I need some good clear sounding headphones. Just for chillin not anything special. i Listen too like everything. Im willing to pay about 500 bucks. Cheers Carson
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 10/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones to upgrade to from the Grado 125..Have Audioengine D1 dac/amp Last post on 12/9/12 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones similar to the Ultrasone HFI-780 or AKG K240 MKII Last post on 7/6/12 at 2:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In Search for Alternative for Beyerdynamic T70--> Lack of Bass Last post on 11/14/12 at 2:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone just for movies? Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 superior if...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
I'd been looking for some speakers for a while, I just never wanted to commit to any until I was sure what I wanted. I had read a few reviews about these before I bought mine, and it was pretty...
What are the best clear sounding headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1210/8/12 at 4:07pmpost #3 of 1210/8/12 at 4:13pmQuote:
Denon AH-D2000, D5000 or D7000? Very good bass and clear sound, very much praised for "fun" :-)post #4 of 1210/8/12 at 4:27pmQuote:
He-400 or HD650. you give nothing to base anything off of though, but the 650 isn't something you are likely to say no to.post #5 of 1210/8/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
But HD650 are very much the complete opposite of "clear sound", aren't they? Also, they need some serious amping...post #6 of 1210/8/12 at 4:34pmpost #7 of 1210/8/12 at 4:52pmQuote:
Clear means nothing at all. If you mean neutral, then the 600's/K702's would be a better choice. But someone just wanting "clear" headphones for that price, I would give them a 650 and they would say it's the clearest thing they have ever heard.post #8 of 1210/8/12 at 5:20pmpost #9 of 1210/8/12 at 5:25pmpost #10 of 1210/8/12 at 5:30pmI wouldnt waste $500 on anything. Do some research see if you can audition headphones and equipment some where local before you buy something we recommend you. Because right now you have no idea what type of sound you want.post #11 of 1210/8/12 at 6:46pm
Clear sound, you say? Get some Stax. A typical Lambda system will do nicely.
Just make sure you've got a speaker amp to power the transformer box that the cheaper setups come with.
And while auditioning gear before you buy it first would be highly recommended, it's not always doable. I certainly don't know of any brick-and-mortar stores with Lambdas or ESP/950s lying around for people to listen to.
Edited by NamelessPFG - 10/8/12 at 6:47pmpost #12 of 1210/8/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
Brainwavz HM5 (Fischer Audio FA003)
Hifiman HE-300 (revision 2)
Hifiman HE-400 (revision 2)
Ultrasone HFI 2400
Ultrasone PRO 750
Fostex T50RP (Modded; Paradox or Mad Dog)
- What are the best clear sounding headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 1 second ago
- › Xonar Essense stx Random LOUD high pitched Ringing Noise? 10 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 47 seconds ago
- › Question about open headphones (Sennheiser HD 598) 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a **LOUD** DAC/AMP for HD800s 2 minutes ago
- › Do I need an amp, DAC, and/or sound card for Audio-Technica ATH... 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 6 minutes ago
- › New DT770 not playing stereo 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)