After disasterious experiences with the Klipsch Image S4 (I purchased two because one broke, and now the other one broke and am too lazy to fix the headphone jacks), then sticking to my Image S2s that I had for a long time because I spent my money on the ATH-M50s and HD 598, I have come to the conclusion that I might as well get something that is different, something that is worth the bang for the buck for an IEM. The Klipsch isn't very durable, they are sibilant as hell, and I am sick of their quality and signature. The Brainwavz B2 were on sale with a Fiio E6 amp for only $120 (with FREE shipping to Canada), but I was a fool not to get them. Now, sadden by the fact that did not get them, am looking for the next best thing. The Gr06 is the only pair of IEMs that are well priced at $65+$5 shipping at headphonebar.com, and well received in the 200+ IEM reviewed forum page. So assuming I listen to almost every genre of music, have a budget of $200, and do not want sibilance, would the Gr06 be a great purchase?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/12
- productVSONIC GR04tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Asymmetric in-ear buds for around 35-40$ Last post on 11/24/12 at 8:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget under 70$ IEMs? Last post on 7/22/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Gr06 a great buy for IEMs in Canada?post #1 of 710/12/12 at 8:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/12/12 at 8:33pm
They'd be a fantastic buy. Some of the smoothest mids I've heard for the money. Also tried them out at Headphone Bar. Fit is a bit shallow, so deeper tips give better sound. Also the housings are a bit "square" and can fit awkwardly in smaller ears.post #3 of 710/12/12 at 10:49pmThread Starter
Has anyone tried the Brainwavz R1 and Gr06? Assuming the Gr07 are on par wit the B2s, can I assume that $35 for the R1 (when comparing it to the B2s, Gr06 or Gr07) be an exceptional price?post #4 of 710/13/12 at 8:02pmQuote:
The R1 hasn't been released, yet.(soon though) So we really don't know much about them.
If you thought the S4 were sibilant, you should be glad that you didn't purchase the B2s. They were pretty harsh.
The GR06 is awesome. They're my non-fatiguing iems of choice.post #5 of 710/13/12 at 9:29pmThread StarterQuote:
I've been trying to comfort myself for not getting the B2s. I've been hearing about their harsh highs, and just hearing that from you made me more satisfied that I did not purchase them for a low price of $130 with a Fiio amp. When those R1 reviews come out hopefully before the upcoming Weds with very positive reviews (hopefully better than the Gr06), I'll be purchasing 10 of those for myself and my family, and best part of that is free express shipping to Canada. :Dpost #6 of 710/14/12 at 2:27amSplit the order between GR06 and GR04 flagship?
I have the R1 on order, they will have to be pretty special to approach the GR06.
I may order the 04 as well, just for fun.post #7 of 710/14/12 at 8:51amQuote:
The GR04 Flagships' sold at cost basically, good deals. They used to be like $80, I think they're like $50 now?
They just didn't catch on like the GR06 so they're probably trying to get rid of them.
They're supposed to be a little more neutral and technically superior to the GR06. It might be a nice addition to have around.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Gr06 a great buy for IEMs in Canada?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Pictures metaphoring the sound of your headphones 37 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic A200P High-End Portable DAC 55 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 2 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 6 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio 8.A CIEMs 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 8 minutes ago
- › TEAC UD-H01 USB DAC 10 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)