Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Grado evolving too slowly? Last post on 5/23/13 at 9:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 13post #181 of 82010/18/12 at 6:33pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #182 of 82010/18/12 at 6:57pmpost #183 of 82010/19/12 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Cristello
It is possible that his pair has closed vents. Might be a QC slip-up, might be a revision.
takato14 might want to contact Fostex about this, but otherwise...who knows?
Might we get back to these wonderful new prototypes that Audeze has presented us?
I think that keeping the backwave in check is going to be tough for Audeze, but I'm rooting for them!
(maybe a new mono-pole planar driver is in order...)
Manufacturers have been dealing with back waves on planar drivers since the 50s. Really, this isn't that difficult a problem. Obviously it won't be the same as with an open design, but the principles used to minimize impact have been known for a LONG time.post #184 of 82010/19/12 at 9:38ampost #185 of 82010/19/12 at 9:57ampost #186 of 82010/19/12 at 10:23pmpost #187 of 82010/19/12 at 10:39pmQuote:
Stax tried it with the 4070 and while it was a very good closed headphone, it wasn't as good as their open ones and they dropped it from continuous production. Stax did develop an original "bass-reflex like" ventilation air structure for this model but the 4070 failed to gain popularity in the marketplace and is now built to order.
Edited by grokit - 10/20/12 at 9:08pmpost #188 of 82010/20/12 at 7:27pmpost #189 of 82010/20/12 at 10:34pmQuote:
That sure looks better than the LCD-2/3's "storm drain grille".post #190 of 82010/20/12 at 10:37pmQuote:
A man forges, a woman bakes.
(no relevance to the Audezes ofc, the metal grills are probably outsourced while the wood cover is...well wood, so carpentry, which is not baking)
Edited by jerg - 10/20/12 at 10:41pmpost #191 of 82010/20/12 at 10:40pmpost #192 of 82010/21/12 at 4:52pmpost #193 of 82010/21/12 at 4:58pmQuote:
why do women have to look pretty if all they do is stay in the kitchen?
lol im going to get so much hate for this lol...post #194 of 82010/21/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
I paid $1000 for them, they damn well better look sexy.
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 1 minute ago
- › Good Skrillex headphones 1 minute ago
- › FS: Geek Out DAC 450 in green 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon J3 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › KEF LS50 w/ Rotel RA-11 --- matching sub recommendations? 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor 5 minutes ago
- › Loki 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Geek Out 450 Silver MINT condition USB DAC Amp 6 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)