still very good sound, to bulky and poor ui!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MP3 Player Last post on 11/5/12 at 2:35pm in Portable Source Gear
- Some help with source. Last post on 1/3/13 at 5:50am in Portable Source Gear
- A portable player that can output digital (from wav files) - but is not a phone .... ? Last post on 10/31/12 at 9:25pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New DAP help Last post on 9/17/12 at 10:01pm in Portable Source Gear
- CK4 vs hm601 vs Rocoo D vs Colorful C3 Last post on 8/10/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
Colorfly C3, Hisoundaudio Rocoop, or Hifiman 601 - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have owned RoCoo BA, Colorfly C3 an Hifiman HM-601 (that's what I have currently now). Between the RoCoo and the Colorfly I had the mighty iBasso DX100. For different reasons I returned the DX100 though it's the best out of all these.
1) Hifiman HM-601 (One of the best DAPs I've ever heard in my life. Much much better than iPods and in a different league than the ones you're considering).
2) Colorfly C3. (I really liked the sound it produced. Not offensive, quite flat and yet engaging. But at the time I preferred my Ipod Classic + Fostex HP-P1 combo and sold the Colorfly. UI is a pain in the ...)
3) RoCoo BA.(I had really high hopes of this DAP but it never did it for me. I'd never consider buying it again. Now that I think of it if I had it for free now, i'd probably not use it).
So my winner is Hifiman
I think C3 UI is fairly decent, there's not much you can really do wrong. The headphone jack can get in the way using it one handed but for running around changing tracks, albums and volume I think it works well. YMMV.
I thought it was actually pretty simple and inventive.
I disagree. The Hifimans UI is clunky. It's dead slow like a snail to access music. I wanted to slam it against the wall constantly due to this. Plus if you have extensive playlists on the device it's a hassle (2000+ songs). I'm not the type to just press shuffle and let it go. I like to have control of what I'm listening to. In that regard I find the DX100, Rocoo BA and Studio V are much better (faster). I also found the Rocoo BA to be superior to the Hifiman 601 sound quality wise. While I enjoyed the 601 its treble is rolled off, bass is overemphasized and it's a brick. The Rocco BA stock is better than it IMO. The Studio V & Studio V 3rd ANV stock are much better than it IMO. The DX100 crushes them all. The Studio can still hold it's own being such a small player but still losses out to the DX100. I've owned them all at the same time (DX100, Rocoo BA, Studio V, Hifiman 601) before and did extensive comparisons to come to my decision. YMWV.
Edited by lee730 - 10/18/12 at 3:15am
Lol you got to be kidding me, heres my video real clunky eh?
simple and fast more like.
The hifimans UI is one of the worst of all time, actually the only thing i can remember being worse was some old rca players. Not only is it straight up unintuitive but it is outright buggy.
You know, when I first starting researching C3 I thought that small screen was going to bother me especially sorting through 32GB of files, but in all honesty once my player arrived I completely forgot about the screen size all together, after 10 minutes working out everything it flowed so naturally. I can't see how people would find it annoying really, even locking it was simple. My only grunt is the battery bars are small, I may need to bring the player closer to check because my eye's are going on me. But to fit everything on that screen they have done really well. It just works.
From good to bad in terms of sound alone
1) iPod + HP-P1 = Hifiman HM-601 (Yes Hifiman sounds as good as that combo to my ears)
2) Colorfly C3
- Colorfly C3, Hisoundaudio Rocoop, or Hifiman 601
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Replacing the pleather earpads on the Sony Wireless 7.1 Headset... 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Frequency Response Question 3 minutes ago
- › German Maestro GMP 8.35 D - Not sure what the fuss is? 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Review & Appreciation: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level... 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gungnir Owners: Would you "upgrade" to another DAC under $2000ish? 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13.... 5 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe