New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brainwavz R1 Review - Page 9

post #121 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post

Well, I don't like the M4's much either, so have no fears here, the R1's sound nothing like it. It's closer to the M2's, just better/more mature all around,especially in the quality of the bass and much better high end. 

Good dragon2knight. Would you call the sound signature 2-Dish or 3-Dish. For example, the FXD80 is very 3-Dish with it's sound signature. The GR07 is a great sounding IEM to me, but it's quite 2-Dish to me.

post #122 of 791

Hows the detail, I know you say they have good detail but do they have as much as your B2 because I find it hard to believe a $40 IEM is going to have the detail of a dual BA.  Because there so cheap I think I'm going to pick up a pair just to see and then give them to one of my relatives for X-mas.

post #123 of 791
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Good dragon2knight. Would you call the sound signature 2-Dish or 3-Dish. For example, the FXD80 is very 3-Dish with it's sound signature. The GR07 is a great sounding IEM to me, but it's quite 2-Dish to me.

Definitely more towards 3-Dish.It surrounds you more and has a full signature. Thats what I like about it, very "above it's weight class" because of it.

post #124 of 791
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

Hows the detail, I know you say they have good detail but do they have as much as your B2 because I find it hard to believe a $40 IEM is going to have the detail of a dual BA.  Because there so cheap I think I'm going to pick up a pair just to see and then give them to one of my relatives for X-mas.

Do understand that these have dual dynamic drivers, which, if tuned right, will produce a superior soundstage to a single dynamic IEM. So, yes, the R1's can have a very spacious signature very similar to a higher end IEM like the B2. Is it better? Nope, just similar to it. The B2's trump the R1's in the mids, but the bass is superior on the R1's...they don't sound the same, but they both have great detail, and I would recommend the R1's to anyone who want's great sound quality on the cheap...try them out, you might not give them away after doing so wink.gif

post #125 of 791

Oh I know they're a dual dynamic but I think I'm going to pass on them, thanks for the info.  I'm going to wait and maybe get the H-100K or see how the Nocs NS600 reviews are. The Nocs look like the use a micro dynamic driver (5.78mm) for the highs and a larger one (8mm) for lows which I haven't seen in a dual dynamic setup yet.

post #126 of 791
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

Oh I know they're a dual dynamic but I think I'm going to pass on them, thanks for the info.  I'm going to wait and maybe get the H-100K or see how the Nocs NS600 reviews are. The Nocs look like the use a micro dynamic driver (5.78mm) for the highs and a larger one (8mm) for lows which I haven't seen in a dual dynamic setup yet.

The Nocs sound interesting...just might try them out myself, thank you for that info smile.gif

post #127 of 791

anyone have the mic version? is it possible to take a couple of photos of the mic section?
will it create any problem if i use it with Clip+?

post #128 of 791
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekeat View Post

anyone have the mic version? is it possible to take a couple of photos of the mic section?
will it create any problem if i use it with Clip+?

See this link for a review of these with the mic...it may prove a problem as it seems to sit a bit high after being wrapped over your ear....I'll let you decide.

http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/f46/brainwavz-r1-mini-review-dual-dynamic-driver-earphones-18377/

post #129 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post

See this link for a review of these with the mic...it may prove a problem as it seems to sit a bit high after being wrapped over your ear....I'll let you decide.

http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/f46/brainwavz-r1-mini-review-dual-dynamic-driver-earphones-18377/

 

If the past is any indication I'm sure Raz will correct that problem in future R1 releases if people are having issues with the mic sitting too high.

 

Also thanks for the update on the sound D2K.. Sounds good.

post #130 of 791
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSNDET View Post

 

If the past is any indication I'm sure Raz will correct that problem in future R1 releases if people are having issues with the mic sitting too high.

 

Also thanks for the update on the sound D2K.. Sounds good.

I'm sure he will, its just odd it wasn't caught before the first production run.... Ah well, no ones perfect wink.gif

post #131 of 791

thanks for the pointer, totally missed that photo. The position does look kind of weird for a mic, probably will just go for the non-mic version
 

post #132 of 791
Thread Starter 
I just got word from Razzer over on MP4NATION that the R1's are shipping in the next couple of days, so you folks should be getting yours very soon smily_headphones1.gif
Anyone exited about that? wink.gif

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
post #133 of 791

Well, I got the email with the tracking number today. There wasn't free fedex for me though, so I'll receive mine next week.

post #134 of 791

I got the email with tracking number today too, and free FEDEX, so I should receive mine tomorrow or Friday -- exciting times indeed...

post #135 of 791

I received the email yesterday with my R1 tracking number but it still hasn't been accepted by Fedex. Unexpected delay I guess. smile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: