So let me start off with saying that I am just getting back into Head-Fi after a 6 year hiatus, so I have no idea what is good these days. I picked up a pair of ATH-M50's from Sound Professionals with the detachable coiled cable, and I love them. I am using them with a Fiiio E17 (portable through Macbook Air USB or iPhone 5 headphone out, at home USB through E09K/E17), and the sound is amazing. My previous setup was a pair of DT 770/80ohm through a Zhaolu 1.3 DAC & a Little Dot II amp, and honestly my new setup totally kills my old IMO. So what I am looking for is a pair of IEM's that I can use through my portable setup in place of the M50's (great cans, but they are a bit big to be truly portable). I don't really have reqs other than under $200 (preferably under $150 but I'm willing to stretch for a really good set) and NO BEATS. I listened to my friends Tours and I really do not like them at all, so definitely want to steer away from Beats. Look forward to hearing your suggestions.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 3/1/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones with Microphone 122 (Black)tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/12
- productUltimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productVSONIC GR07tagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audiophile buds? Last post on 2/21/14 at 7:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for ~$170 for acoustical recordings. Help needed! (Vsonic GR07? UE Triplefi 10?) Last post on 10/14/12 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What are the biggest flaws of your favorite iems? Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- VSONIC GR07 vs. ATH-M50? Last post on 4/18/12 at 8:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Tralucent Audio Reference 1 – With Comparisons I would first like to give a huge thanks to Head-Fi member, warrior1975 for loaning me his Ref. 1 and TWau cable for review. I was...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
Looking for a pair of IEM's with a similiar sonic signature to the ATH-M50'spost #1 of 310/12/12 at 7:25pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 310/12/12 at 7:34pm
Was this thread here while you were active? http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-257-iems-compared-hisoundaudio-wooduo-2-added-10-10-12. If not, definitely warrants a look.
I guess the TF10s are slightly close to the M50s. Not sure about anything else. Do they have to be similar sounding to the M50s? Because the PFE122, GR07, and DBA-02 would have been pretty safe bets.post #3 of 310/12/12 at 7:38pmThread Starter
Not a direct match, as I am sure it's technically impossible to match an IEM to a closed can sonically, but close to it would be nice. I like the sound staging of the M50's and really love the deep bass that I am getting with them. I listen to mostly Rock, Heavy Metal, Pop, Dance/Club/Trance and R&B if that helps. I'll definitely check out that thread, thanks!
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of IEM's with a similiar sonic signature to the ATH-M50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Suggest me a headphone under 150 $ 1 minute ago
- › Less than $300 Over the Ear for my Teenage Son (who wants Beats!) 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › Buzzingand pops in headphones 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by moedawg140
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)