So let me start off with saying that I am just getting back into Head-Fi after a 6 year hiatus, so I have no idea what is good these days. I picked up a pair of ATH-M50's from Sound Professionals with the detachable coiled cable, and I love them. I am using them with a Fiiio E17 (portable through Macbook Air USB or iPhone 5 headphone out, at home USB through E09K/E17), and the sound is amazing. My previous setup was a pair of DT 770/80ohm through a Zhaolu 1.3 DAC & a Little Dot II amp, and honestly my new setup totally kills my old IMO. So what I am looking for is a pair of IEM's that I can use through my portable setup in place of the M50's (great cans, but they are a bit big to be truly portable). I don't really have reqs other than under $200 (preferably under $150 but I'm willing to stretch for a really good set) and NO BEATS. I listened to my friends Tours and I really do not like them at all, so definitely want to steer away from Beats. Look forward to hearing your suggestions.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones with Microphone 122 (Black)tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audiophile buds? Last post on 2/21/14 at 7:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for ~$170 for acoustical recordings. Help needed! (Vsonic GR07? UE Triplefi 10?) Last post on 10/14/12 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- VSONIC GR07 vs. ATH-M50? Last post on 4/18/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Looking for a pair of IEM's with a similiar sonic signature to the ATH-M50'spost #1 of 310/12/12 at 7:25pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 310/12/12 at 7:34pm
Was this thread here while you were active? http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-257-iems-compared-hisoundaudio-wooduo-2-added-10-10-12. If not, definitely warrants a look.
I guess the TF10s are slightly close to the M50s. Not sure about anything else. Do they have to be similar sounding to the M50s? Because the PFE122, GR07, and DBA-02 would have been pretty safe bets.post #3 of 310/12/12 at 7:38pmThread Starter
Not a direct match, as I am sure it's technically impossible to match an IEM to a closed can sonically, but close to it would be nice. I like the sound staging of the M50's and really love the deep bass that I am getting with them. I listen to mostly Rock, Heavy Metal, Pop, Dance/Club/Trance and R&B if that helps. I'll definitely check out that thread, thanks!
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of IEM's with a similiar sonic signature to the ATH-M50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Audeze LCD-4 44 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 7 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 16 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 16 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 16 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Thread 18 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...