- 11 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSony PHA-1 Headphone Amptagged by System, 11/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- PHA-1 or C5D? Last post on 12/11/13 at 8:39am in Portable Headphone Amps
- What specs should I look out for when buying portable DAC/amp both Mad Dogs and IEMs? Last post on 1/6/14 at 4:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Apple vs Android Last post on 12/10/13 at 10:30am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need a bag/pouch to carry Iphone5 + Sony PHA-1 amp/dac Last post on 11/27/13 at 11:21pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC 24/96 or 24/192 for 16/44 source. Any difference ? Last post on 11/21/13 at 5:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/10/15
Big thanks to InEar and Musicteck for providing a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
I still have yet to give anything 5 stars. The SR-202, for me, is a solid option for alternatives to the HD700, if you can find them without breaking the bank. I will start with the things I...
Fidue A65 Thanks to tony from hifiheadphones for letting me be part of the UK tour. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Drivers: Custom 8mm dynamic driver with Titanium...
Background When was the last time you used a pair of earbuds? Perhaps you use your Apple Earpods at work to remain inconspicuous, or maybe you are one of the many who have purchased the VE...
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Sony PHA-1 Review and Impressions - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've been convinced to give one a shot.
So who sells these for the best price and ships to North America?
EDIT: Let me rephrase that: Are these even for sale through any dealer that ships to North America?
Edited by IceClass - 11/27/12 at 5:48pm
Hi all, received mine yesterday from Japan, initial impressions are good but I can't use the USB connection with my mac without getting buzzing and distortion. When I tried on my wife's PC it automatically installed drivers and then worked perfectly. I can't seem to find any driver for the mac though - can anyone help?
Problem solved - needed to change the settings in Audio MIDI to 96hz, 2ch-24.
Unfortunately the instructions were in Japanese so not so easy to read for an English speaker - but I could just about make this out.
How do you know if it truly is decoding the digital signal?
Well, at this juncture. I do not know for sure. It could very well just be amplifying the analog signal but from the discussions on the iPhone 5, I strongly doubt that's possible as yet. The HRT iStreamer also works with my iPhone 5.
Does anyone know about this for sure now? Important for me if I am to have it feed a JH3A. Must say, I'm really happy with my CLAS, the original version. Could the Sony power HE500 sufficiently?
Yep, it hurt! And no not really, it sat in customs for about 2 weeks before someone slapped that price on it!
Might go along to the London head fi meet to drool over some stuff and so that other's can try out the pha1
Ah, it's this kind of wit that keeps me coming back to Head-Fi.
- Sony PHA-1 Review and Impressions
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 41 seconds ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 50 seconds ago
- › In search of a pillow 50 seconds ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 3 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 3 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Alchemy DDP-1 (And Other Products) 5 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Stax SR-202 by snapacap
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Deftone
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Aornic
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...