Hey guys, I'm planning on spending around $150 on sound equipment. After extensive research, I've chosen the ath-m50s and Harman Kardon Soundsticks iii. Although this forum is not for speakers, I'm sure some of you may have tested them out. Which piece of equipment do you believe is better for the price. I listen to all kinds of music except for jazz. Normally I listen to dubstep though.
Related Forum Threads
- M50 headband wearing down... Last post on 9/30/14 at 2:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for home-use headphones Last post on 9/30/14 at 4:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need a new pair. Please help suggest Last post on 10/3/14 at 3:41am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 - so far unimpressed Last post on 10/14/14 at 2:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review and comparison: Focal Spirit Classic & Sennheiser HD380Pro Last post on 10/21/14 at 12:16am in Headphones (full-size)
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
ATH-M50 VS ....
Poll Results: ath-m50s vs soundsticks iii
0% (0)Harman Kardon Soundsticks iii
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had both before and I enjoyed them for quite some time, but here is what I did not like about them.
1. Claustrophobic soundstage, even for a closed headphone.
2. Sweaty ears because of no air flow.
3. Pads harden and crack in a couple months if not carefully used.
4. Other than that, not bad of a choice if you like this sound sig.
1. Lacks midrange.
2. Bass is slightly muddy.
3. Sound is tiny, but loud.
4. Lacks warmth.
5. Overall, good for pandora and youtube music.
If none of these problems bother you, then I guess you should be fine with either.
Hope this helped!
Edited by dhL17 - 10/8/12 at 4:04am
- ATH-M50 VS ....
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 27 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 48 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › The ATH-CKS77..Big, roomy, detailed, balanced, n I am not just... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › WA7 " Hum " 3 minutes ago
- › DIY speaker from scratch, advice please. 4 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 5 minutes ago
- › New here - looking for advice on high end portable over / on ear... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)