Hey guys, I'm planning on spending around $150 on sound equipment. After extensive research, I've chosen the ath-m50s and Harman Kardon Soundsticks iii. Although this forum is not for speakers, I'm sure some of you may have tested them out. Which piece of equipment do you believe is better for the price. I listen to all kinds of music except for jazz. Normally I listen to dubstep though.
Related Forum Threads
- M50 headband wearing down... Last post on Today at 2:03 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for home-use headphones Last post on Today at 4:49 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need a new pair. Please help suggest Last post on 9/28/14 at 9:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 - so far unimpressed Last post on Yesterday at 6:31 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Review and comparison: Focal Spirit Classic & Sennheiser HD380Pro Last post on Yesterday at 9:46 am in Headphones (full-size)
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
ATH-M50 VS ....
Poll Results: ath-m50s vs soundsticks iii
0% (0)Harman Kardon Soundsticks iii
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I had both before and I enjoyed them for quite some time, but here is what I did not like about them.
1. Claustrophobic soundstage, even for a closed headphone.
2. Sweaty ears because of no air flow.
3. Pads harden and crack in a couple months if not carefully used.
4. Other than that, not bad of a choice if you like this sound sig.
1. Lacks midrange.
2. Bass is slightly muddy.
3. Sound is tiny, but loud.
4. Lacks warmth.
5. Overall, good for pandora and youtube music.
If none of these problems bother you, then I guess you should be fine with either.
Hope this helped!
Edited by dhL17 - 10/8/12 at 4:04am
- ATH-M50 VS ....
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Turntable Help 5 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 54 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1i Headphones & RA1 Amp in Excellent Condition 1 minute ago
- › Need help to test the 20,000 sound tracks music library firmware... 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › JH5 vs Custom Art Music Two vs Noble 3C ... etc 2 minutes ago
- › Bayerdynamic T90 Good Condition 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)