I've read the reviews already on this site and others, but there's not many
- productCowon C2-16BS 16 GB Video Player, Black with Silvertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productCowon iAUDIO 10 / i10 Portable Media Players (16GB) - Whitetagged by System, 10/10/12
- productCOWON X9 4.3-Inch 32GB Touch Screen Video MP3 Player (White)tagged by System, 10/10/12
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Which mp3-player should I chose (cowon vs clip zip vs iPod nano vs ...) Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:27pm in Portable Source Gear
- Looking for backup/second player recommendation... Last post on 11/8/12 at 9:22pm in Portable Source Gear
- MP3 Player Last post on 11/5/12 at 2:35pm in Portable Source Gear
- Best neutral music player under 150$ Last post on 11/4/12 at 8:39am in Portable Source Gear
- dont know what portable music player to buy Last post on 11/3/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Can anyone give me a run down on their thoughts on Cowon X9 and iAudio 10?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i did a review on the i10 because the only thing i could find was 1 overenthusiastic review and i felt like i had to badmouth the i10 a lot more.
the only reason not to take the x9 is the size of it. i m used to players the size of the i10 and really can't figure out how to handle bigger in everyday use without compromises.
i10 survival guide:
remember to never "hard disconnect" the usb and always plug it in one go, use the UI just to move between "now playing" and "list" (don't you dare go somewhere else!!!). then you have your honnest player doing its job.
and the x9 does all that better i m sure, probably even the sound as iaudio products are the cheap bastard sons of cowon.
if you got specific questions about the i10 i ll do my best to answer.
SQ is my biggest concern, but I read the one big review on this site which bashes the interface
So what are your thoughts on SQ and if you can compare it to other devices
And what do you think aobut the interface?
i m the i10 review basher ;) so you know what i think of the interface. it s bad and stupid but as long as it s about listening and picking an album, it s like any other player. if you like to do more, run!!!!
my personal XP ( i didn't get any 800$ dap) sony is the best if you like warm sound and bass.
the clip+ and most samsung i ve tried (dunno about last model) are great if you like clean somewhat flat sound. you get a little smaller soundstage, but the difference is nothing compared to going from headphone to intra. so it s about choice here, not quality.
cowon is in between with the tweaks to become a lot like sony, or like a sansa. if you re unsure about your tastes, go for cowon, if you prefer the sony signature go for sony as they still do that better.
and at last, if you know you don't mind missing the cowon tweaks because you know you won't use those cheap tricks, get a clip+ and use your money to get a good headphone or intra.
i like all my intras in the cowon (with some minor tweaks or EQ).
i get tired real soon of sony with my crap intras i use for sport (cheap stuff seems to always abuse ugly bass) .
same thing i get tired real quick of my er4p on the clip+ even when i EQ it. percussions soon start to oppress me, they re so dry and clean it hurts. doesn't mean i don't enjoy those dap a lot with other intras/iem, or amped. the cowon just blends easily with everything for me.
i don't talk about apple, because refusing flac or flash for so many years is a sign of misplaced stubbornness i don't want to be part of. on the other hand they do sound much better than before.
I have no earthly idea what that is supposed to mean....please explain.
i meant that anytime they name a product iaudio, you know it is dedicated to low end market. even the very old s9 had better ... well everything compared to any iaudio. only the sound seems to be the same. (may the audio gods bless cowon for saving the sound !!!)
... only the sound seems to be the same
... meaning that the S9, X7, X9, Z2, iAudio 9, iAudio 10 sound great (say, like the Cowon j3)?
All I want is the cheapest Cowon player with a very good sound. Which one?
( I don't care about their video, gaming, Wi-Fi, etc)
Edited by JakeJack_2008 - 10/10/12 at 10:52am
I believe Cowon C2 will provide such a task.
How do you know if you haven't heard one?
rikardoliepa this is now easily the 4th time I have seen you speaking about either IEM or DAP's you haven't heard making assumptions.
What part about "don't comment on gear you haven't heard or own" do you not understand?
See, then you should of said exactly that or similar, explain in your posts exactly what you said there. It helps people understand what you mean. Now we know that Hisound have said Nova will sound similar to Rocco P and from your C2 you think Rocco P sounds better. It's much easier to comprehend and won't get you caught up in strife.
It's just I see you doing it all the time and it's confusing members without knowing all the details.
- Can anyone give me a run down on their thoughts on Cowon X9 and iAudio 10?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 seconds ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 31 seconds ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 33 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works 3 minutes ago
- › BEST ANIME OF 2013 ノ( ゜-゜ノ) 3 minutes ago
- › Newbie question. Woo wa2 or Schitt Lyar ? 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe