Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on 3/23/15 at 9:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 626
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've tried making my own barbecue sauce. No matter what I do I end up with overly-vinegary sauces, even when I barely put any vinegar in. I think it's because of the vinegar in the ketchup that most stock BBQ sauce recipes invariably start with. I recently picked up some tomato paste specifically for trying to make BBQ sauce, so I can control the vinegar tang completely (or elect to put none in at all, if I so choose).
I've had duck on one occasion, when a family friend gave us one he shot. It was very gamey, and we overcooked it so it ended up dry. I won't judge duck based on that one experience because I'm sure it can be a lot better than that.
As I believe I've mentioned earlier in this thread (possibly several times), I've also had pigeon. Again, not impressive. I saved the head to show my buddies that I'd actually eaten a pigeon. Unfortunately, it never occurred to me that there was useful (non-charred) meat inside, so two months later when I couldn't figure out why there were so many flies in my bedroom, I finally decided for unrelated reasons to pitch the head and discovered that it was filled with maggots. I've thus learned to never display the heads of pigeons in my room.
Regarding ice cream in general, I'm really boring, I guess, but I like the standard flavors like vanilla and chocolate the best. I prefer very mildly-flavored chocolate to the extremely rich stuff, too. Basically, I like it to taste like frozen chocolate milk. I don't mind strawberry, either, though here I like the strawberry flavor to be stronger and for there to be less sugar than a lot of brands use.
I think there's some sort of deep psychological message in there somewhere...
Could it be that we're all a bunch of
I know it makes me sound like I'm five, but since TwinQY was taking issue earlier with me making myself sound like I was older than I am, I'll put this out there to balance that: I like Superman ice cream.
Apparently, it's regional, so if you don't live around Michigan you might never have heard of it. Basically, it's three different colors/flavors of ice cream (supposedly blue, yellow, and red, but usually closer to cyan, yellow, and reddish magenta) based off Superman's costume mixed together. It's popular with children on account of the rainbow colors*, I assume. I like it for the flavors, whatever they actually are. Nobody seems to agree what the blue part (blue moon) is supposed to taste like, though one popular suggestion is (gasp!) pineapple. The yellow and red/magenta parts can vary in flavor, with lemon or vanilla both attested for the yellow and red pop** and black cherry both possibilities for the red/magenta bits.
*Literally--since the three base colors correspond roughly to cyan, yellow, and magenta, they could theoretically combine to create a wide gamut. They don't actually do this, so you mostly get a little bit of green, purple, and orange.
**I think this might be another regional thing, this time based on Faygo's Red Pop, which is a false strawberry or cherry (no clue which, which should say something) flavored concoction. I can't stand it, but some people absolutely love it, and it's probably not bad as a flavoring for ice cream.
Ugh, that looks like a very high concentration of toxic colourings. It even looks like poison.
It's not quite that bright in real life. Plus, it all depends on what you're viewing it on. I suppose if you were to look at it on something with super saturated color settings, it would look positively radioactive.
I think those are Black Tip Sharks, which also just happen to be one of the more common sharks used for eating along the US Southeast coast...
Gut it, skin it, fillet it - season & sauce to your liking and grill!
What don't you like about the LCD2? It is my all time favorite 'phone to date.
Talking to the sharks or talking to us?
That's right you stupid dead horse.
Ahem. I believe that I am the necromancer here.
Just think, if I could resurrect all the old threads I managed to kill in my early days on Head-Fi, none would doubt my awesome power to reanimate the dead.
Warren slays his foe
The horses are free to run now
From labyrinths below
The Wraith of Necromancer
Shadows through the sky
Another land to darken
With evil prism eye
+1 Internet to the first to get the reference.
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 11 seconds ago
- › Need help in buying new headphone 14 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 15 seconds ago
- › External USB Surround Sound 7.1 Sound Card vs Virtual Surround... 17 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Most suitable IEM for my preference? 25 seconds ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 36 seconds ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 47 seconds ago
- › Project Ember Review 58 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 12 HOURS AWAY!!! 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2