The cups are made of cherry birch and have an Urushi lacquer on them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 9post #121 of 82010/14/12 at 7:14pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 82010/14/12 at 8:01pmQuote:
To each their own, although I think they look gorgeous the way they are. That cup attached on the end makes the headphone look very different and striking as well.
I hope they don't change a thing. The wood colour and texture is also appealing to me.post #123 of 82010/14/12 at 9:08pm
Am I the only one here who actually <loves> the modular look of these? Those are just simply gorgeous.
Guess not, lol.
Edited by takato14 - 10/14/12 at 9:09pmpost #124 of 82010/14/12 at 9:20pmpost #125 of 82010/14/12 at 9:24pmpost #126 of 82010/14/12 at 10:43pmpost #127 of 82010/14/12 at 10:47pmQuote:
Technically the LCD-2/3 cant compete in there, nor can this, since the MDR-R10 is the king of dynamic headphones, not all headphones in general. The Fostex TH900 might be a challenger to the R10.post #128 of 82010/14/12 at 11:19pmpost #129 of 82010/14/12 at 11:23pmpost #130 of 82010/14/12 at 11:31pmpost #131 of 82010/15/12 at 12:34amTakito14 good point, technically they are different designs - just to clarify I mean sonic ability/performancy may be similar/better or worse than MDR-R10 we will have too see.
Regarding the Fostex TH900 - from what the owners in the head-fi thread appear to be saying the general consensus is the Fostex is not quite up to the R-10 in terms of it's ability although it appears to be generally highly regarded.post #132 of 82010/15/12 at 12:36ampost #133 of 82010/15/12 at 3:15am
Soundstage impressive. Must be better then the LCD-2 then in that regard or I disagree already :D.
How well do they isolate? I don´t understand previews of closed headphones where there is no mention of this.post #134 of 82010/15/12 at 7:17ampost #135 of 82010/15/12 at 10:58amQuote:
The headphones are awfully heavy, and they don't clap very much. They'd fall off very very easily. Unless audeze uses a different headphone frame, these aren't a gonna be a good portable unit.
Personally, I can deal with them sliding around every now and then, but even using my M50s while doing something active like jogging left them falling off my head. Using these while doing anything more than walking would not be a good idea. /*$1000 headphone falls to floor with a deafening crash*/
Not to mention wood and sunlight don't mix. It would fade the finish of the wood.
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 59 seconds ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 1 minute ago
- › PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset... 1 minute ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Which open headphones would be a good compliment to my NAD Viso HP50? 2 minutes ago
- › Best MUSIC SERVER: WEISS 301, Aurender, LUMIN.... ? HELP ! 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › M-Audio AV40 - still a good buy? 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)