Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH-940 question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SRH-940 question

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
I've gotten to demo quite a few cans, and was curious what might be considered an "upgrade" from the 840's.

So far, I have gotten to sample the K701's, DT770's, AD2000's, and the HD598's; all of which I found to be slightly less desirable than the 940's
post #2 of 8
Thread Starter 
No one has any advice?
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodaO View Post

I've gotten to demo quite a few cans, and was curious what might be considered an "upgrade" from the 840's.
So far, I have gotten to sample the K701's, DT770's, AD2000's, and the HD598's; all of which I found to be slightly less desirable than the 940's

 

not to hijack the thread or anything, id be curious to hear your thoughts about the d2000's.  im also coming from the 840's looking for an upgrade. for me. as of right now the audio-technica a900 is in the lead for my tastes.  ive only gotten to try the 940's, a900 and k550's though.

post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickleweed View Post

 

not to hijack the thread or anything, id be curious to hear your thoughts about the d2000's.  im also coming from the 840's looking for an upgrade. for me. as of right now the audio-technica a900 is in the lead for my tastes.  ive only gotten to try the 940's, a900 and k550's though.


The D2000's were amazing, but they weren't portable enough for me in all honesty. The bass is very present without harming the mids and highs near as badly as most bass emphasized cans

post #5 of 8

 The srh940 is often not considered as an upgrade to srh840 , but rather something different (and for some , even a downgrade).

My complain with the srh940 is their built quality, cracks appear easily.

Why  do you want to upgrade your srh840, first ?

post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi View Post

 The srh940 is often not considered as an upgrade to srh840 , but rather something different (and for some , even a downgrade).
My complain with the srh940 is their built quality, cracks appear easily.
Why  do you want to upgrade your srh840, first ?

He rather stated that he didn't want the 940's. e asked how the D2000's compare to my tastes. As for my 940's I find they are much better than the 840's on the ground of sound quality. Build is slightly less emphasized but in the studio setting you aren't gonna be throwing them into your bag or carrying them around. They were meant for reference on studio when mastering
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodaO View Post

but in the studio setting you aren't gonna be throwing them into your bag or carrying them around.


Even with the best care, the srh940 has a too limited life expectancy. I  was surprised when I  noticed the cracks.

 

Read this thread , if you haven't yet:

Shure SRH-940 Crack and their service!

post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi View Post


Even with the best care, the srh940 has a too limited life expectancy. I  was surprised when I  noticed the cracks.

 

Read this thread , if you haven't yet:

Shure SRH-940 Crack and their service!

 

And there is a small crack forming on the bass of the swivel, right side. Disappointing to say the least, these are amazing headphones... Might sell them or trade them for a pair of D2000's..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure SRH-940 question