Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Gr06 a great buy for IEMs in Canada?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gr06 a great buy for IEMs in Canada?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

After disasterious experiences with the Klipsch Image S4 (I purchased two because one broke, and now the other one broke and am too lazy to fix the headphone jacks), then sticking to my Image S2s that I had for a long time because I spent my money on the ATH-M50s and HD 598, I have come to the conclusion that I might as well get something that is different, something that is worth the bang for the buck for an IEM. The Klipsch isn't very durable, they are sibilant as hell, and I am sick of their quality and signature. The Brainwavz B2 were on sale with a Fiio E6 amp for only $120 (with FREE shipping to Canada), but I was a fool not to get them. Now, sadden by the fact that did not get them, am looking for the next best thing. The Gr06 is the only pair of IEMs that are well priced at $65+$5 shipping at headphonebar.com, and well received in the 200+ IEM reviewed forum page. So assuming I listen to almost every genre of music, have a budget of $200, and do not want sibilance, would the Gr06 be a great purchase?

post #2 of 7

They'd be a fantastic buy. Some of the smoothest mids I've heard for the money. Also tried them out at Headphone Bar. Fit is a bit shallow, so deeper tips give better sound. Also the housings are a bit "square" and can fit awkwardly in smaller ears.

post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 

Has anyone tried the Brainwavz R1 and Gr06? Assuming the Gr07 are on par wit the B2s, can I assume that $35 for the R1 (when comparing it to the B2s, Gr06 or Gr07) be an exceptional price?

post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycho View Post

Has anyone tried the Brainwavz R1 and Gr06? Assuming the Gr07 are on par wit the B2s, can I assume that $35 for the R1 (when comparing it to the B2s, Gr06 or Gr07) be an exceptional price?

The R1 hasn't been released, yet.(soon though) So we really don't know much about them.

 

If you thought the S4 were sibilant, you should be glad that you didn't purchase the B2s. They were pretty harsh.

The GR06 is awesome. They're my non-fatiguing iems of choice.

post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomZash View Post

The R1 hasn't been released, yet.(soon though) So we really don't know much about them.

 

If you thought the S4 were sibilant, you should be glad that you didn't purchase the B2s. They were pretty harsh.

The GR06 is awesome. They're my non-fatiguing iems of choice.

I've been trying to comfort myself for not getting the B2s. I've been hearing about their harsh highs, and just hearing that from you made me more satisfied that I did not purchase them for a low price of $130 with a Fiio amp. When those R1 reviews come out hopefully before the upcoming Weds with very positive reviews (hopefully better than the Gr06), I'll be purchasing 10 of those for myself and my family, and best part of that is free express shipping to Canada. :D

post #6 of 7
Split the order between GR06 and GR04 flagship?

I have the R1 on order, they will have to be pretty special to approach the GR06.

I may order the 04 as well, just for fun.
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by conkerman View Post

Split the order between GR06 and GR04 flagship?
I have the R1 on order, they will have to be pretty special to approach the GR06.
I may order the 04 as well, just for fun.

The GR04 Flagships' sold at cost basically, good deals. They used to be like $80, I think they're like $50 now?

They just didn't catch on like the GR06 so they're probably trying to get rid of them.

They're supposed to be a little more neutral and technically superior to the GR06. It might be a nice addition to have around.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Gr06 a great buy for IEMs in Canada?