So let me start off with saying that I am just getting back into Head-Fi after a 6 year hiatus, so I have no idea what is good these days. I picked up a pair of ATH-M50's from Sound Professionals with the detachable coiled cable, and I love them. I am using them with a Fiiio E17 (portable through Macbook Air USB or iPhone 5 headphone out, at home USB through E09K/E17), and the sound is amazing. My previous setup was a pair of DT 770/80ohm through a Zhaolu 1.3 DAC & a Little Dot II amp, and honestly my new setup totally kills my old IMO. So what I am looking for is a pair of IEM's that I can use through my portable setup in place of the M50's (great cans, but they are a bit big to be truly portable). I don't really have reqs other than under $200 (preferably under $150 but I'm willing to stretch for a really good set) and NO BEATS. I listened to my friends Tours and I really do not like them at all, so definitely want to steer away from Beats. Look forward to hearing your suggestions.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones with Microphone 122 (Black)tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audiophile buds? Last post on 2/21/14 at 7:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for ~$170 for acoustical recordings. Help needed! (Vsonic GR07? UE Triplefi 10?) Last post on 10/14/12 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- VSONIC GR07 vs. ATH-M50? Last post on 4/18/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Looking for a pair of IEM's with a similiar sonic signature to the ATH-M50'spost #1 of 310/12/12 at 7:25pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 310/12/12 at 7:34pm
Was this thread here while you were active? http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-257-iems-compared-hisoundaudio-wooduo-2-added-10-10-12. If not, definitely warrants a look.
I guess the TF10s are slightly close to the M50s. Not sure about anything else. Do they have to be similar sounding to the M50s? Because the PFE122, GR07, and DBA-02 would have been pretty safe bets.post #3 of 310/12/12 at 7:38pmThread Starter
Not a direct match, as I am sure it's technically impossible to match an IEM to a closed can sonically, but close to it would be nice. I like the sound staging of the M50's and really love the deep bass that I am getting with them. I listen to mostly Rock, Heavy Metal, Pop, Dance/Club/Trance and R&B if that helps. I'll definitely check out that thread, thanks!
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of IEM's with a similiar sonic signature to the ATH-M50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 28 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 51 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 59 seconds ago
- › Massdrop x Fostex TH-X00 Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Koss Portapro Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony Nwz A25 2 minutes ago
- › Desktop DAC/Amp/Pre around $300:New Matrix, Parasound or Other? 2 minutes ago
- › Which headphones have more bass? HD 598 vs QC25 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...