After disasterious experiences with the Klipsch Image S4 (I purchased two because one broke, and now the other one broke and am too lazy to fix the headphone jacks), then sticking to my Image S2s that I had for a long time because I spent my money on the ATH-M50s and HD 598, I have come to the conclusion that I might as well get something that is different, something that is worth the bang for the buck for an IEM. The Klipsch isn't very durable, they are sibilant as hell, and I am sick of their quality and signature. The Brainwavz B2 were on sale with a Fiio E6 amp for only $120 (with FREE shipping to Canada), but I was a fool not to get them. Now, sadden by the fact that did not get them, am looking for the next best thing. The Gr06 is the only pair of IEMs that are well priced at $65+$5 shipping at headphonebar.com, and well received in the 200+ IEM reviewed forum page. So assuming I listen to almost every genre of music, have a budget of $200, and do not want sibilance, would the Gr06 be a great purchase?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/12
- productVSONIC GR04tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Asymmetric in-ear buds for around 35-40$ Last post on 11/24/12 at 8:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget under 70$ IEMs? Last post on 7/22/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I begin, I want to thank @H20Fidelity for providing me this review sample. Also want to thank Fidue for creating such a great product. I did not purchase the Fidue A71 but I will not let...
These have been part of my set-up for about 2 months. The set-up has consisted mainly of: Phonitor 2 fed by a Mdac or Dacmagic (Main Rig) Portable use saw it used with a NuForce Udac Gaming...
Experience with Customer Service In case you want to see a video review, search youtube for "Jaybird Real time Review" and my video should be first on the list. I'm going to start by saying...
Just bought it over two months ago. It really added another dimension to the sound of music played in my macbook (since I used to listen to my itunes using the headphone jack) I notice details in...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
Gr06 a great buy for IEMs in Canada?post #1 of 710/12/12 at 8:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/12/12 at 8:33pm
They'd be a fantastic buy. Some of the smoothest mids I've heard for the money. Also tried them out at Headphone Bar. Fit is a bit shallow, so deeper tips give better sound. Also the housings are a bit "square" and can fit awkwardly in smaller ears.post #3 of 710/12/12 at 10:49pmThread Starter
Has anyone tried the Brainwavz R1 and Gr06? Assuming the Gr07 are on par wit the B2s, can I assume that $35 for the R1 (when comparing it to the B2s, Gr06 or Gr07) be an exceptional price?post #4 of 710/13/12 at 8:02pmQuote:
The R1 hasn't been released, yet.(soon though) So we really don't know much about them.
If you thought the S4 were sibilant, you should be glad that you didn't purchase the B2s. They were pretty harsh.
The GR06 is awesome. They're my non-fatiguing iems of choice.post #5 of 710/13/12 at 9:29pmThread StarterQuote:
I've been trying to comfort myself for not getting the B2s. I've been hearing about their harsh highs, and just hearing that from you made me more satisfied that I did not purchase them for a low price of $130 with a Fiio amp. When those R1 reviews come out hopefully before the upcoming Weds with very positive reviews (hopefully better than the Gr06), I'll be purchasing 10 of those for myself and my family, and best part of that is free express shipping to Canada. :Dpost #6 of 710/14/12 at 2:27amSplit the order between GR06 and GR04 flagship?
I have the R1 on order, they will have to be pretty special to approach the GR06.
I may order the 04 as well, just for fun.post #7 of 710/14/12 at 8:51amQuote:
The GR04 Flagships' sold at cost basically, good deals. They used to be like $80, I think they're like $50 now?
They just didn't catch on like the GR06 so they're probably trying to get rid of them.
They're supposed to be a little more neutral and technically superior to the GR06. It might be a nice addition to have around.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Gr06 a great buy for IEMs in Canada?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 25 seconds ago
- › Sansa broken; looking for cheap GOOD alternative 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 5 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 5 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3