Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 12/6/14 at 4:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Top 3 IEMs for Under $50 Last post on 9/29/13 at 1:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
FiiO Mont Blanc for IEM When you pick up the Mont Blanc you feel like you have something substantial in your hand. Not that is is overly heavy, no, it is conveys the impression that this thing...
I borrowed these from a friend as a trial and I can see why he likes them, unfortunately I do not. Let me elaborate on this as it's no justification at all to dismiss these earphone because I...
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 626
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've tried making my own barbecue sauce. No matter what I do I end up with overly-vinegary sauces, even when I barely put any vinegar in. I think it's because of the vinegar in the ketchup that most stock BBQ sauce recipes invariably start with. I recently picked up some tomato paste specifically for trying to make BBQ sauce, so I can control the vinegar tang completely (or elect to put none in at all, if I so choose).
I've had duck on one occasion, when a family friend gave us one he shot. It was very gamey, and we overcooked it so it ended up dry. I won't judge duck based on that one experience because I'm sure it can be a lot better than that.
As I believe I've mentioned earlier in this thread (possibly several times), I've also had pigeon. Again, not impressive. I saved the head to show my buddies that I'd actually eaten a pigeon. Unfortunately, it never occurred to me that there was useful (non-charred) meat inside, so two months later when I couldn't figure out why there were so many flies in my bedroom, I finally decided for unrelated reasons to pitch the head and discovered that it was filled with maggots. I've thus learned to never display the heads of pigeons in my room.
Regarding ice cream in general, I'm really boring, I guess, but I like the standard flavors like vanilla and chocolate the best. I prefer very mildly-flavored chocolate to the extremely rich stuff, too. Basically, I like it to taste like frozen chocolate milk. I don't mind strawberry, either, though here I like the strawberry flavor to be stronger and for there to be less sugar than a lot of brands use.
I think there's some sort of deep psychological message in there somewhere...
Could it be that we're all a bunch of
I know it makes me sound like I'm five, but since TwinQY was taking issue earlier with me making myself sound like I was older than I am, I'll put this out there to balance that: I like Superman ice cream.
Apparently, it's regional, so if you don't live around Michigan you might never have heard of it. Basically, it's three different colors/flavors of ice cream (supposedly blue, yellow, and red, but usually closer to cyan, yellow, and reddish magenta) based off Superman's costume mixed together. It's popular with children on account of the rainbow colors*, I assume. I like it for the flavors, whatever they actually are. Nobody seems to agree what the blue part (blue moon) is supposed to taste like, though one popular suggestion is (gasp!) pineapple. The yellow and red/magenta parts can vary in flavor, with lemon or vanilla both attested for the yellow and red pop** and black cherry both possibilities for the red/magenta bits.
*Literally--since the three base colors correspond roughly to cyan, yellow, and magenta, they could theoretically combine to create a wide gamut. They don't actually do this, so you mostly get a little bit of green, purple, and orange.
**I think this might be another regional thing, this time based on Faygo's Red Pop, which is a false strawberry or cherry (no clue which, which should say something) flavored concoction. I can't stand it, but some people absolutely love it, and it's probably not bad as a flavoring for ice cream.
Ugh, that looks like a very high concentration of toxic colourings. It even looks like poison.
It's not quite that bright in real life. Plus, it all depends on what you're viewing it on. I suppose if you were to look at it on something with super saturated color settings, it would look positively radioactive.
I think those are Black Tip Sharks, which also just happen to be one of the more common sharks used for eating along the US Southeast coast...
Gut it, skin it, fillet it - season & sauce to your liking and grill!
What don't you like about the LCD2? It is my all time favorite 'phone to date.
Talking to the sharks or talking to us?
That's right you stupid dead horse.
Ahem. I believe that I am the necromancer here.
Just think, if I could resurrect all the old threads I managed to kill in my early days on Head-Fi, none would doubt my awesome power to reanimate the dead.
Warren slays his foe
The horses are free to run now
From labyrinths below
The Wraith of Necromancer
Shadows through the sky
Another land to darken
With evil prism eye
+1 Internet to the first to get the reference.
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 22 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Best balanced AMP/DAC+USB to power up Fostex TH900 for desktop... 1 minute ago
- › Meet Alpha Prime 2 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)