I've read the reviews already on this site and others, but there's not many
- productCowon C2-16BS 16 GB Video Player, Black with Silvertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productCowon iAUDIO 10 / i10 Portable Media Players (16GB) - Whitetagged by System, 10/10/12
- productCOWON X9 4.3-Inch 32GB Touch Screen Video MP3 Player (White)tagged by System, 10/10/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which mp3-player should I chose (cowon vs clip zip vs iPod nano vs ...) Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:27pm in Portable Source Gear
- Looking for backup/second player recommendation... Last post on 11/8/12 at 9:22pm in Portable Source Gear
- MP3 Player Last post on 11/5/12 at 2:35pm in Portable Source Gear
- Best neutral music player under 150$ Last post on 11/4/12 at 8:39am in Portable Source Gear
- dont know what portable music player to buy Last post on 11/3/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
Can anyone give me a run down on their thoughts on Cowon X9 and iAudio 10?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i did a review on the i10 because the only thing i could find was 1 overenthusiastic review and i felt like i had to badmouth the i10 a lot more.
the only reason not to take the x9 is the size of it. i m used to players the size of the i10 and really can't figure out how to handle bigger in everyday use without compromises.
i10 survival guide:
remember to never "hard disconnect" the usb and always plug it in one go, use the UI just to move between "now playing" and "list" (don't you dare go somewhere else!!!). then you have your honnest player doing its job.
and the x9 does all that better i m sure, probably even the sound as iaudio products are the cheap bastard sons of cowon.
if you got specific questions about the i10 i ll do my best to answer.
SQ is my biggest concern, but I read the one big review on this site which bashes the interface
So what are your thoughts on SQ and if you can compare it to other devices
And what do you think aobut the interface?
i m the i10 review basher ;) so you know what i think of the interface. it s bad and stupid but as long as it s about listening and picking an album, it s like any other player. if you like to do more, run!!!!
my personal XP ( i didn't get any 800$ dap) sony is the best if you like warm sound and bass.
the clip+ and most samsung i ve tried (dunno about last model) are great if you like clean somewhat flat sound. you get a little smaller soundstage, but the difference is nothing compared to going from headphone to intra. so it s about choice here, not quality.
cowon is in between with the tweaks to become a lot like sony, or like a sansa. if you re unsure about your tastes, go for cowon, if you prefer the sony signature go for sony as they still do that better.
and at last, if you know you don't mind missing the cowon tweaks because you know you won't use those cheap tricks, get a clip+ and use your money to get a good headphone or intra.
i like all my intras in the cowon (with some minor tweaks or EQ).
i get tired real soon of sony with my crap intras i use for sport (cheap stuff seems to always abuse ugly bass) .
same thing i get tired real quick of my er4p on the clip+ even when i EQ it. percussions soon start to oppress me, they re so dry and clean it hurts. doesn't mean i don't enjoy those dap a lot with other intras/iem, or amped. the cowon just blends easily with everything for me.
i don't talk about apple, because refusing flac or flash for so many years is a sign of misplaced stubbornness i don't want to be part of. on the other hand they do sound much better than before.
I have no earthly idea what that is supposed to mean....please explain.
i meant that anytime they name a product iaudio, you know it is dedicated to low end market. even the very old s9 had better ... well everything compared to any iaudio. only the sound seems to be the same. (may the audio gods bless cowon for saving the sound !!!)
... only the sound seems to be the same
... meaning that the S9, X7, X9, Z2, iAudio 9, iAudio 10 sound great (say, like the Cowon j3)?
All I want is the cheapest Cowon player with a very good sound. Which one?
( I don't care about their video, gaming, Wi-Fi, etc)
Edited by JakeJack_2008 - 10/10/12 at 10:52am
I believe Cowon C2 will provide such a task.
How do you know if you haven't heard one?
rikardoliepa this is now easily the 4th time I have seen you speaking about either IEM or DAP's you haven't heard making assumptions.
What part about "don't comment on gear you haven't heard or own" do you not understand?
See, then you should of said exactly that or similar, explain in your posts exactly what you said there. It helps people understand what you mean. Now we know that Hisound have said Nova will sound similar to Rocco P and from your C2 you think Rocco P sounds better. It's much easier to comprehend and won't get you caught up in strife.
It's just I see you doing it all the time and it's confusing members without knowing all the details.
- Can anyone give me a run down on their thoughts on Cowon X9 and iAudio 10?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo 22 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 27 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added... 43 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Headphones Recommendation for College Student 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 2 minutes ago
- › Help with buying Headphones/In ears 2 minutes ago
- › The Musical Fidelity MF100 , my newest love. 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for some (very) low budget closed cans for work. 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob