I need some good clear sounding headphones. Just for chillin not anything special. i Listen too like everything. Im willing to pay about 500 bucks. Cheers Carson
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 10/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones to upgrade to from the Grado 125..Have Audioengine D1 dac/amp Last post on 12/9/12 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones similar to the Ultrasone HFI-780 or AKG K240 MKII Last post on 7/6/12 at 2:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In Search for Alternative for Beyerdynamic T70--> Lack of Bass Last post on 11/14/12 at 2:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone just for movies? Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:46am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
What are the best clear sounding headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1210/8/12 at 4:07pmpost #3 of 1210/8/12 at 4:13pmQuote:
Denon AH-D2000, D5000 or D7000? Very good bass and clear sound, very much praised for "fun" :-)post #4 of 1210/8/12 at 4:27pmQuote:
He-400 or HD650. you give nothing to base anything off of though, but the 650 isn't something you are likely to say no to.post #5 of 1210/8/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
But HD650 are very much the complete opposite of "clear sound", aren't they? Also, they need some serious amping...post #6 of 1210/8/12 at 4:34pmpost #7 of 1210/8/12 at 4:52pmQuote:
Clear means nothing at all. If you mean neutral, then the 600's/K702's would be a better choice. But someone just wanting "clear" headphones for that price, I would give them a 650 and they would say it's the clearest thing they have ever heard.post #8 of 1210/8/12 at 5:20pmpost #9 of 1210/8/12 at 5:25pmpost #10 of 1210/8/12 at 5:30pmI wouldnt waste $500 on anything. Do some research see if you can audition headphones and equipment some where local before you buy something we recommend you. Because right now you have no idea what type of sound you want.post #11 of 1210/8/12 at 6:46pm
Clear sound, you say? Get some Stax. A typical Lambda system will do nicely.
Just make sure you've got a speaker amp to power the transformer box that the cheaper setups come with.
And while auditioning gear before you buy it first would be highly recommended, it's not always doable. I certainly don't know of any brick-and-mortar stores with Lambdas or ESP/950s lying around for people to listen to.
Edited by NamelessPFG - 10/8/12 at 6:47pmpost #12 of 1210/8/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
Brainwavz HM5 (Fischer Audio FA003)
Hifiman HE-300 (revision 2)
Hifiman HE-400 (revision 2)
Ultrasone HFI 2400
Ultrasone PRO 750
Fostex T50RP (Modded; Paradox or Mad Dog)
- What are the best clear sounding headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 15 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 37 seconds ago
- › BEST ANIME OF 2013 ノ( ゜-゜ノ) 39 seconds ago
- › HE-400 vs. HE-500 vs. HE-4 Comparison 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 or Grado Rs1i for rock/metal? 1 minute ago
- › Best headphone portable DAC amp for under $100 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 1 minute ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 4 minutes ago
- › Open Back Vs Closed Back .. what is better for me? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe