The cups are made of cherry birch and have an Urushi lacquer on them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 9post #121 of 82010/14/12 at 7:14pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 82010/14/12 at 8:01pmQuote:
To each their own, although I think they look gorgeous the way they are. That cup attached on the end makes the headphone look very different and striking as well.
I hope they don't change a thing. The wood colour and texture is also appealing to me.post #123 of 82010/14/12 at 9:08pm
Am I the only one here who actually <loves> the modular look of these? Those are just simply gorgeous.
Guess not, lol.
Edited by takato14 - 10/14/12 at 9:09pmpost #124 of 82010/14/12 at 9:20pmpost #125 of 82010/14/12 at 9:24pmpost #126 of 82010/14/12 at 10:43pmpost #127 of 82010/14/12 at 10:47pmQuote:
Technically the LCD-2/3 cant compete in there, nor can this, since the MDR-R10 is the king of dynamic headphones, not all headphones in general. The Fostex TH900 might be a challenger to the R10.post #128 of 82010/14/12 at 11:19pmpost #129 of 82010/14/12 at 11:23pmpost #130 of 82010/14/12 at 11:31pmpost #131 of 82010/15/12 at 12:34amTakito14 good point, technically they are different designs - just to clarify I mean sonic ability/performancy may be similar/better or worse than MDR-R10 we will have too see.
Regarding the Fostex TH900 - from what the owners in the head-fi thread appear to be saying the general consensus is the Fostex is not quite up to the R-10 in terms of it's ability although it appears to be generally highly regarded.post #132 of 82010/15/12 at 12:36ampost #133 of 82010/15/12 at 3:15am
Soundstage impressive. Must be better then the LCD-2 then in that regard or I disagree already :D.
How well do they isolate? I don´t understand previews of closed headphones where there is no mention of this.post #134 of 82010/15/12 at 7:17ampost #135 of 82010/15/12 at 10:58amQuote:
The headphones are awfully heavy, and they don't clap very much. They'd fall off very very easily. Unless audeze uses a different headphone frame, these aren't a gonna be a good portable unit.
Personally, I can deal with them sliding around every now and then, but even using my M50s while doing something active like jogging left them falling off my head. Using these while doing anything more than walking would not be a good idea. /*$1000 headphone falls to floor with a deafening crash*/
Not to mention wood and sunlight don't mix. It would fade the finish of the wood.
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 40 seconds ago
- › Head Fi's Balanced Battalion 44 seconds ago
- › Best Studio Headphones 51 seconds ago
- › RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › any amp/dac combo that beats Yulong U100 for 110$? 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)