- 11 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony PHA-1 Headphone Amptagged by System, 11/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- PHA-1 or C5D? Last post on 12/11/13 at 8:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What specs should I look out for when buying portable DAC/amp both Mad Dogs and IEMs? Last post on 1/6/14 at 4:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Apple vs Android Last post on 12/10/13 at 10:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need a bag/pouch to carry Iphone5 + Sony PHA-1 amp/dac Last post on 11/27/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC 24/96 or 24/192 for 16/44 source. Any difference ? Last post on 11/21/13 at 5:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
The Elecom LBT-PAR500AV was purchased by me on Ebay. I’m not in any way affiliated with Elecom. The price was about $50 when I bought it. About me: I’m a 42 year old music...
These are simply the best sounding headphones I have ever owned (and I've owned and sold a lot of them). They are sublimely smooth, yet detailed without the least bit of harshness at all in the...
Sony PHA-1 Review and Impressions - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've been convinced to give one a shot.
So who sells these for the best price and ships to North America?
EDIT: Let me rephrase that: Are these even for sale through any dealer that ships to North America?
Edited by IceClass - 11/27/12 at 5:48pm
Hi all, received mine yesterday from Japan, initial impressions are good but I can't use the USB connection with my mac without getting buzzing and distortion. When I tried on my wife's PC it automatically installed drivers and then worked perfectly. I can't seem to find any driver for the mac though - can anyone help?
Problem solved - needed to change the settings in Audio MIDI to 96hz, 2ch-24.
Unfortunately the instructions were in Japanese so not so easy to read for an English speaker - but I could just about make this out.
How do you know if it truly is decoding the digital signal?
Well, at this juncture. I do not know for sure. It could very well just be amplifying the analog signal but from the discussions on the iPhone 5, I strongly doubt that's possible as yet. The HRT iStreamer also works with my iPhone 5.
Does anyone know about this for sure now? Important for me if I am to have it feed a JH3A. Must say, I'm really happy with my CLAS, the original version. Could the Sony power HE500 sufficiently?
Yep, it hurt! And no not really, it sat in customs for about 2 weeks before someone slapped that price on it!
Might go along to the London head fi meet to drool over some stuff and so that other's can try out the pha1
Ah, it's this kind of wit that keeps me coming back to Head-Fi.
- Sony PHA-1 Review and Impressions
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 2 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (Reviewed: #8:CT6E, #7:H8P,... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 4 minutes ago
- › $399 Apple iPod Touch 6G with 128GB storage and A8 chip 5 minutes ago
- › FT: Roxanne's by JH audio 6 minutes ago
- › The ultimate DAP! 512GB storage, 10,000mAh battery, features of... 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for new earbuds! $80 - $125 7 minutes ago
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3