I need some good clear sounding headphones. Just for chillin not anything special. i Listen too like everything. Im willing to pay about 500 bucks. Cheers Carson
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 10/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones to upgrade to from the Grado 125..Have Audioengine D1 dac/amp Last post on 12/9/12 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones similar to the Ultrasone HFI-780 or AKG K240 MKII Last post on 7/6/12 at 2:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In Search for Alternative for Beyerdynamic T70--> Lack of Bass Last post on 11/14/12 at 2:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone just for movies? Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/14/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought these when being on vacation the past weeks, since "argl" I missed to pack my in-ears and thought, ok, for 2 weeks on the beach, let's pick the first ones I came across. What I learned now,...
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
What are the best clear sounding headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1210/8/12 at 4:07pmpost #3 of 1210/8/12 at 4:13pmQuote:
Denon AH-D2000, D5000 or D7000? Very good bass and clear sound, very much praised for "fun" :-)post #4 of 1210/8/12 at 4:27pmQuote:
He-400 or HD650. you give nothing to base anything off of though, but the 650 isn't something you are likely to say no to.post #5 of 1210/8/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
But HD650 are very much the complete opposite of "clear sound", aren't they? Also, they need some serious amping...post #6 of 1210/8/12 at 4:34pmpost #7 of 1210/8/12 at 4:52pmQuote:
Clear means nothing at all. If you mean neutral, then the 600's/K702's would be a better choice. But someone just wanting "clear" headphones for that price, I would give them a 650 and they would say it's the clearest thing they have ever heard.post #8 of 1210/8/12 at 5:20pmpost #9 of 1210/8/12 at 5:25pmpost #10 of 1210/8/12 at 5:30pmI wouldnt waste $500 on anything. Do some research see if you can audition headphones and equipment some where local before you buy something we recommend you. Because right now you have no idea what type of sound you want.post #11 of 1210/8/12 at 6:46pm
Clear sound, you say? Get some Stax. A typical Lambda system will do nicely.
Just make sure you've got a speaker amp to power the transformer box that the cheaper setups come with.
And while auditioning gear before you buy it first would be highly recommended, it's not always doable. I certainly don't know of any brick-and-mortar stores with Lambdas or ESP/950s lying around for people to listen to.
Edited by NamelessPFG - 10/8/12 at 6:47pmpost #12 of 1210/8/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
Brainwavz HM5 (Fischer Audio FA003)
Hifiman HE-300 (revision 2)
Hifiman HE-400 (revision 2)
Ultrasone HFI 2400
Ultrasone PRO 750
Fostex T50RP (Modded; Paradox or Mad Dog)
- What are the best clear sounding headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 19 seconds ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 44 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › New Releases 2014 - No Records Released Before 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 4 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 4 minutes ago
- › How many pairs of shoes do you own? 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H3/ Senn HD580 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)