- 51 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: Emerson, NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudéo Perfect Fit Earphones with Microphone 122 (Black)tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productEtymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/19/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/12
- productJVC HA-FXD80tagged by System, 10/19/12
- productthinksound ms01tagged by System, 10/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Recommended IEMs for Beginners? Last post on 12/23/12 at 6:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sub200$ IEM with best value [ RE262; HF5; GR07; GR01; X10i; TF10; Custom CE & more] Last post on 8/22/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Recommendations for good headphones around $100post #1 of 510/12/12 at 6:07pmThread StarterIm a audio noob looking for some good IEMs or headphones for around $100, max is $120. I want headphones that sound great and balanced without bass overpowering mids or something like that. I think Thinksound ms01 is a good pair for $100 but I want to see what audiophiles think.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 510/12/12 at 7:21pm
Any specific wants in terms of comfort, isolation, build, etc? Any specific genres you enjoy?
For 100, I really enjoy the HF5, PFE122, HA-FXD80, RE0s.
Edited by TwinQY - 10/13/12 at 11:46ampost #3 of 510/13/12 at 4:52amThread StarterQuote:
I want a headphone that sounds balanced and accurate. Im fine with passive or active noise cancellation as long as it isolates a good amount but not so much I can't hear important stuff. Also are ms01's good earbuds?post #4 of 510/13/12 at 12:00pmQuote:
If you don't want total isolation, probably cross the HF5s out of the list. They were pretty along the lines of your sound preferences as well. Never heard the Thinksounds before. PFE122 and the JVCs would still be a good bet.post #5 of 510/13/12 at 9:05pm
Here's a bunch of under $100.00 threads. Happy reading.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for good headphones around $100
- Headphone Impedance
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 1 minute ago
- › [TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available... 1 minute ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 1 minute ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 5 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Have you ever had to deal with someone like this on the forum 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2