- 11 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony PHA-1 Headphone Amptagged by System, 11/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- PHA-1 or C5D? Last post on 12/11/13 at 8:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What specs should I look out for when buying portable DAC/amp both Mad Dogs and IEMs? Last post on 1/6/14 at 4:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Apple vs Android Last post on 12/10/13 at 10:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need a bag/pouch to carry Iphone5 + Sony PHA-1 amp/dac Last post on 11/27/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC 24/96 or 24/192 for 16/44 source. Any difference ? Last post on 11/21/13 at 5:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
Sony PHA-1 Review and Impressions - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've been convinced to give one a shot.
So who sells these for the best price and ships to North America?
EDIT: Let me rephrase that: Are these even for sale through any dealer that ships to North America?
Edited by IceClass - 11/27/12 at 5:48pm
Hi all, received mine yesterday from Japan, initial impressions are good but I can't use the USB connection with my mac without getting buzzing and distortion. When I tried on my wife's PC it automatically installed drivers and then worked perfectly. I can't seem to find any driver for the mac though - can anyone help?
Problem solved - needed to change the settings in Audio MIDI to 96hz, 2ch-24.
Unfortunately the instructions were in Japanese so not so easy to read for an English speaker - but I could just about make this out.
How do you know if it truly is decoding the digital signal?
Well, at this juncture. I do not know for sure. It could very well just be amplifying the analog signal but from the discussions on the iPhone 5, I strongly doubt that's possible as yet. The HRT iStreamer also works with my iPhone 5.
Does anyone know about this for sure now? Important for me if I am to have it feed a JH3A. Must say, I'm really happy with my CLAS, the original version. Could the Sony power HE500 sufficiently?
Yep, it hurt! And no not really, it sat in customs for about 2 weeks before someone slapped that price on it!
Might go along to the London head fi meet to drool over some stuff and so that other's can try out the pha1
Ah, it's this kind of wit that keeps me coming back to Head-Fi.
- Sony PHA-1 Review and Impressions
- › Band Name Game II 14 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 39 seconds ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 vs. AKG Q701; is the HD650 worth getting? 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Portable speaker as big as possible 3 minutes ago
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2