Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals ›  Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player - Page 9

post #121 of 693

Listened/were preassured into it.  They did a good job of arguing against putting one, telling users what they needed rather that giving them what they wanted.  Good on them for changing it, if enough people realise how bad the battery may be on this junk maybe they will change that to eh sly ol buddy?


Edited by stozzer123 - 11/4/12 at 4:54am
post #122 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_in_the_sky View Post

there's another thread of the nova... go and see...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/629679/edit-hisound-audio-to-release-new-dap-product-line-nova-with-micro-sd-card-support/150
They listened to lot of complains and decided to put one.

If they added a custom eq, I'm buying.

 

They sure changed stuff around quickly then. Considering that email wasn't posted here long ago (maybe three weeks?).

post #123 of 693

The oem works fast ;)

post #124 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by stozzer123 View Post

Listened/were preassured into it.  They did a good job of arguing against putting one, telling users what they needed rather that giving them what they wanted.  Good on them for changing it, if enough people realise how bad the battery may be on this junk maybe they will change that to eh sly ol buddy?

 

have you tried it? what makes you say the battery will be bad? you harp on about the player based on past players by the same company, however if there is one thing that is common knowledge around hisound is that battery life is exceptional. so why are you  already saying the battery life is bad? I know you asked them and thy have not given you an answer, however did you ever think it could be because they do not want to talk to you? you have managed to put a negative spin on everything said, even them listening to potential customers. maybe they did not think that it needed a micro sd slot? however, the fact that they decided they where wrong and are now putting one on can only be seen as a merit to them.

 

It is Standard procedure for a company to reserve the right to not talk to, serve etc anyone they do not want to. considering your agenda here is painfully obvious (even your signature? come on now...) im not surprised they have not answered you about the battery life. on top of that im not surprised they think you are working for some other company to defame them because really, what sort of regular customer goes on such a massive vendetta against a company they have nothing to do with?

post #125 of 693

thanks for your input chief, ill def take it to heart ;)

 

 

Thing is THEY claimed 10 hour battery life, but they are also claiming this a portable player for audiophiles so then its safe to assume Flac or other high quality files will be used.  Given that, its only fair that since no one has used the player that they inform them rather than getting the player and realising that in the pratical use intended for the community its far less than stated.  This also applies to the fact their rated battery life on the studio (the player you claim ((and rightly so thanks to the battery size and not their innovation claims)) has excellent battery life) achieves 80 hours not on flac and with the volume at 3/31, in reality many people report having to use it at settings in the region of 15-30 (with the exception of lee and a few others of courserolleyes.gif).  

So in this case big man :) even though you see me as having a vendetta I genuinely would like to help folk not run into issues than many others have had with this company.  It really is a question that should be answered when they are asking you to buy a player on blind faith.  When the player is released ill stop as I have no intention of buying it and im sure a couple of folk will pick this up, at then there is will be no need to see.  If you think jack (not his real name) wants doesnt know the answer to you would be wrong, so why not share it unless its so bad it puts people off.  When you see a company like fiio making real innovations effort and answering every question truthfully why not Hisound when it is people like us and the community that they are specifically targeting.

post #126 of 693

There are some valid gripes about HiSound but these vendettas are not that.

post #127 of 693

This is not a gripe this is a request for information.  I may be pointing out a massive flaw that will put a lot of people off, or the battery life may be 10hrs with flac which some will find acceptable.  Either way if it is answered truthfully THE CONSUMER WINS.


Edited by stozzer123 - 11/4/12 at 7:59am
post #128 of 693

The OEM and codec stuff was a bit over the top. Play time notice is fine but already stated by HiSound. Like every manufacturer, we wont have certainty beyond that until we test. I suppose that you expect Monster to say beats are crap.blink.gif


Edited by goodvibes - 11/4/12 at 9:31am
post #129 of 693

> "I have no intention of buying it"

> yet keeps ranting on and on and on and on in the HiSound Audio threads

> complaints about the HiSound Audio products frequency response

> yet preaches BBE

> and changes headphones on his Colorfly C3 to get better sound out

 

This is getting old, stozzer123.

 

Back ontopic, 10 hours seems fine. Less seems fine as well. Being able to charge it over USB means every desktop, laptop, or even in-car USB connector would be yet another charging station. As long as very intensive use with FLAC can keep it above 6, it's okay in my honest opinion.

 

I'm interested what the complete result is gonna be.


Edited by laen - 11/4/12 at 10:41am
post #130 of 693

Patience people.

 

It takes ONE notable, unbiased, headfier (there are plenty on here that do reviews for hundreds of products) to answer the question about how long battery life is going to be. That one person (or a few) will get the player before stozzer123 or myself can get anywhere near it- companies send out items to notable reviewers beforehand. 

 

Battery life is NEVER, I repeat NEVER an accurate specification and I am talking about the world of apple, sony, cowon, samsung, sansa..... If they can't produce accurate specs for battery life, why on earth would you expect a much smaller/boutique firm like hisound to???? 

post #131 of 693

But will it have a custom eq?

post #132 of 693
Stozzer:

This guy made a Hisoundaudio Studio thread blocked and has also been blocked in the other Nova thread...

