who want to believe this headphone will be "affordable" but it just isn't realistic given Audeze's past ventures. 

Sorry, enthusiast can still bitch about their prices, most especially when many people don't believe their performance reflect the price.

post #317 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Sorry, enthusiast can still bitch about their prices, most especially when many people don't believe their performance reflect the price.

Okay, that is obvious, but that won't stop Audeze from pricing their products where they feel a enthusiast will buy them. It has been done in the past and will be done again, because not everyone minds paying the big bucks for their toys. Simple as that. If someone is constantly worried about price/performance, then they are in the wrong hobby, and on the wrong forum. 

post #318 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

Audeze has never marketed to the consumer or Low-Fi/Mid-Fi crowd.

 

 

Are you in any way remotely insinuating that low-fi/mid-fi is related to cost?  Because that's most certainly not the case.  There's garbage at any price range.

post #319 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

 

 

Are you in any way remotely insinuating that low-fi/mid-fi is related to cost?  Because that's most certainly not the case.  There's garbage at any price range.

I'm saying that low-fi/mid-fi are markets that look at price/performance more heavily. Price, in the summit-fi/enthusiast range is probably one of the last things that are the mind of companies. It just isn't important to them, and that is apparent in the current offerings in that market. Of coarse there is garbage at any price, I'm not debating that, nor did I say I was. I'm saying that value, is not considered heavily when companies such Audeze is designing headphones etc, IMO. 

post #320 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

Okay, that is obvious, but that won't stop Audeze from pricing their products where they feel a enthusiast will buy them. It has been done in the past and will be done again, because not everyone minds paying the big bucks for their toys. Simple as that. If someone is constantly worried about price/performance, then they are in the wrong hobby, and on the wrong forum. 

They run the risk of running into the "more is better."

 

And sure, if you don't mind paying for it, cool. I do however mind paying for crap.

post #321 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

They run the risk of running into the "more is better."

 

And sure, if you don't mind paying for it, cool. I do however mind paying for crap.

I'm not debating that at all. Honestly, I agree that many products are severely overpriced. But not everyone minds paying for a $1000+ headphone even though it may sound only 3-5% (generalizing) better than a $300 headphone. That is just the way this market is and works. We pay top dollar for the subtle differences. 

 

Also I'm not judging, but when you say crap, does that mean you have heard the them? or atleast the prototype? How are you coming to the conclusion that these are going to sound like crap? You have the LCD-3, I guess you love crap like the rest of this community. cool.gif 

post #322 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

Okay, that is obvious, but that won't stop Audeze from pricing their products where they feel a enthusiast will buy them. It has been done in the past and will be done again, because not everyone minds paying the big bucks for their toys. Simple as that. If someone is constantly worried about price/performance, then they are in the wrong hobby, and on the wrong forum. 

 

 

Yeah it won't stop them from doing it, but it doesn't mean they're not ******** for doing so.  Going from 1k with Audeze LCD2 to 2k with LCD3?  Dick move. 

 

I don't like statements such as this.  You're basically letting Audeze and any other companies trample all over you because you're merely accepting the fact that people with deep pockets will buy expensive stuff regardless, and that people willingly accept the exponentially diminishing returns the further up they go.  It's why I respect companies like Hifiman so much who actually lower the prices of their headphones and develop advanced products for cheaper and cheaper.  LCD2 is at most a 500-600 dollar headphone.

post #323 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

 

 

Also I'm not judging, but when you say crap, does that mean you have heard the them? or atleast the prototype? How are you coming to the conclusion that these are going to sound like crap? You have the LCD-3, I guess you love crap like the rest of this community. cool.gif 

 

My entire perspective is from the viewpoint of the current state of the Audez'e closed back proto's.

 

I have heard 'em and they sound no better than an LCD-2, if that. 

post #324 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

 

 

Yeah it won't stop them from doing it, but it doesn't mean they're not ******** for doing so.  Going from 1k with Audeze LCD2 to 2k with LCD3?  Dick move. 

 

I don't like statements such as this.  You're basically letting Audeze and any other companies trample all over you because you're merely accepting the fact that people with deep pockets will buy expensive stuff regardless, and that people willingly accept the exponentially diminishing returns the further up they go.  It's why I respect companies like Hifiman so much who actually lower the prices of their headphones and develop advanced products for cheaper and cheaper.  LCD2 is at most a 500-600 dollar headphone.

I accept that, but again that style of marketing isn't exclusively used in the audio industry. I mean countless other markets suffer from the same tactics, automobiles, furniture, even computer parts. Bottom line is no amount of uproar is going to change the ways of big corporations or companies.

post #325 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

 

My entire perspective is from the viewpoint of the current state of the Audez'e closed back proto's.

 

I have heard 'em and they sound no better than an LCD-2, if that. 

Could you elaborate on that? I'm sure many people interested in buying or that are on the fence about these are going to appreciate your input on the protos. I know I am. Thanks

post #326 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post

Could you elaborate on that? I'm sure many people interested in buying or that are on the fence about these are going to appreciate your input on the protos. I know I am. Thanks

It just wasn't up to spec. Bass wasn't what you come to expect from a typical Audez'e phone. It just sounded constrained and closed in.

Comparatively the TH-900 out-shined it.

 

These have been in proto for a while now and I suspect Audez'e has had a struggle. I'm not saying the final production unit

won't impress, however I can only judge what I've heard thus far.

post #327 of 820

I'm sure it'll sound great once they implement the new drivers and all that engineering for it, but all I ask is that the price be in-line, and not be part of a continual rise.

post #328 of 820

well hopefully its more affordable... i dont see myself getting it if its more than the lcd2...

post #329 of 820

Yeah, it sounds like all the impressions so far aren't really going to be useful in the long run. With a new driver, Audeze could actually end up with a very competitive closed headphone. We're back a square one and don't really know anything yet.

post #330 of 820

Is the general consensus that the closed will be in the $1500-2000 range? Especially if they reach the quality of other high end closed cans?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.