Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals ›  Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player - Page 29

post #421 of 692

Maybe they meant m4a, which is an audio file? I doubt the Nova players support video.

post #422 of 692

also, does anyone know the N3's output impedance?

post #423 of 692

MP4 is also an audio format, (AAC)

post #424 of 692

I doubt it supports video. If it did it would have a menu in the UI for Video ;).
 

post #425 of 692

I currently have a cowon s9 paired with ciem se530. I have slight hearing loss in  my left ear and like that the cowon has the ability to L/R fade. Those that have the N1, does it have the ability to do the same?

 

Im waiting on a reply for a used rocoo BA, do those have the ability to fade? 

 

for the chance they both can fade which would you go with the N1 or BA?

post #426 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravY View Post

I currently have a cowon s9 paired with ciem se530. I have slight hearing loss in  my left ear and like that the cowon has the ability to L/R fade. Those that have the N1, does it have the ability to do the same?

 

Im waiting on a reply for a used rocoo BA, do those have the ability to fade? 

 

for the chance they both can fade which would you go with the N1 or BA?


To my knowledge the BA doesn't have that feature. I don't think the N1 will have that feature either. If that is a must for you maybe it is best to stick with the Cowon....

post #427 of 692

I would get a review going later on , would e interesting since I will be comparing it with the likes of ipods and smartphone in term of playing music

(I still can't upgrade the firmware, or get my stuff inside the music menu , instead of the folder menu , help?)

The SQ feels powerful compared to the likes of straight ipod jack, or even the galaxy note 2 , the UI is better than what I imagined, what an audio oriented object would have. the build is rock solid and not plasticky, doesn't feel like your average "china" quality.  I am rather sastified

post #428 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

I doubt it supports video. If it did it would have a menu in the UI for Video ;).
 


LOL i does have a menu for it, didnt just pull that out of a hat. look, 6th menu option.

post #429 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by big-man View Post


LOL i does have a menu for it, didnt just pull that out of a hat. look, 6th menu option.


Hmm... I'm wondering if this is another crackpot-feature like the playlist and music/artist menus on their older players? What I mean is a feature that is there yet is not useable at all :P. Hopefully not but you never know.... rolleyes.gif


Edited by lee730 - 2/7/13 at 3:41am
post #430 of 692
music menu is still a"crackpot" feature on mine ,i simply cant get my external sd card musics to show up at all
post #431 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrias View Post

music menu is still a"crackpot" feature on mine ,i simply cant get my external sd card musics to show up at all


On their older players the "Now Playing" feature allowed for all music on both the internal and external memory to be played together at the same time. You'd have to put it on shuffle though to have it play randomly. Not sure if they could fix that with a firmware update? But for the most part I use the Resource menu which is folder view. Probably the method you have to use to see your files. I found this method to be the fastest way to access my music opposed to the music/artis/albums options since those lag really really bad. Actually to be honest I'd use folder view regardless (unless playlists actually worked!!).... Does the N1 support playlists and does it work this time?


Edited by lee730 - 2/7/13 at 3:48am
post #432 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Hmm... I'm wondering if this is another crackpot feature like the playlist and music/artist feature on their older players? What I mean is a feature that is there yet is not useable at all :P. Hopefully not but you never know....


thats what i thought, however i asked jack and he has said that it does have a player but isnt sure what files it uses and becuase of chinese new year he cant find out right now. AVI files trun up in the lst but say unknown format. the other files just dont turn up. maybe it just doesnt support any files at all =/ tbh i dont mind as its a music player and the screen would be too small for videos anywway, i just wanted to know for review purposes

post #433 of 692

True but still it's a feature that makes the player look bad then if it don't work. I mean I personally wouldn't give a rat's @ss myself. But there are others who will not like that the feature is there but doesn't work right lol.
 

post #434 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravY View Post

I currently have a cowon s9 paired with ciem se530. I have slight hearing loss in  my left ear and like that the cowon has the ability to L/R fade. Those that have the N1, does it have the ability to do the same?

Im waiting on a reply for a used rocoo BA, do those have the ability to fade? 

for the chance they both can fade which would you go with the N1 or BA?

There are other options for you to consider, such as this cable adapter which allows you to adjust balance, Unfortnuately most audiophile players I've tried (besides Cowon) don't seem to worry about adding this feature, however best to use a work around, this way any player is still an option for you.

I'm sure there's others that can be found and this is just an example.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5mm-AUDIO-BALANCE-VOLUME-CONTROL-Headphones-Earphones-Speaker-Extension-Cable-/110890076320?pt=AU_CablesConnectors&hash=item19d19048a0&_uhb=1



@~ Lee: Fancy seeing you here! wink_face.gif
post #435 of 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


On their older players the "Now Playing" feature allowed for all music on both the internal and external memory to be played together at the same time. You'd have to put it on shuffle though to have it play randomly. Not sure if they could fix that with a firmware update? But for the most part I use the Resource menu which is folder view. Probably the method you have to use to see your files. I found this method to be the fastest way to access my music opposed to the music/artis/albums options since those lag really really bad. Actually to be honest I'd use folder view regardless (unless playlists actually worked!!).... Does the N1 support playlists and does it work this time?
guess i am just used to the like of ipod uis, or poweramps or other uis that scan the player,i sometimes want to listen to albums , and sometime to artists ,and some of my mp3 doesnt even have the basic tags due to thembeing recordings of a friend singing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals ›  Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player