He keeps on saying exactly the same things, delivering the same message and try to provoc "fights"...to make the thread closed... that's what his behavior make me think about...

Sttozzer: Nobody can damn say what will the battery life of the player be and if Hisoundaudio don't want to talk to you I think that , it's because last time he did, a thread closed....

So please can you go away? YOU DISTURB (at least me...)!!!

Can you do your own non-appreciation thread somewhere else and stop making so much supositions about a player that nobody has yet?

Thank you.
Edited by sly_in_the_sky - 11/4/12 at 11:37am
post #133 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

But will it have a custom eq?

I really don't know... In the previous players, there's presets SQ but not customisable.
post #134 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by laen View Post

> "I have no intention of buying it"

> yet keeps ranting on and on and on and on in the HiSound Audio threads

> complaints about the HiSound Audio products frequency response

> yet preaches BBE

> and changes headphones on his Colorfly C3 to get better sound out

 

This is getting old, stozzer123.

 

Back ontopic, 10 hours seems fine. Less seems fine as well. Being able to charge it over USB means every desktop, laptop, or even in-car USB connector would be yet another charging station. As long as very intensive use with FLAC can keep it above 6, it's okay in my honest opinion.

 

I'm interested what the complete result is gonna be.

If your going to try and disect someones statements at least make sure you bother to read them in the first place.



Yes I have no intention of buying it but this doesnt stop someone asking a very valid question that may help fellow headfiers.

 

 

 

oh its not the frequency response, but you should probably try reading my posts

 

Im not preaching bbe. I said the bbe engineers had a hand in tuning the hardware, they are insanley talented and have many many many years more experience than hisound, if you think using the same hardware Hisound are able to get the sound so discernably better and that cube and BBE weren't able to get to at least 90-95% of the hardwares potential at least then you sir are a fool..  Honestly if you dont have even slight knowledge of how a product like this is actually produced you should bite your tongue.  In fact in a comment to mr good i actually state flat out I very rarely use it and thats only when my music calls for my zo and i dont have it on me.  But again you didnt bother reading that part did you and decide to make stuff up in your own head.......bravo.  Again if you dont know what you are talking about best keep quiet.

 

Changes his headphones to get better sound out?   Hi welcome to head-fi, you must be new here.  Everyone is always changing or auditioning headphones and earphones in the endless search for their own perfection and I am no different, in case you didnt know the 2 biggest things you can do to enjoy your tunes is either file type or headphones.  Portable sources actually are rather minutley different in results other than eqing etc when compared to changing your headphones, at a certain level differences acheived are very small as long as you have a player that does not distort frequencies.  I myself do not build my rig around my source, I build them around my headphones.  The c3 has measured very well in RMAA testing (above the studio) and has recieved nothing but praise on its sq from other owners, from that stance its then about finding headphones with great synergy.  

 

As a side not is it not clear I use an imod, c30, c3, clip and htc one x?

 

 

6 hours with flac is acceptable?  what planet are you from? 

post #135 of 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_in_the_sky View Post

Stozzer:
This guy made a Hisoundaudio Studio thread blocked and has also been blocked in the other Nova thread...
He keeps on saying exactly the same things, delivering the same message and try to provoc "fights"...to make the thread closed... that's what his behavior make me think about...
Sttozzer: Nobody can damn say what will the battery life of the player be and if Hisoundaudio don't want to talk to you I think that , it's because last time he did, a thread closed....
So please can you go away? YOU DISTURB (at least me...)!!!
Can you do your own non-appreciation thread somewhere else and stop making so much supositions about a player that nobody has yet?
Thank you.

Thanks for that sly, 

 

It'll be of no surprise to you if I have no regard at all for your opinion.  Im not the one trying to provoc fights your the one that when I ask a simple question which the answer to will be of use to the community buts in with slanders against myself.  I also reserve the right to point it when your glossing or half truthing.   Did you mention that hisound were banned and had posts removed from the c3 thread because of their behaviour?  No you didnt that wouldnt be to your advantage.  Again your fabricating more lies in an attempt to "shut me up" from asking simple questions and pointing out GROSS anomolies in both hisounds customer service and strategy.  They are straight up conning folk (in a manner similar to cable manufacturers), if that is my belief then by all means disagree but dont try and censor someone, either say something to counter the point or do some research into them and find out for yourself.

Again I categorically state that I do not want to see this or any other thread closed,  that is a flat out lie that you are trying to put into peoples heads.  I am a proponent of free speach but you seem intent on keeping someone from voicing an opinion.  

 

Over 20 people have contacted me in the past week about it either with support, stories of their own experience dealing with hisound or people with actual technical knowledge of what they are up to, some are people based in shenzen who Jack (not his real name) and Hisound know.  This will all be released in December, in my own thread and I promise there is some eye opening stuff in there.  Again anyone else with information is welcome to message me and it will be added to the final article if appropriate.  At that point it will add to both sides of the argument and everyone can decide for themselves.

 

Now my original question was about the Nova battery, we know hisound are reading this so can we get back on topic and have an answer.   

 

Finally I wont respond again in this thread unless it is to defend my own actions.  So keep it on point please Sly.


Edited by stozzer123 - 11/4/12 at 1:18pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals ›  Favrite price promotion for Hisound’s upcoming new Nova player