- 3,480 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: New Zealand
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- My review of SE535 LTD - Not suitable for everyone/everyday use Last post on Today at 9:44 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Baldur MKII / III cables on Shure SE535 LTD questions Last post on 11/25/13 at 5:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The problem with IEMs / Smartphones in public places Last post on 11/16/13 at 1:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi Everyone! Last post on 11/19/13 at 4:11am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking to audition some IEMs in LA, any Head-Fiers got stuff they wanna share? Last post on 11/22/13 at 4:05pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
REVIEW: Shure SE535 - Page 2post #16 of 7510/11/12 at 4:08pmThis ^^^ Biggest difference for me was in the top-end. And it's very noticeable.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 7510/11/12 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #18 of 7510/11/12 at 11:14pmQuote:
I'm sorry to be a downer here, but as far as I know, Shure Asia exclusively released the limited edition Shure SE535...
Shure (I think) don't have any plans on releasing them internationally in other territories, especially when they announced the earphones a year ago. I HOPE I'm wrong though. Though you could always order them from overseas.
This is my first post, so I hope I could be of some use.post #19 of 7510/12/12 at 12:39amThread Starterpost #20 of 7510/12/12 at 11:29amThread StarterGot the 6N OFHC cable, very nice build, perfect length, comfy. And better top end, will give it some time to get used to sound before more impressionspost #21 of 7510/12/12 at 12:42pmQuote:
where can i buy such a cable? and how much does it cost?post #22 of 7510/12/12 at 1:24pmThread Starterpost #23 of 7510/12/12 at 1:46pmpost #24 of 7510/12/12 at 11:06pm
hi great to know you got the 6n ofhc cable, a proud owner here!
i ve dba 02 clones by a japanese company. on the clones, cymbal crashes are very prominent coz of the accentuated treble, however extension wise i find the se 535(with olives) with the 6n ofhc to be just a hair short .. to my ears at the least .. i know the fr curves make you think otherwise
if you use the olive tips and with the custom cables ... to my ears the extension is just great. not near the level of re 272s but as much as the dba 02 clone, however its not half-prominent.
courtesy : brett garsed - drowningpost #25 of 7510/12/12 at 11:17pmThread StarterI haven't had the chance to listen to the cable that much yet, but it did improve the highs. I will give full impressions soon. But the highs on the DBA-02 MKII are wonderfulpost #26 of 7510/13/12 at 12:13am
i remember someone declaring that the magic of the dba 02 were taken away with dba 02 mk2....he described the mk2s as q jays with extra clarity? i think tomscy2000 .. not really sure who..
if the dba 02 mk2/mk1 and my japanese clones have the same sound, yes the treble is just amazing....the shures can't really handle all that 'jazz' .
if you try zhivago by kurt rosenwinkel(with the orchestra) the shures suffer in front of the dba 02s to my ears...
the imaging of instruments is just way better with the dba 02s..post #27 of 7510/13/12 at 12:14am
if you are looking for reshelling options you can reshell the shure drivers and add the dba 02 tweeter along and make it a 3 way or somthing ..
check out tralucent audio t1 amp .. its cheap and it ll kick ass with the shures !!post #28 of 7510/13/12 at 2:11amThread StarterMy C421 amp pairs excellently with the Shure's
The DBA MKII still has great highs, but I think the bass is better and they are smoother than the MKI
Adding the tweeter would be great, but the cable definitely has made a differencepost #29 of 7510/13/12 at 5:50am
With any new IEM it really is worth experimenting with as many tips as you can get your hands on. The underlying sound signature of the IEM will not change but different tips do make a subtle yet noticeable difference. For me the triple flange (cut down to double flange if preferred) and Comply are best for the SE535. The Shure black olives, yellow foamies and grey flex all have various cons. YMMVpost #30 of 7510/13/12 at 6:48amThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Shure SE535
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 9 seconds ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 29 seconds ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 44 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › hd 800 vs lcd 2 vs value 1 minute ago
- › ALO Audio Rx Mk3-B+ 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 2 minutes ago
- › In ear headphones - $100 2 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi