After disasterious experiences with the Klipsch Image S4 (I purchased two because one broke, and now the other one broke and am too lazy to fix the headphone jacks), then sticking to my Image S2s that I had for a long time because I spent my money on the ATH-M50s and HD 598, I have come to the conclusion that I might as well get something that is different, something that is worth the bang for the buck for an IEM. The Klipsch isn't very durable, they are sibilant as hell, and I am sick of their quality and signature. The Brainwavz B2 were on sale with a Fiio E6 amp for only $120 (with FREE shipping to Canada), but I was a fool not to get them. Now, sadden by the fact that did not get them, am looking for the next best thing. The Gr06 is the only pair of IEMs that are well priced at $65+$5 shipping at headphonebar.com, and well received in the 200+ IEM reviewed forum page. So assuming I listen to almost every genre of music, have a budget of $200, and do not want sibilance, would the Gr06 be a great purchase?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/12
- productVSONIC GR04tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Asymmetric in-ear buds for around 35-40$ Last post on 11/24/12 at 8:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget under 70$ IEMs? Last post on 7/22/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
Gr06 a great buy for IEMs in Canada?post #1 of 710/12/12 at 8:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/12/12 at 8:33pm
They'd be a fantastic buy. Some of the smoothest mids I've heard for the money. Also tried them out at Headphone Bar. Fit is a bit shallow, so deeper tips give better sound. Also the housings are a bit "square" and can fit awkwardly in smaller ears.post #3 of 710/12/12 at 10:49pmThread Starter
Has anyone tried the Brainwavz R1 and Gr06? Assuming the Gr07 are on par wit the B2s, can I assume that $35 for the R1 (when comparing it to the B2s, Gr06 or Gr07) be an exceptional price?post #4 of 710/13/12 at 8:02pmQuote:
The R1 hasn't been released, yet.(soon though) So we really don't know much about them.
If you thought the S4 were sibilant, you should be glad that you didn't purchase the B2s. They were pretty harsh.
The GR06 is awesome. They're my non-fatiguing iems of choice.post #5 of 710/13/12 at 9:29pmThread StarterQuote:
I've been trying to comfort myself for not getting the B2s. I've been hearing about their harsh highs, and just hearing that from you made me more satisfied that I did not purchase them for a low price of $130 with a Fiio amp. When those R1 reviews come out hopefully before the upcoming Weds with very positive reviews (hopefully better than the Gr06), I'll be purchasing 10 of those for myself and my family, and best part of that is free express shipping to Canada. :Dpost #6 of 710/14/12 at 2:27amSplit the order between GR06 and GR04 flagship?
I have the R1 on order, they will have to be pretty special to approach the GR06.
I may order the 04 as well, just for fun.post #7 of 710/14/12 at 8:51amQuote:
The GR04 Flagships' sold at cost basically, good deals. They used to be like $80, I think they're like $50 now?
They just didn't catch on like the GR06 so they're probably trying to get rid of them.
They're supposed to be a little more neutral and technically superior to the GR06. It might be a nice addition to have around.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Gr06 a great buy for IEMs in Canada?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › ZMF x Vibro MK II - MassDrop LTD Purple Heart Edition 13 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 50 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 1 minute ago
- › AE Shipping discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...