Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals ›  Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player - Page 46

post #676 of 692

I thought yet another firmware was just released according to the above?
 

post #677 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

I thought yet another firmware was just released according to the above?
 

Edit 2: I just saw one report of N1 not responsive after firmware upgrade. Please hold off on downloading for now!!!

 

Edit: Yes, another new firmware has been released for Nova N1 on 2013-03-22.

 

Please note that exact firmware image to be flashed depends on the first two digits of the Nova N1 serial number on the back of the casing. Please check the serial number before downloading the respective zip file!

 

For N1 serial numbers beginning with 12XX:

 

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37333043/H281-XZ1236-20130319-N1-for-SN-HPC12XX-serials.zip

 

For N1 serial numbers beginning with 13XX:

 

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37333043/H281-XZ1236-20130319-N1-for-SN-HPC13XX-serials.zip


Edited by tkteo - 3/22/13 at 7:04am
post #678 of 692

New N3 firmware has been released today. Gonna try to get it on Dropbox by tomorrow.

post #679 of 692

I've just received my N1 and it is almost impossible to use... way too "buggy" so I hope the firmware update will solve this.

So what to do with the .zip?

Thanks!

post #680 of 692

Extract it anywhere on your C:drive, it will create it's own folders.

Press update on the N1

Connect to PC with USB (you might have to install the drivers if this is your first update)

Launch Hisoundtool exe

Browse and find the Firmware file where you extracted it

Click on update in the Hisoundtool screen at the bottom

 

the latest instructions included in the dropbox files are in English and clear.

Have a go, let us know how you got on.


Edited by KT66 - 3/25/13 at 11:09am
post #681 of 692

After installing the update

the Artist, Album, and Genre folders were empty.

 

I then played a track to check audio and track info display,

and now the folders are populated.

 

Odd.

post #682 of 692

Always reboot after updating anything.

post #683 of 692
Does the firmware update fix the sorting of the music (by alphabetical rather than by order they were uploaded)? Also, does anyone know if the device is now capable of playing all songs when shuffle is on, or is it still limited to 200 or so songs?
post #684 of 692

The album is sorted based on A-Z...The song is the same too

post #685 of 692

i am using N1-v1.01 Date:  2012-03-18

post #686 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkteo View Post

New N3 firmware has been released today. Gonna try to get it on Dropbox by tomorrow.

patiently awaiting this...

post #687 of 692
post #688 of 692

I've had mine for a day now (bought from big-man) and I've put it back up for sale in the forums if anyone is interested (£50 ono). I think the audio quality is very good but the FLAC order problems and the general UI quirks need some work (like the SD card music not being included in the media library and music stopping when you move from the folders section to the music section.) 

 

Does anyone know if these problems will be addressed in the future or is this someone you just have to put up with? The audio quality is almost but not quite worth the hassle for me. If it improved on these areas I'd definitely keep it.

post #689 of 692

I really don't know and it is a shame if not :(. While the attempted approach is a step in the right direction the quirks takes it 3 steps back :P.
 


Edited by lee730 - 5/2/13 at 2:19pm
post #690 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmkdr View Post

I've had mine for a day now (bought from big-man) and I've put it back up for sale in the forums if anyone is interested (£50 ono). I think the audio quality is very good but the FLAC order problems and the general UI quirks need some work (like the SD card music not being included in the media library and music stopping when you move from the folders section to the music section.) 

 

Does anyone know if these problems will be addressed in the future or is this someone you just have to put up with? The audio quality is almost but not quite worth the hassle for me. If it improved on these areas I'd definitely keep it.

I have the same sentiments. However, I'm keeping mine cause nobody wanted to buy it. And I guess it's better than having to use my iphone.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals ›  Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player