I need some good clear sounding headphones. Just for chillin not anything special. i Listen too like everything. Im willing to pay about 500 bucks. Cheers Carson
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 10/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones to upgrade to from the Grado 125..Have Audioengine D1 dac/amp Last post on 12/9/12 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones similar to the Ultrasone HFI-780 or AKG K240 MKII Last post on 7/6/12 at 2:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In Search for Alternative for Beyerdynamic T70--> Lack of Bass Last post on 11/9/14 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone just for movies? Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
BACKGROUND I enjoyed my Superlux HD-330 for several months. I always had a closed pair, an open pair, and earbuds at any given situation to cover all my needs – isolated listening, awareness of...
What are the best clear sounding headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1210/8/12 at 4:07pmpost #3 of 1210/8/12 at 4:13pmQuote:
Denon AH-D2000, D5000 or D7000? Very good bass and clear sound, very much praised for "fun" :-)post #4 of 1210/8/12 at 4:27pmQuote:
He-400 or HD650. you give nothing to base anything off of though, but the 650 isn't something you are likely to say no to.post #5 of 1210/8/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
But HD650 are very much the complete opposite of "clear sound", aren't they? Also, they need some serious amping...post #6 of 1210/8/12 at 4:34pmpost #7 of 1210/8/12 at 4:52pmQuote:
Clear means nothing at all. If you mean neutral, then the 600's/K702's would be a better choice. But someone just wanting "clear" headphones for that price, I would give them a 650 and they would say it's the clearest thing they have ever heard.post #8 of 1210/8/12 at 5:20pmpost #9 of 1210/8/12 at 5:25pmpost #10 of 1210/8/12 at 5:30pmI wouldnt waste $500 on anything. Do some research see if you can audition headphones and equipment some where local before you buy something we recommend you. Because right now you have no idea what type of sound you want.post #11 of 1210/8/12 at 6:46pm
Clear sound, you say? Get some Stax. A typical Lambda system will do nicely.
Just make sure you've got a speaker amp to power the transformer box that the cheaper setups come with.
And while auditioning gear before you buy it first would be highly recommended, it's not always doable. I certainly don't know of any brick-and-mortar stores with Lambdas or ESP/950s lying around for people to listen to.
Edited by NamelessPFG - 10/8/12 at 6:47pmpost #12 of 1210/8/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
Brainwavz HM5 (Fischer Audio FA003)
Hifiman HE-300 (revision 2)
Hifiman HE-400 (revision 2)
Ultrasone HFI 2400
Ultrasone PRO 750
Fostex T50RP (Modded; Paradox or Mad Dog)
- What are the best clear sounding headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 8 seconds ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 49 seconds ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 59 seconds ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear