- 2,303 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Location: South CONUS
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on 3/31/15 at 6:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
IE80 - High End Earphones I think there's a point to where you draw the line for a Price Point, this goes over that boundary and breaks the rules of it's price, which is unfortunate. I feel...
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 653
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I suspected business concerns would have something to do with it. New technologies are disruptive, and it didn't help that SSD makers have so far managed to milk another half decade or so out of NAND flash, so there wasn't really an urgent need for memristor-based technology.
Still, it's kind of disappointing when predictions like that don't come true, not because the technology never emerged or because the landscape changed, but because nobody has quite figured out how to bring the technology to market.
I just found a gem in the December 2008 PCWorld (yes, now that they've stopped printing them, I've been using the ancient ones as throne reading). They said that "...memristors will likely replace both DRAM and hard disks in the 2014-to-2016 time frame." Wow, now there's a prediction that didn't come true. I haven't checked for a while, but I'm not aware of a single influential product that uses them yet.
Actually, there are quite a few corkers in this article, which still exists in digital form as well:
I was more under the impression that ram would actually replace hard drives making things much faster. In a sense that is already happening with SSDs as they are indeed memory chips. My SSDs have made me very impatient ;).
The pony BBQ, but I guess we can start it back up again.
I wasn't curious at all, and now I might be even less so, if that's at all possible.
Mmm. Pony. I like mine with a nice glass of applejack. They don't stock good pony at my local supermarket very often, so it's a real rarity I get to have any. Hopefully it will experience a spike in popularity, as I really enjoy eating it with somebody special in the evening, just as the stars are coming out and blessing us with their twilight sparkle. I also enjoy getting some grapefruit along with the meal, and some nice pie afterward. I wonder what you'd call a grapefruit pie--a pinkie pie, perhaps? Pony is also good right after a rainstorm, when the sun comes out and, if you're lucky, you can see a rainbow dash across the sky and watch the leaves flutter, shy, from the trees.
Daaamn, Warren's some sexy beast, ain't he?
Not exactly one for subtlety are we....
When anyone starts talking about grapefruit, it just seems forced.
Warren, if you can hear me - I have to say this again - I like your face.
Well c'mon, they're all named inane things. It ain't easy. What the hell is a Pinkie Pie? What do you even do with that? It was either grapefruit or watermelon, the latter of which I don't like.
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 27 seconds ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New here, trying to start a thread in the Dedicated Components Forum 4 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area mini meet May 2nd 2015 (CanJam after party!!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2