Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 2/19/16 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 13post #181 of 82010/18/12 at 6:33pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #182 of 82010/18/12 at 6:57pmpost #183 of 82010/19/12 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Cristello
It is possible that his pair has closed vents. Might be a QC slip-up, might be a revision.
takato14 might want to contact Fostex about this, but otherwise...who knows?
Might we get back to these wonderful new prototypes that Audeze has presented us?
I think that keeping the backwave in check is going to be tough for Audeze, but I'm rooting for them!
(maybe a new mono-pole planar driver is in order...)
Manufacturers have been dealing with back waves on planar drivers since the 50s. Really, this isn't that difficult a problem. Obviously it won't be the same as with an open design, but the principles used to minimize impact have been known for a LONG time.post #184 of 82010/19/12 at 9:38ampost #185 of 82010/19/12 at 9:57ampost #186 of 82010/19/12 at 10:23pmpost #187 of 82010/19/12 at 10:39pmQuote:
Stax tried it with the 4070 and while it was a very good closed headphone, it wasn't as good as their open ones and they dropped it from continuous production. Stax did develop an original "bass-reflex like" ventilation air structure for this model but the 4070 failed to gain popularity in the marketplace and is now built to order.
Edited by grokit - 10/20/12 at 9:08pmpost #188 of 82010/20/12 at 7:27pmpost #189 of 82010/20/12 at 10:34pmQuote:
That sure looks better than the LCD-2/3's "storm drain grille".post #190 of 82010/20/12 at 10:37pmQuote:
A man forges, a woman bakes.
(no relevance to the Audezes ofc, the metal grills are probably outsourced while the wood cover is...well wood, so carpentry, which is not baking)
Edited by jerg - 10/20/12 at 10:41pmpost #191 of 82010/20/12 at 10:40pmpost #192 of 82010/21/12 at 4:52pmpost #193 of 82010/21/12 at 4:58pmQuote:
why do women have to look pretty if all they do is stay in the kitchen?
lol im going to get so much hate for this lol...post #194 of 82010/21/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
I paid $1000 for them, they damn well better look sexy.
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 25 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 45 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced! 4 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 5 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 7 minutes ago
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...