Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audiophiles, Gear in Switzerland?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audiophiles, Gear in Switzerland? - Page 2

post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by avrosse View Post

Unfortunately, I don't know of any other good headphone stores in Switzerland beyond the ones that I listed. If you don’t live near Zurich, I suggest that you take a look at the Sennheiser HD 800 Authorized Dealer List to find a store closer to you (the list features shops throughout Switzerland: in Geneva, Basel, Lugano, etc.): http://www.sennheiser.ch/consumer-hi-fi/kopfhoerer/hd-800/ Not all of the stores on this list are great, but almost all of them sell a number of other brands in addition to Sennheiser, as well as of course other headphones made by Sennheiser. Importantly, most of these stores also allow you to audition any gear that you're interested in.

 

Best,

Joel


Yeah, the store in lugano is in front of the university campus, I already went there; turns out he only sells Sennheiser and Bose, mostly Bose, and when I asked him about headphone amps he made a funny face. He only sells speaker amps. To think he sells HD800 too is surprising! How does he expect his costumers to drive them?

BTW, I dont blame him: he has a really small place, plus I have the impression there's not much demand for audio-quality here in Ticino... I hope that maybe Monster's marketing can convince them spending 100$+ on headphones isnt madness... I think in the long run even others manufacturer will benefit from this.

post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiphile View Post

 

I live in Crans Montana, Valais but I lived in Geneva for 6 months. I am sure there is a store close to Quai Turretini (next to the bridge) and I recently found one online, apparently close to L'Usine called Digistore: http://www.digistore.ch/1.5/

They have various hi-fi brands like Rotel, B&W, Sony, Focal, etc. They also have some high end stuff from Focal and some other very good amplifiers. From headphones, they have the full range of Sennheiser.

 

I was also told there is an audio store in Lausanne, however, I have no details on that.

:O Crans Montanta, that's so close to my place ^^

 

I live in Visp, Valais

 

 

We should definitly do a Switzerland Meeting sometimes.

post #18 of 24

Agreed, a Swiss Meet would be awesome!

post #19 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleinzel View Post

:O Crans Montanta, that's so close to my place ^^

 

I live in Visp, Valais

 

We should definitly do a Switzerland Meeting sometimes.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrosse View Post

Agreed, a Swiss Meet would be awesome!

 

Nice.. Ive been through Visp on a number of occasions on the train like going to Zermatt, but never really found myself visiting the town. tongue_smile.gif


Regarding the Swiss meet, it would really be awesome, as I have never attended a meet before ksc75smile.gif. I also have a professor who is an audiophile but he is more into speakers.

post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiphile View Post

 

 

Nice.. Ive been through Visp on a number of occasions on the train like going to Zermatt, but never really found myself visiting the town. tongue_smile.gif


Regarding the Swiss meet, it would really be awesome, as I have never attended a meet before ksc75smile.gif. I also have a professor who is an audiophile but he is more into speakers.


Visp is not really worth a visit to be honest.

 

If there would be a meeting don't forget to invite the guys from the german speaking headphone communities (like hifi-forum).


Edited by Sleinzel - 4/29/13 at 11:42pm
post #21 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleinzel View Post


Visp is not really worth a visit to be honest.

 

If there would be a meeting don't forget to invite the guys from the german speaking headphone communities (like hifi-forum).


Oh come on, any place in Switzerland is worth a visit in my opinion biggrin.gif most beautiful place on earth.

Well, if there would be a meet, we are gonna make some publicity about it for sure. 

Now that we got into a discussion about the audio market in Switzerland, I am actually surprised there is not a single quality store in Geneva. I mean, Digistore must be great, but common sense suggests Switzerland should be like heaven on earth for this kind of business. What do you think?

 

post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiphile View Post


Oh come on, any place in Switzerland is worth a visit in my opinion biggrin.gif most beautiful place on earth.

Well, if there would be a meet, we are gonna make some publicity about it for sure. 

Now that we got into a discussion about the audio market in Switzerland, I am actually surprised there is not a single quality store in Geneva. I mean, Digistore must be great, but common sense suggests Switzerland should be like heaven on earth for this kind of business. What do you think?

 

 

Yes its the most beautiful country on earth, but Visp is kinda like a big village but not a town. It has nothing special compared to other villages around (like zermatt). Just a place to work or pass through

 

I really wanna make a meet, but I don't think we are enough to fill a room ^^ 

 

I've only been to geneva once. Mainly because I speak german and not french ^^ (BTW: I work in Sion in a french company, but I still cant speak properly ^^ (je deteste le francais). I think its really funny that normal stores like digitec have the "good stuff like" the LCD2 and LCD3. But K55 is really big. They have nearly every brand, even some smaller ones like Focal.


Edited by Sleinzel - 5/1/13 at 1:10pm
post #23 of 24

Hello guys (Bon jour/Gutten tag ;-)

 

Just to say that l 'arrived' to this thread looking for info on a 'decent' hifi store in Geneva (having in mind trying headphones)... l am so happy to find some 'head-fiers' around!

 

Let me know if you finally decide to do that meeting!

 

Best wishes!

 

Antonio

post #24 of 24

Lausanne area: Audioleman.

 

www.audioleman.ch

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audiophiles, Gear in Switzerland?