Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is Grado evolving too slowly? Last post on 5/23/13 at 9:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 13post #181 of 82010/18/12 at 6:33pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #182 of 82010/18/12 at 6:57pmpost #183 of 82010/19/12 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Cristello
It is possible that his pair has closed vents. Might be a QC slip-up, might be a revision.
takato14 might want to contact Fostex about this, but otherwise...who knows?
Might we get back to these wonderful new prototypes that Audeze has presented us?
I think that keeping the backwave in check is going to be tough for Audeze, but I'm rooting for them!
(maybe a new mono-pole planar driver is in order...)
Manufacturers have been dealing with back waves on planar drivers since the 50s. Really, this isn't that difficult a problem. Obviously it won't be the same as with an open design, but the principles used to minimize impact have been known for a LONG time.post #184 of 82010/19/12 at 9:38ampost #185 of 82010/19/12 at 9:57ampost #186 of 82010/19/12 at 10:23pmpost #187 of 82010/19/12 at 10:39pmQuote:
Stax tried it with the 4070 and while it was a very good closed headphone, it wasn't as good as their open ones and they dropped it from continuous production. Stax did develop an original "bass-reflex like" ventilation air structure for this model but the 4070 failed to gain popularity in the marketplace and is now built to order.
Edited by grokit - 10/20/12 at 9:08pmpost #188 of 82010/20/12 at 7:27pmpost #189 of 82010/20/12 at 10:34pmQuote:
That sure looks better than the LCD-2/3's "storm drain grille".post #190 of 82010/20/12 at 10:37pmQuote:
A man forges, a woman bakes.
(no relevance to the Audezes ofc, the metal grills are probably outsourced while the wood cover is...well wood, so carpentry, which is not baking)
Edited by jerg - 10/20/12 at 10:41pmpost #191 of 82010/20/12 at 10:40pmpost #192 of 82010/21/12 at 4:52pmpost #193 of 82010/21/12 at 4:58pmQuote:
why do women have to look pretty if all they do is stay in the kitchen?
lol im going to get so much hate for this lol...post #194 of 82010/21/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
I paid $1000 for them, they damn well better look sexy.
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Bottlehead Crackheadphone 54 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 1 minute ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo Mobile DAC/ Headphone Amp ~ LIKE NEW 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 3 minutes ago
- › Interest Check Like New Vmoda XS for your Vmoda m100 3 minutes ago
- › Need help! Amp recommendations? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)