Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 13post #181 of 82010/18/12 at 6:33pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #182 of 82010/18/12 at 6:57pmpost #183 of 82010/19/12 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Cristello
It is possible that his pair has closed vents. Might be a QC slip-up, might be a revision.
takato14 might want to contact Fostex about this, but otherwise...who knows?
Might we get back to these wonderful new prototypes that Audeze has presented us?
I think that keeping the backwave in check is going to be tough for Audeze, but I'm rooting for them!
(maybe a new mono-pole planar driver is in order...)
Manufacturers have been dealing with back waves on planar drivers since the 50s. Really, this isn't that difficult a problem. Obviously it won't be the same as with an open design, but the principles used to minimize impact have been known for a LONG time.post #184 of 82010/19/12 at 9:38ampost #185 of 82010/19/12 at 9:57ampost #186 of 82010/19/12 at 10:23pmpost #187 of 82010/19/12 at 10:39pmQuote:
Stax tried it with the 4070 and while it was a very good closed headphone, it wasn't as good as their open ones and they dropped it from continuous production. Stax did develop an original "bass-reflex like" ventilation air structure for this model but the 4070 failed to gain popularity in the marketplace and is now built to order.
Edited by grokit - 10/20/12 at 9:08pmpost #188 of 82010/20/12 at 7:27pmpost #189 of 82010/20/12 at 10:34pmQuote:
That sure looks better than the LCD-2/3's "storm drain grille".post #190 of 82010/20/12 at 10:37pmQuote:
A man forges, a woman bakes.
(no relevance to the Audezes ofc, the metal grills are probably outsourced while the wood cover is...well wood, so carpentry, which is not baking)
Edited by jerg - 10/20/12 at 10:41pmpost #191 of 82010/20/12 at 10:40pmpost #192 of 82010/21/12 at 4:52pmpost #193 of 82010/21/12 at 4:58pmQuote:
why do women have to look pretty if all they do is stay in the kitchen?
lol im going to get so much hate for this lol...post #194 of 82010/21/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
I paid $1000 for them, they damn well better look sexy.
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 34 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Help! Looking for a good multimedia player and amp for Shure SE846 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 8 minutes ago
- › Wagnus The famous Japan brand has their cable variant from IC to... 8 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 324 IEMs compared (Brainwavz R3 ver.2 added... 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)