Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals ›  Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player - Page 26

post #376 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

the student discount better still be available by that time

our student discount will be valid till the 10th of feb so you have plenty of time =)

 

EDIT: didn't notice about the Studio 3rd talk before, just and FYI for anyone debating the 2 players, the studio 3rd and studio V will both be out of stock till march. may sway your decision.


Edited by hisoundUK - 1/29/13 at 1:17am
post #377 of 693
Anyone did a comparison between N1 and C3?
post #378 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisoundUK View Post

our student discount will be valid till the 10th of feb so you have plenty of time =)

 

EDIT: didn't notice about the Studio 3rd talk before, just and FYI for anyone debating the 2 players, the studio 3rd and studio V will both be out of stock till march. may sway your decision.

Well I'd choose the N3 over a Studio V 3rd Ann. solely on form factor....but would I be missing out on sound quality, or would you say they're in the same league?

 

edit: meh, whatever. Just made an offer for the N3. I suppose I can always return it if it's underwhelming...


Edited by anoxy - 1/29/13 at 11:50am
post #379 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

Well I'd choose the N3 over a Studio V 3rd Ann. solely on form factor....but would I be missing out on sound quality, or would you say they're in the same league?

 

edit: meh, whatever. Just made an offer for the N3. I suppose I can always return it if it's underwhelming...

 

sorry for the late reply personally the studio 3 and the N3 are a little different. sound wise you will not be missing out, however this is not to say you would have a preference either way. personally id say the difference is really minimal. aside from that there are other factors. the N3 has a better UI for sure and is much more of a portable DAP than the 3rd which is small but compared to the N3 is chunky. the 3rd has a more impressive battery life and can be used as an amp. really the difference is not so much in the sound quality as much as it is in the functional uses. there is of course also the price difference and also the fact that the 3rd is out of stock till at least march. as an enthusiast myself, i would say you are pretty safe with the N3 and i doubt very much you will find it underwhelming.

post #380 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisoundUK View Post

sorry for the late reply personally the studio 3 and the N3 are a little different. sound wise you will not be missing out, however this is not to say you would have a preference either way. personally id say the difference is really minimal. aside from that there are other factors. the N3 has a better UI for sure and is much more of a portable DAP than the 3rd which is small but compared to the N3 is chunky. the 3rd has a more impressive battery life and can be used as an amp. really the difference is not so much in the sound quality as much as it is in the functional uses. there is of course also the price difference and also the fact that the 3rd is out of stock till at least march. as an enthusiast myself, i would say you are pretty safe with the N3 and i doubt very much you will find it underwhelming.
Thank you very much for the detailed response. That's really reassuring . . . I think I'm happy with my decision since I'll mainly be using it on the go with my CIEMs.

also, when will it ship out?
Edited by anoxy - 1/29/13 at 2:12pm
post #381 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisoundUK View Post

 

sorry for the late reply personally the studio 3 and the N3 are a little different. sound wise you will not be missing out, however this is not to say you would have a preference either way. personally id say the difference is really minimal. aside from that there are other factors. the N3 has a better UI for sure and is much more of a portable DAP than the 3rd which is small but compared to the N3 is chunky. the 3rd has a more impressive battery life and can be used as an amp. really the difference is not so much in the sound quality as much as it is in the functional uses. there is of course also the price difference and also the fact that the 3rd is out of stock till at least march. as an enthusiast myself, i would say you are pretty safe with the N3 and i doubt very much you will find it underwhelming.

Are you saying both N3 & studio 3 has the similar (identical) sound signature?


For me, the SQ is the most important and cannot be compromise.
In this case what is your suggestion, N3 or studio 3?

post #382 of 693

I don't think he's saying they are identical, but rather that you won't be dissatisfied with either one.

post #383 of 693

does anyone have the instruction and the firmware upgrade for the nova 1 ? i am going to start the review but i want to be sure i am using the latest firmware and whatever it brings

post #384 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberalpha11 View Post

Are you saying both N3 & studio 3 has the similar (identical) sound signature?


For me, the SQ is the most important and cannot be compromise.
In this case what is your suggestion, N3 or studio 3?

like anoxy said they are not identical, however i dont think there is much to be missed by going for he N3 in terms of SQ. the price difference is really for all the extra features you get with the Studio like the battery and use as an amp. The N3 and the Studio 3 are made to fulfil different pourposes. the N3 is meant to be a stunning player sound wise and is really made to bring stellar sound to the masses by keeping the pricing down. the studio 3 is made for audiophiles who are already in the market for a top quality player, the studio 3rd stands out in that market as one with the battery life that people etc at a good price. if what you are looking for is something for a great SQ with custom eq then the N3 is the one to go for. if you looking for a huge battery life and amp then the Studio 3. in terms of SQ they are different but both great.

post #385 of 693

Anyone know of a good carrying case that fits the nova and hopefully can be hooked onto a neck strap?

post #386 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisoundUK View Post

like anoxy said they are not identical, however i dont think there is much to be missed by going for he N3 in terms of SQ. the price difference is really for all the extra features you get with the Studio like the battery and use as an amp. The N3 and the Studio 3 are made to fulfil different pourposes. the N3 is meant to be a stunning player sound wise and is really made to bring stellar sound to the masses by keeping the pricing down. the studio 3 is made for audiophiles who are already in the market for a top quality player, the studio 3rd stands out in that market as one with the battery life that people etc at a good price. if what you are looking for is something for a great SQ with custom eq then the N3 is the one to go for. if you looking for a huge battery life and amp then the Studio 3. in terms of SQ they are different but both great.

Thanks for explaination. Unfortunately it is hard for me to imagine the sound that you have described.

I will wait for actual comparison between N3 and Studio 3 by the head-fiers.

post #387 of 693

I measured the size of N1, 92(H) x 40(W) x 8(D)mm. If you could find iPod nano 5gen case, it might be used. The size if iPod nano 5G was 90.7(H) x 38.7(W) x 6.7(D). Old nano was smaller a little:-)


Edited by YOT - 1/31/13 at 2:23am
post #388 of 693

@YOT: So how is the player growing on you? Is it more comparable now in sound quality to the Rocoo P? What about the battery life? Did my suggestion help to extend the battery further?
 

post #389 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

@YOT: So how is the player growing on you? Is it more comparable now in sound quality to the Rocoo P? What about the battery life? Did my suggestion help to extend the battery further?
 

My N1 SQ get closer with RoCooP. The difference is vocal. Vocal on RoCooP is closer and mostly even with its instrument. Instrumants on N1 closer but vocal is not so. And I've tried your suggestion.

But I did not follow it completely. In my usage, I do not paly back music 10hours or 5hour continuously. So I do not remind the term of battery life currently.

post #390 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonroses View Post

Anyone did a comparison between N1 and C3?


I did. The main difference is vocal.  I compare with N1, RoCooP and C3. Vocal on C3 is closest, nest RoCooP then N1. For intruments the order is upside down. Sound resolution not differ so much. The sound stgae

I feel C3 is wider. EQ setting, Normal on C3, HSAV10 on N1. The other differences are sound power C3 is higher, UI, N1 is better. Touch panel resoponce, C3 is better.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals ›  Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player