- 2,248 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: S'port
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on Yesterday at 6:06 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 12/6/14 at 4:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 653
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I suspected business concerns would have something to do with it. New technologies are disruptive, and it didn't help that SSD makers have so far managed to milk another half decade or so out of NAND flash, so there wasn't really an urgent need for memristor-based technology.
Still, it's kind of disappointing when predictions like that don't come true, not because the technology never emerged or because the landscape changed, but because nobody has quite figured out how to bring the technology to market.
I just found a gem in the December 2008 PCWorld (yes, now that they've stopped printing them, I've been using the ancient ones as throne reading). They said that "...memristors will likely replace both DRAM and hard disks in the 2014-to-2016 time frame." Wow, now there's a prediction that didn't come true. I haven't checked for a while, but I'm not aware of a single influential product that uses them yet.
Actually, there are quite a few corkers in this article, which still exists in digital form as well:
I was more under the impression that ram would actually replace hard drives making things much faster. In a sense that is already happening with SSDs as they are indeed memory chips. My SSDs have made me very impatient ;).
The pony BBQ, but I guess we can start it back up again.
I wasn't curious at all, and now I might be even less so, if that's at all possible.
Mmm. Pony. I like mine with a nice glass of applejack. They don't stock good pony at my local supermarket very often, so it's a real rarity I get to have any. Hopefully it will experience a spike in popularity, as I really enjoy eating it with somebody special in the evening, just as the stars are coming out and blessing us with their twilight sparkle. I also enjoy getting some grapefruit along with the meal, and some nice pie afterward. I wonder what you'd call a grapefruit pie--a pinkie pie, perhaps? Pony is also good right after a rainstorm, when the sun comes out and, if you're lucky, you can see a rainbow dash across the sky and watch the leaves flutter, shy, from the trees.
Daaamn, Warren's some sexy beast, ain't he?
Not exactly one for subtlety are we....
When anyone starts talking about grapefruit, it just seems forced.
Warren, if you can hear me - I have to say this again - I like your face.
Well c'mon, they're all named inane things. It ain't easy. What the hell is a Pinkie Pie? What do you even do with that? It was either grapefruit or watermelon, the latter of which I don't like.
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 27 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 1 minute ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 1 minute ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2