- 11 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony PHA-1 Headphone Amptagged by System, 11/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- PHA-1 or C5D? Last post on 12/11/13 at 8:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What specs should I look out for when buying portable DAC/amp both Mad Dogs and IEMs? Last post on 1/6/14 at 4:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Apple vs Android Last post on 12/10/13 at 10:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need a bag/pouch to carry Iphone5 + Sony PHA-1 amp/dac Last post on 11/27/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC 24/96 or 24/192 for 16/44 source. Any difference ? Last post on 11/21/13 at 5:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Sony PHA-1 Review and Impressions - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've been convinced to give one a shot.
So who sells these for the best price and ships to North America?
EDIT: Let me rephrase that: Are these even for sale through any dealer that ships to North America?
Edited by IceClass - 11/27/12 at 5:48pm
Hi all, received mine yesterday from Japan, initial impressions are good but I can't use the USB connection with my mac without getting buzzing and distortion. When I tried on my wife's PC it automatically installed drivers and then worked perfectly. I can't seem to find any driver for the mac though - can anyone help?
Problem solved - needed to change the settings in Audio MIDI to 96hz, 2ch-24.
Unfortunately the instructions were in Japanese so not so easy to read for an English speaker - but I could just about make this out.
How do you know if it truly is decoding the digital signal?
Well, at this juncture. I do not know for sure. It could very well just be amplifying the analog signal but from the discussions on the iPhone 5, I strongly doubt that's possible as yet. The HRT iStreamer also works with my iPhone 5.
Does anyone know about this for sure now? Important for me if I am to have it feed a JH3A. Must say, I'm really happy with my CLAS, the original version. Could the Sony power HE500 sufficiently?
Yep, it hurt! And no not really, it sat in customs for about 2 weeks before someone slapped that price on it!
Might go along to the London head fi meet to drool over some stuff and so that other's can try out the pha1
Ah, it's this kind of wit that keeps me coming back to Head-Fi.
- Sony PHA-1 Review and Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 58 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 6 minutes ago
- › Help me optimize my 1k budget 8 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 9 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › Toronto Winter Meet 10 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 12 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 14 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 20 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 21 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)