So let me start off with saying that I am just getting back into Head-Fi after a 6 year hiatus, so I have no idea what is good these days. I picked up a pair of ATH-M50's from Sound Professionals with the detachable coiled cable, and I love them. I am using them with a Fiiio E17 (portable through Macbook Air USB or iPhone 5 headphone out, at home USB through E09K/E17), and the sound is amazing. My previous setup was a pair of DT 770/80ohm through a Zhaolu 1.3 DAC & a Little Dot II amp, and honestly my new setup totally kills my old IMO. So what I am looking for is a pair of IEM's that I can use through my portable setup in place of the M50's (great cans, but they are a bit big to be truly portable). I don't really have reqs other than under $200 (preferably under $150 but I'm willing to stretch for a really good set) and NO BEATS. I listened to my friends Tours and I really do not like them at all, so definitely want to steer away from Beats. Look forward to hearing your suggestions.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones with Microphone 122 (Black)tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audiophile buds? Last post on 2/21/14 at 7:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for ~$170 for acoustical recordings. Help needed! (Vsonic GR07? UE Triplefi 10?) Last post on 10/14/12 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- VSONIC GR07 vs. ATH-M50? Last post on 4/18/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Review: Massdrop X HIFIMAN HE350 Introduction It has been such a vibrant time in the Massdrop landscape, as they have been able to create successful collaborations with respected...
INTRODUCTION This is my 2nd product from Shozy. I purchased Shozy Alien Gold Edition and loved the product so much so that I put my sincere appreciation of releasing such a great DAP to...
Introduction – The first Soundlink Mini was quite an important product in the portable Bluetooth speaker landscape, it was one of the first speakers to use two opposing passive radiators and also...
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
Looking for a pair of IEM's with a similiar sonic signature to the ATH-M50'spost #1 of 310/12/12 at 7:25pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 310/12/12 at 7:34pm
Was this thread here while you were active? http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-257-iems-compared-hisoundaudio-wooduo-2-added-10-10-12. If not, definitely warrants a look.
I guess the TF10s are slightly close to the M50s. Not sure about anything else. Do they have to be similar sounding to the M50s? Because the PFE122, GR07, and DBA-02 would have been pretty safe bets.post #3 of 310/12/12 at 7:38pmThread Starter
Not a direct match, as I am sure it's technically impossible to match an IEM to a closed can sonically, but close to it would be nice. I like the sound staging of the M50's and really love the deep bass that I am getting with them. I listen to mostly Rock, Heavy Metal, Pop, Dance/Club/Trance and R&B if that helps. I'll definitely check out that thread, thanks!
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of IEM's with a similiar sonic signature to the ATH-M50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 28 seconds ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 2 minutes ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by s1rrah
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse