After disasterious experiences with the Klipsch Image S4 (I purchased two because one broke, and now the other one broke and am too lazy to fix the headphone jacks), then sticking to my Image S2s that I had for a long time because I spent my money on the ATH-M50s and HD 598, I have come to the conclusion that I might as well get something that is different, something that is worth the bang for the buck for an IEM. The Klipsch isn't very durable, they are sibilant as hell, and I am sick of their quality and signature. The Brainwavz B2 were on sale with a Fiio E6 amp for only $120 (with FREE shipping to Canada), but I was a fool not to get them. Now, sadden by the fact that did not get them, am looking for the next best thing. The Gr06 is the only pair of IEMs that are well priced at $65+$5 shipping at headphonebar.com, and well received in the 200+ IEM reviewed forum page. So assuming I listen to almost every genre of music, have a budget of $200, and do not want sibilance, would the Gr06 be a great purchase?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/12
- productVSONIC GR04tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Asymmetric in-ear buds for around 35-40$ Last post on 11/24/12 at 8:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help deciding new iems Last post on 9/9/12 at 5:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget under 70$ IEMs? Last post on 7/22/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Wireless headphones…bluetooth even…last time I tried anything wireless was my cordless phone and before that was probably back in the “70’s” with an "all in one headphone with FM/AM radio", anyway...
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
Gr06 a great buy for IEMs in Canada?post #1 of 710/12/12 at 8:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/12/12 at 8:33pm
They'd be a fantastic buy. Some of the smoothest mids I've heard for the money. Also tried them out at Headphone Bar. Fit is a bit shallow, so deeper tips give better sound. Also the housings are a bit "square" and can fit awkwardly in smaller ears.post #3 of 710/12/12 at 10:49pmThread Starter
Has anyone tried the Brainwavz R1 and Gr06? Assuming the Gr07 are on par wit the B2s, can I assume that $35 for the R1 (when comparing it to the B2s, Gr06 or Gr07) be an exceptional price?post #4 of 710/13/12 at 8:02pmQuote:
The R1 hasn't been released, yet.(soon though) So we really don't know much about them.
If you thought the S4 were sibilant, you should be glad that you didn't purchase the B2s. They were pretty harsh.
The GR06 is awesome. They're my non-fatiguing iems of choice.post #5 of 710/13/12 at 9:29pmThread StarterQuote:
I've been trying to comfort myself for not getting the B2s. I've been hearing about their harsh highs, and just hearing that from you made me more satisfied that I did not purchase them for a low price of $130 with a Fiio amp. When those R1 reviews come out hopefully before the upcoming Weds with very positive reviews (hopefully better than the Gr06), I'll be purchasing 10 of those for myself and my family, and best part of that is free express shipping to Canada. :Dpost #6 of 710/14/12 at 2:27amSplit the order between GR06 and GR04 flagship?
I have the R1 on order, they will have to be pretty special to approach the GR06.
I may order the 04 as well, just for fun.post #7 of 710/14/12 at 8:51amQuote:
The GR04 Flagships' sold at cost basically, good deals. They used to be like $80, I think they're like $50 now?
They just didn't catch on like the GR06 so they're probably trying to get rid of them.
They're supposed to be a little more neutral and technically superior to the GR06. It might be a nice addition to have around.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Gr06 a great buy for IEMs in Canada?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 37 seconds ago
- › Anyone from Arkansas/NW Arkansas? 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: Saturday -... 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › NuForce UDH-100 vs. DAC-80 (vs. HAP-100)? 9 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Rob80b
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...