New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brainwavz R1 Review - Page 6

post #76 of 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

what do they sound like? neutral, balanced, bassy? are they extended well on both ends? 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post

Balanced, totally balanced. The soundstage is very good, with great range. Highs or lows, either is represented very well because of this.The mids are good, but not as crystal clear as much higher priced IEM's...but for the money, these are simply incredible. So worth the puny price, it's not funny. Try 'em out happy_face1.gif

 

could you or someone els explain whats the difference between neutral an balanced? 

 

and how are the mids of the R1? are they recessed compared to the lows and highs? 


Edited by PakoBoy - 10/12/12 at 2:56pm
post #77 of 792
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PakoBoy View Post

 

 

could you or someone els explain whats the difference between neutral an balanced? 

 

and how are the mids of the R1? are they recessed compared to the lows and highs? 

See this for explanations of terms: http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary

 

They mids aren't as full, but they aren't at all recessed. Where as the high's and low's are very sharp and detailed, the mids are a bit less so...that's the best I can explain it.

post #78 of 792

Thanks for the review.I understand that the mids aren't recessed but not too forward also.How about the texture?And upper mid/lower treble?Female vocals sound good?

post #79 of 792

And the bass extension? The lower notes are punchy and heavy? The SoundMagic E10 is close to him or far enough to considered a huge upgrade?

post #80 of 792
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsy View Post

Thanks for the review.I understand that the mids aren't recessed but not too forward also.How about the texture?And upper mid/lower treble?Female vocals sound good?

So far, the only female voices I've heard are Deloris O'Reidon(probably spelled her name wrong,lol)from the Cranberries, and she sounds just fine to me, not at all colored, perfectly natural. As I've stated several times already, everything in the high and low end sounds great, with great detailing. The mids arent bad, not at all, just not quite up to the rest of the sound signatures balance across the board. Maybe more burn in time will shore up the ids a bit more...only time will tell smile.gif

post #81 of 792
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guto Pereira View Post

And the bass extension? The lower notes are punchy and heavy? The SoundMagic E10 is close to him or far enough to considered a huge upgrade?

Depending on how you listen to your music(with or without EQing and the like), the bass can be as strong or distant as you wan't it to be...its got a great low end range.

post #82 of 792

Thanks! If the R1 was just a bit more bassy than the E10 will be great!

post #83 of 792

Thanks

post #84 of 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by PakoBoy View Post

 

 

could you or someone els explain whats the difference between neutral an balanced? 

 

and how are the mids of the R1? are they recessed compared to the lows and highs? 

Yeah, I thought they were the same too. Balance is referring to tonal balance, I get that. I thought neutral means uncolored, as in a neutral frequency response or neutral presentation, which is to say balanced.

So, are they different?

post #85 of 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomZash View Post

Yeah, I thought they were the same too. Balance is referring to tonal balance, I get that. I thought neutral means uncolored, as in a neutral frequency response or neutral presentation, which is to say balanced.

So, are they different?

I guess different people have different interpretations on the head-fi glossary. Generally, balanced means that the lows, the mids and the highs are in balance, for instance, that the mids aren't laid back or too forward in comparison to the bass and the treble. Neutral, on another hand, can describe the note presentation - for instance, an iem can be balanced and at the same time may be lush sounding or may have a thinner note presentation. 

post #86 of 792

How is the sibilance, and are there any moments where you would find the highs or lows fatiguing or distorting?

 

Also, give this a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZJknAHLmFg, does the soundstage excel in making it enjoyable or are the highs or lows too strong that it causes it so spoil itself?

post #87 of 792

dragon2knight - thanks for the detailed review of the R1s. 

 

I'm currently tossing up between the R1 and the M4 - one thing I'm looking for in my next pair of IEMs is some strong bass. How would the R1's bass presence compare to the M4? Anyone able to comment?

 

Any help in helping me make up my mind would be much appreciated!

post #88 of 792

Hi, how do these compare to JVC FX40 or FX101? Also, do these take benefits from a Fiio E11 (cause i'm tempted to buy it in bundle)?

post #89 of 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeandbake View Post

dragon2knight - thanks for the detailed review of the R1s. 

 

I'm currently tossing up between the R1 and the M4 - one thing I'm looking for in my next pair of IEMs is some strong bass. How would the R1's bass presence compare to the M4? Anyone able to comment?

 

Any help in helping me make up my mind would be much appreciated!

 

 

I don't think most of us have these yet. I have the M4 and I'm not really impressed by it at the moment. The JVC FX40, FXD70 and FXD80 run rings around it. Also, so does the FAD Adagio III.

post #90 of 792

Just ordered a pair to go with my new iPod. I'll post impressions however basic they are, after I receive them and spend some time with them. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: