Hey guys, I'm planning on spending around $150 on sound equipment. After extensive research, I've chosen the ath-m50s and Harman Kardon Soundsticks iii. Although this forum is not for speakers, I'm sure some of you may have tested them out. Which piece of equipment do you believe is better for the price. I listen to all kinds of music except for jazz. Normally I listen to dubstep though.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for gym use Last post on 9/18/14 at 9:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Combination of ATH-M50 with Fiio E07K? Last post on Yesterday at 1:19 am in Headphones (full-size)
- How to spot a fake Audio Technica M50 Last post on 9/17/14 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Good All Around for Cubicle around 100? Last post on 9/16/14 at 6:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50 vs ATH-M50X Last post on 9/12/14 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
ATH-M50 VS ....
Poll Results: ath-m50s vs soundsticks iii
0% (0)Harman Kardon Soundsticks iii
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had both before and I enjoyed them for quite some time, but here is what I did not like about them.
1. Claustrophobic soundstage, even for a closed headphone.
2. Sweaty ears because of no air flow.
3. Pads harden and crack in a couple months if not carefully used.
4. Other than that, not bad of a choice if you like this sound sig.
1. Lacks midrange.
2. Bass is slightly muddy.
3. Sound is tiny, but loud.
4. Lacks warmth.
5. Overall, good for pandora and youtube music.
If none of these problems bother you, then I guess you should be fine with either.
Hope this helped!
Edited by dhL17 - 10/8/12 at 4:04am
- ATH-M50 VS ....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 18 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Open letter to John Grado 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 5 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 6 minutes ago
- › Nordost Heimdall headphone cable 6 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 6 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)