Hey guys, I'm planning on spending around $150 on sound equipment. After extensive research, I've chosen the ath-m50s and Harman Kardon Soundsticks iii. Although this forum is not for speakers, I'm sure some of you may have tested them out. Which piece of equipment do you believe is better for the price. I listen to all kinds of music except for jazz. Normally I listen to dubstep though.
Related Forum Threads
- Need Cable Reccomendation for DIY Headphone Cable.. Last post on 5/22/15 at 8:55am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Burning in Kef M500? Last post on 2/24/15 at 7:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M-50 vs. Onkyo ES FC-300 vs KRK KNS 8400 Last post on 2/15/15 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- I need cheap bluetooth recommendations Last post on 3/13/15 at 8:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
ATH-M50 VS ....
Poll Results: ath-m50s vs soundsticks iii
0% (0)Harman Kardon Soundsticks iii
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had both before and I enjoyed them for quite some time, but here is what I did not like about them.
1. Claustrophobic soundstage, even for a closed headphone.
2. Sweaty ears because of no air flow.
3. Pads harden and crack in a couple months if not carefully used.
4. Other than that, not bad of a choice if you like this sound sig.
1. Lacks midrange.
2. Bass is slightly muddy.
3. Sound is tiny, but loud.
4. Lacks warmth.
5. Overall, good for pandora and youtube music.
If none of these problems bother you, then I guess you should be fine with either.
Hope this helped!
Edited by dhL17 - 10/8/12 at 4:04am
- ATH-M50 VS ....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Burson HA-160 headphone amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 11 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 12 minutes ago
- › iFi nano iCAN. "Name that Attenuator" competition. Winner no. 1... 13 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 launching with a bang! Competition with MEGA goodies. Gotta... 16 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)