The cups are made of cherry birch and have an Urushi lacquer on them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 9post #121 of 82010/14/12 at 7:14pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 82010/14/12 at 8:01pmQuote:
To each their own, although I think they look gorgeous the way they are. That cup attached on the end makes the headphone look very different and striking as well.
I hope they don't change a thing. The wood colour and texture is also appealing to me.post #123 of 82010/14/12 at 9:08pm
Am I the only one here who actually <loves> the modular look of these? Those are just simply gorgeous.
Guess not, lol.
Edited by takato14 - 10/14/12 at 9:09pmpost #124 of 82010/14/12 at 9:20pmpost #125 of 82010/14/12 at 9:24pmpost #126 of 82010/14/12 at 10:43pmpost #127 of 82010/14/12 at 10:47pmQuote:
Technically the LCD-2/3 cant compete in there, nor can this, since the MDR-R10 is the king of dynamic headphones, not all headphones in general. The Fostex TH900 might be a challenger to the R10.post #128 of 82010/14/12 at 11:19pmpost #129 of 82010/14/12 at 11:23pmpost #130 of 82010/14/12 at 11:31pmpost #131 of 82010/15/12 at 12:34amTakito14 good point, technically they are different designs - just to clarify I mean sonic ability/performancy may be similar/better or worse than MDR-R10 we will have too see.
Regarding the Fostex TH900 - from what the owners in the head-fi thread appear to be saying the general consensus is the Fostex is not quite up to the R-10 in terms of it's ability although it appears to be generally highly regarded.post #132 of 82010/15/12 at 12:36ampost #133 of 82010/15/12 at 3:15am
Soundstage impressive. Must be better then the LCD-2 then in that regard or I disagree already :D.
How well do they isolate? I don´t understand previews of closed headphones where there is no mention of this.post #134 of 82010/15/12 at 7:17ampost #135 of 82010/15/12 at 10:58amQuote:
The headphones are awfully heavy, and they don't clap very much. They'd fall off very very easily. Unless audeze uses a different headphone frame, these aren't a gonna be a good portable unit.
Personally, I can deal with them sliding around every now and then, but even using my M50s while doing something active like jogging left them falling off my head. Using these while doing anything more than walking would not be a good idea. /*$1000 headphone falls to floor with a deafening crash*/
Not to mention wood and sunlight don't mix. It would fade the finish of the wood.
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audiophile Music Player 4 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr (original - version 1) 42 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 2 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U1 - Thoughts? 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2