- 2,962 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: Aotearoa
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed. Tried ue900 and se535 and no luck for what I need. HELP! Last post on Today at 2:30 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a pair of SE535 Red Edition Last post on 5/14/13 at 8:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Wetone 4r or Shure se535 ltd or heir audio 4.ai or um3x rc or UE900 Last post on 5/14/13 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FS: ES88 (Australia) Price reduced Last post on 5/22/13 at 1:35am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Shure SE535 LTD Red Special Editions (Vancouver, BC) Last post on 5/9/13 at 1:36pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
These are my first pair of cans and straight out of the package they look pretty amazing. When I first put them on I thoroughly enjoyed what i heard. Works well for bluesy songs and there is an...
REVIEW: Shure SE535 - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'm sorry to be a downer here, but as far as I know, Shure Asia exclusively released the limited edition Shure SE535...
Shure (I think) don't have any plans on releasing them internationally in other territories, especially when they announced the earphones a year ago. I HOPE I'm wrong though. Though you could always order them from overseas.
This is my first post, so I hope I could be of some use.
where can i buy such a cable? and how much does it cost?
hi great to know you got the 6n ofhc cable, a proud owner here!
i ve dba 02 clones by a japanese company. on the clones, cymbal crashes are very prominent coz of the accentuated treble, however extension wise i find the se 535(with olives) with the 6n ofhc to be just a hair short .. to my ears at the least .. i know the fr curves make you think otherwise
if you use the olive tips and with the custom cables ... to my ears the extension is just great. not near the level of re 272s but as much as the dba 02 clone, however its not half-prominent.
courtesy : brett garsed - drowning
i remember someone declaring that the magic of the dba 02 were taken away with dba 02 mk2....he described the mk2s as q jays with extra clarity? i think tomscy2000 .. not really sure who..
if the dba 02 mk2/mk1 and my japanese clones have the same sound, yes the treble is just amazing....the shures can't really handle all that 'jazz' .
if you try zhivago by kurt rosenwinkel(with the orchestra) the shures suffer in front of the dba 02s to my ears...
the imaging of instruments is just way better with the dba 02s..
if you are looking for reshelling options you can reshell the shure drivers and add the dba 02 tweeter along and make it a 3 way or somthing ..
check out tralucent audio t1 amp .. its cheap and it ll kick ass with the shures !!
The DBA MKII still has great highs, but I think the bass is better and they are smoother than the MKI
Adding the tweeter would be great, but the cable definitely has made a difference
With any new IEM it really is worth experimenting with as many tips as you can get your hands on. The underlying sound signature of the IEM will not change but different tips do make a subtle yet noticeable difference. For me the triple flange (cut down to double flange if preferred) and Comply are best for the SE535. The Shure black olives, yellow foamies and grey flex all have various cons. YMMV
- REVIEW: Shure SE535
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Seeking advice on putting together a system based around the Audeze... 36 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 43 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Gundam Model-Fi (Gunpla) (Post Some Pictures!) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit lyr problem URGENT HELP NEEDED 2 minutes ago
- › Affordable tube amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Hi quality Fuses: do they improve sound? 3 minutes ago
- › Are there many fake klipsch image s4? 5 minutes ago
- › Who here watches Game of Thrones ? 5 minutes ago
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe