The cups are made of cherry birch and have an Urushi lacquer on them.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MADE IN THE USA - Any advise Last post on 4/2/13 at 12:57pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Check Out The Head-Fi Summer 2012 Buying Guide! Last post on 3/31/13 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Auditioning headphones in Indiana area Last post on 2/10/12 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list. - Page 9post #121 of 82010/14/12 at 7:14pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #122 of 82010/14/12 at 8:01pmQuote:
To each their own, although I think they look gorgeous the way they are. That cup attached on the end makes the headphone look very different and striking as well.
I hope they don't change a thing. The wood colour and texture is also appealing to me.post #123 of 82010/14/12 at 9:08pm
Am I the only one here who actually <loves> the modular look of these? Those are just simply gorgeous.
Guess not, lol.
Edited by takato14 - 10/14/12 at 9:09pmpost #124 of 82010/14/12 at 9:20pmpost #125 of 82010/14/12 at 9:24pmpost #126 of 82010/14/12 at 10:43pmpost #127 of 82010/14/12 at 10:47pmQuote:
Technically the LCD-2/3 cant compete in there, nor can this, since the MDR-R10 is the king of dynamic headphones, not all headphones in general. The Fostex TH900 might be a challenger to the R10.post #128 of 82010/14/12 at 11:19pmpost #129 of 82010/14/12 at 11:23pmpost #130 of 82010/14/12 at 11:31pmpost #131 of 82010/15/12 at 12:34amTakito14 good point, technically they are different designs - just to clarify I mean sonic ability/performancy may be similar/better or worse than MDR-R10 we will have too see.
Regarding the Fostex TH900 - from what the owners in the head-fi thread appear to be saying the general consensus is the Fostex is not quite up to the R-10 in terms of it's ability although it appears to be generally highly regarded.post #132 of 82010/15/12 at 12:36ampost #133 of 82010/15/12 at 3:15am
Soundstage impressive. Must be better then the LCD-2 then in that regard or I disagree already :D.
How well do they isolate? I don´t understand previews of closed headphones where there is no mention of this.post #134 of 82010/15/12 at 7:17ampost #135 of 82010/15/12 at 10:58amQuote:
The headphones are awfully heavy, and they don't clap very much. They'd fall off very very easily. Unless audeze uses a different headphone frame, these aren't a gonna be a good portable unit.
Personally, I can deal with them sliding around every now and then, but even using my M50s while doing something active like jogging left them falling off my head. Using these while doing anything more than walking would not be a good idea. /*$1000 headphone falls to floor with a deafening crash*/
Not to mention wood and sunlight don't mix. It would fade the finish of the wood.
- Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 33 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 41 seconds ago
- › The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 Studio Review 4 minutes ago
- › SENNHEISER HD650 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2