Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 13post #181 of 82010/18/12 at 6:33pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #182 of 82010/18/12 at 6:57pmpost #183 of 82010/19/12 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Cristello
It is possible that his pair has closed vents. Might be a QC slip-up, might be a revision.
takato14 might want to contact Fostex about this, but otherwise...who knows?
Might we get back to these wonderful new prototypes that Audeze has presented us?
I think that keeping the backwave in check is going to be tough for Audeze, but I'm rooting for them!
(maybe a new mono-pole planar driver is in order...)
Manufacturers have been dealing with back waves on planar drivers since the 50s. Really, this isn't that difficult a problem. Obviously it won't be the same as with an open design, but the principles used to minimize impact have been known for a LONG time.post #184 of 82010/19/12 at 9:38ampost #185 of 82010/19/12 at 9:57ampost #186 of 82010/19/12 at 10:23pmpost #187 of 82010/19/12 at 10:39pmQuote:
Stax tried it with the 4070 and while it was a very good closed headphone, it wasn't as good as their open ones and they dropped it from continuous production. Stax did develop an original "bass-reflex like" ventilation air structure for this model but the 4070 failed to gain popularity in the marketplace and is now built to order.
Edited by grokit - 10/20/12 at 9:08pmpost #188 of 82010/20/12 at 7:27pmpost #189 of 82010/20/12 at 10:34pmQuote:
That sure looks better than the LCD-2/3's "storm drain grille".post #190 of 82010/20/12 at 10:37pmQuote:
A man forges, a woman bakes.
(no relevance to the Audezes ofc, the metal grills are probably outsourced while the wood cover is...well wood, so carpentry, which is not baking)
Edited by jerg - 10/20/12 at 10:41pmpost #191 of 82010/20/12 at 10:40pmpost #192 of 82010/21/12 at 4:52pmpost #193 of 82010/21/12 at 4:58pmQuote:
why do women have to look pretty if all they do is stay in the kitchen?
lol im going to get so much hate for this lol...post #194 of 82010/21/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
I paid $1000 for them, they damn well better look sexy.
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 18 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 28 seconds ago
- › [TOUR] Cayin N5 DAP (AK4490EQ, DSD, 2.5mm balanced headphone) 1 minute ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX80 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 5 minutes ago
- › Fatal flaw with Audeze EL-8 ??? 5 minutes ago
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2