- 3,784 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: New Zealand
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- RWAK100 to feed an integrated amplifier/home audio system? Last post on 3/6/14 at 3:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Shure SE535 vs Bowers & Wilkins P7 Last post on Yesterday at 4:23 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Amp for se535ltd Last post on 2/16/14 at 4:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- How can I get my hands on a shure SE535LTD Last post on 2/5/14 at 1:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are JH-16's worth it? Last post on 2/4/14 at 6:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
REVIEW: Shure SE535 - Page 2post #16 of 7510/11/12 at 4:08pmThis ^^^ Biggest difference for me was in the top-end. And it's very noticeable.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 7510/11/12 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #18 of 7510/11/12 at 11:14pmQuote:
I'm sorry to be a downer here, but as far as I know, Shure Asia exclusively released the limited edition Shure SE535...
Shure (I think) don't have any plans on releasing them internationally in other territories, especially when they announced the earphones a year ago. I HOPE I'm wrong though. Though you could always order them from overseas.
This is my first post, so I hope I could be of some use.post #19 of 7510/12/12 at 12:39amThread Starterpost #20 of 7510/12/12 at 11:29amThread StarterGot the 6N OFHC cable, very nice build, perfect length, comfy. And better top end, will give it some time to get used to sound before more impressionspost #21 of 7510/12/12 at 12:42pmQuote:
where can i buy such a cable? and how much does it cost?post #22 of 7510/12/12 at 1:24pmThread Starterpost #23 of 7510/12/12 at 1:46pmpost #24 of 7510/12/12 at 11:06pm
hi great to know you got the 6n ofhc cable, a proud owner here!
i ve dba 02 clones by a japanese company. on the clones, cymbal crashes are very prominent coz of the accentuated treble, however extension wise i find the se 535(with olives) with the 6n ofhc to be just a hair short .. to my ears at the least .. i know the fr curves make you think otherwise
if you use the olive tips and with the custom cables ... to my ears the extension is just great. not near the level of re 272s but as much as the dba 02 clone, however its not half-prominent.
courtesy : brett garsed - drowningpost #25 of 7510/12/12 at 11:17pmThread StarterI haven't had the chance to listen to the cable that much yet, but it did improve the highs. I will give full impressions soon. But the highs on the DBA-02 MKII are wonderfulpost #26 of 7510/13/12 at 12:13am
i remember someone declaring that the magic of the dba 02 were taken away with dba 02 mk2....he described the mk2s as q jays with extra clarity? i think tomscy2000 .. not really sure who..
if the dba 02 mk2/mk1 and my japanese clones have the same sound, yes the treble is just amazing....the shures can't really handle all that 'jazz' .
if you try zhivago by kurt rosenwinkel(with the orchestra) the shures suffer in front of the dba 02s to my ears...
the imaging of instruments is just way better with the dba 02s..post #27 of 7510/13/12 at 12:14am
if you are looking for reshelling options you can reshell the shure drivers and add the dba 02 tweeter along and make it a 3 way or somthing ..
check out tralucent audio t1 amp .. its cheap and it ll kick ass with the shures !!post #28 of 7510/13/12 at 2:11amThread StarterMy C421 amp pairs excellently with the Shure's
The DBA MKII still has great highs, but I think the bass is better and they are smoother than the MKI
Adding the tweeter would be great, but the cable definitely has made a differencepost #29 of 7510/13/12 at 5:50am
With any new IEM it really is worth experimenting with as many tips as you can get your hands on. The underlying sound signature of the IEM will not change but different tips do make a subtle yet noticeable difference. For me the triple flange (cut down to double flange if preferred) and Comply are best for the SE535. The Shure black olives, yellow foamies and grey flex all have various cons. YMMVpost #30 of 7510/13/12 at 6:48amThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Shure SE535
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Shure SE535LTD REDNo reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 12 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 50 seconds ago
- › Good upgrade from the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro? 54 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 57 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › How to find a low priced Chinese version of any super expensive DAC? 2 minutes ago
- › Best Living Room System for €300- €400 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude