I need some good clear sounding headphones. Just for chillin not anything special. i Listen too like everything. Im willing to pay about 500 bucks. Cheers Carson
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 10/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 10/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones to upgrade to from the Grado 125..Have Audioengine D1 dac/amp Last post on 12/9/12 at 1:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones similar to the Ultrasone HFI-780 or AKG K240 MKII Last post on 7/6/12 at 2:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In Search for Alternative for Beyerdynamic T70--> Lack of Bass Last post on 11/9/14 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone just for movies? Last post on 7/12/12 at 3:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
What are the best clear sounding headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1210/8/12 at 4:07pmpost #3 of 1210/8/12 at 4:13pmQuote:
Denon AH-D2000, D5000 or D7000? Very good bass and clear sound, very much praised for "fun" :-)post #4 of 1210/8/12 at 4:27pmQuote:
He-400 or HD650. you give nothing to base anything off of though, but the 650 isn't something you are likely to say no to.post #5 of 1210/8/12 at 4:33pmQuote:
But HD650 are very much the complete opposite of "clear sound", aren't they? Also, they need some serious amping...post #6 of 1210/8/12 at 4:34pmpost #7 of 1210/8/12 at 4:52pmQuote:
Clear means nothing at all. If you mean neutral, then the 600's/K702's would be a better choice. But someone just wanting "clear" headphones for that price, I would give them a 650 and they would say it's the clearest thing they have ever heard.post #8 of 1210/8/12 at 5:20pmpost #9 of 1210/8/12 at 5:25pmpost #10 of 1210/8/12 at 5:30pmI wouldnt waste $500 on anything. Do some research see if you can audition headphones and equipment some where local before you buy something we recommend you. Because right now you have no idea what type of sound you want.post #11 of 1210/8/12 at 6:46pm
Clear sound, you say? Get some Stax. A typical Lambda system will do nicely.
Just make sure you've got a speaker amp to power the transformer box that the cheaper setups come with.
And while auditioning gear before you buy it first would be highly recommended, it's not always doable. I certainly don't know of any brick-and-mortar stores with Lambdas or ESP/950s lying around for people to listen to.
Edited by NamelessPFG - 10/8/12 at 6:47pmpost #12 of 1210/8/12 at 8:35pmQuote:
Brainwavz HM5 (Fischer Audio FA003)
Hifiman HE-300 (revision 2)
Hifiman HE-400 (revision 2)
Ultrasone HFI 2400
Ultrasone PRO 750
Fostex T50RP (Modded; Paradox or Mad Dog)
- What are the best clear sounding headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 12 seconds ago
- › [Reviewers Wanted] World Tour for Cayin i5 - Android based AK4490... 35 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 37 seconds ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Beautiful Set of Alpha Primes with Doggie Treats 3 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 3 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...