Hey guys, I'm planning on spending around $150 on sound equipment. After extensive research, I've chosen the ath-m50s and Harman Kardon Soundsticks iii. Although this forum is not for speakers, I'm sure some of you may have tested them out. Which piece of equipment do you believe is better for the price. I listen to all kinds of music except for jazz. Normally I listen to dubstep though.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones Recommendation for College Student Last post on Yesterday at 6:22 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? Last post on Yesterday at 11:17 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Want a pair of flat, closed-back, comfortable, over ear headphones under $400 with a good seal. Last post on 4/14/14 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- how to make the audio technica ath m50 less bright Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Torn between Headphones HFI-580 Or ATH-M50 Last post on 4/1/14 at 11:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
ATH-M50 VS ....
Poll Results: ath-m50s vs soundsticks iii
0% (0)Harman Kardon Soundsticks iii
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had both before and I enjoyed them for quite some time, but here is what I did not like about them.
1. Claustrophobic soundstage, even for a closed headphone.
2. Sweaty ears because of no air flow.
3. Pads harden and crack in a couple months if not carefully used.
4. Other than that, not bad of a choice if you like this sound sig.
1. Lacks midrange.
2. Bass is slightly muddy.
3. Sound is tiny, but loud.
4. Lacks warmth.
5. Overall, good for pandora and youtube music.
If none of these problems bother you, then I guess you should be fine with either.
Hope this helped!
Edited by dhL17 - 10/8/12 at 4:04am
- ATH-M50 VS ....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › 3.5 to RCA question 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 6 minutes ago
- › FS Unique Melody Miracle CIEM USD$490 6 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude