The cups are made of cherry birch and have an Urushi lacquer on them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 10/2/16 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: I would like to thank Fiio very much for providing me with the opportunity to review the X5 iii. This review is part of Fiio’s tour, there is no monetary incentive for a positive...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 9post #121 of 82010/14/12 at 7:14pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 82010/14/12 at 8:01pmQuote:
To each their own, although I think they look gorgeous the way they are. That cup attached on the end makes the headphone look very different and striking as well.
I hope they don't change a thing. The wood colour and texture is also appealing to me.post #123 of 82010/14/12 at 9:08pm
Am I the only one here who actually <loves> the modular look of these? Those are just simply gorgeous.
Guess not, lol.
Edited by takato14 - 10/14/12 at 9:09pmpost #124 of 82010/14/12 at 9:20pmpost #125 of 82010/14/12 at 9:24pmpost #126 of 82010/14/12 at 10:43pmpost #127 of 82010/14/12 at 10:47pmQuote:
Technically the LCD-2/3 cant compete in there, nor can this, since the MDR-R10 is the king of dynamic headphones, not all headphones in general. The Fostex TH900 might be a challenger to the R10.post #128 of 82010/14/12 at 11:19pmpost #129 of 82010/14/12 at 11:23pmpost #130 of 82010/14/12 at 11:31pmpost #131 of 82010/15/12 at 12:34amTakito14 good point, technically they are different designs - just to clarify I mean sonic ability/performancy may be similar/better or worse than MDR-R10 we will have too see.
Regarding the Fostex TH900 - from what the owners in the head-fi thread appear to be saying the general consensus is the Fostex is not quite up to the R-10 in terms of it's ability although it appears to be generally highly regarded.post #132 of 82010/15/12 at 12:36ampost #133 of 82010/15/12 at 3:15am
Soundstage impressive. Must be better then the LCD-2 then in that regard or I disagree already :D.
How well do they isolate? I don´t understand previews of closed headphones where there is no mention of this.post #134 of 82010/15/12 at 7:17ampost #135 of 82010/15/12 at 10:58amQuote:
The headphones are awfully heavy, and they don't clap very much. They'd fall off very very easily. Unless audeze uses a different headphone frame, these aren't a gonna be a good portable unit.
Personally, I can deal with them sliding around every now and then, but even using my M50s while doing something active like jogging left them falling off my head. Using these while doing anything more than walking would not be a good idea. /*$1000 headphone falls to floor with a deafening crash*/
Not to mention wood and sunlight don't mix. It would fade the finish of the wood.
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Singxer SU-1 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 4 minutes ago
- › Anything happening in North or South Carolina? 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by peter1480
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear