- 7,949 Posts. Joined 11/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on 8/27/15 at 11:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 9/26/15 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 564
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Don't worry - if he gets unwieldy just show him the door to the glue factory...
Glad he's back. Missing people who aren't posting on here anymore though - tds (he's a-coming though..), S.O, Warren (but he's busy). TrollDragon (I've got my eyes on him on the portable thread), The Cake, Panda, Mini-panda, Parall3l.
If I missed ya, well you must not have wired me any money when I specifically asked them to
Yeah, I know what you mean. You've got a bit of the sheep dog in you as well, it seems.
Also, I posted a link to an article on breast milk cheese and somehow nobody commented on that. How does this happen?
I'm strictly a cat-lover. Love can go both ways though. Sometime's it's in a love's best interest to put things in their rear.
Breast milk cheese. Say it again. Breast milk cheese.
I think that's pretty sufficient on it's own....
D'oh, I remember who I've managed to forgotten - The black bird Curra and the elephant Jude.
I had a delightful snack at work tonight....mozzarella sticks that I dipped in nacho cheese!
And I vaguely remember the Herculoids, although I couldn't tell you if it was the original or the remake.
We go from one of the worst superhero cartoons to one of the best...
Back to Hanna-Barbera (of course) for the 1967 debut of Herculoids. It amazes me that they only made 36 segments (shown in 18 episodes) of Herculoids - but I guess when you have Space Ghost, Johnny Quest, Jetsons, Flintstones & Scooby-Doo, you really don't need Herculoids. In my opinion, the stars of Herculoids were the creatures - they rocked!! A flying dragon that shoots laser beams out of his eyes AND his tail, a rhinoceros that shoots exploding rocks out of his horn, A giant rock gorilla that that is impossibly strong and Gloop & Gleep that are, well, I don't WTH they are - but they are cool!!
Yes! One of my favorites as a kid, along w/ Jonny Quest. They couldn't make JQ today, what with all the PC crap.
I liked Jonny Quest a lot more when I watched it again about five years ago when they were replaying it on Boomerang. The plots felt kind of dated and predictable, which they probably were even when it was new, but I could still appreciate the animation and the comic relief. And it has this certain, unidentifiable feel about it that no other cartoon I've seen manages to duplicate. There's this illusion of depth, even though the character backstories aren't particularly complex and the plots of each episode are mostly isolated from each other. There's of course also the typical "SCIENCE!" flavor that was very common in its era, though it's more whimsical sci-fi than believable/physically possible technology. All in all, it's one that holds up despite regularly pushing the suspense of disbelief envelope.
Alas, the show was badgered almost from the beginning for how "violent" it was, even though I seem to remember reading that no blatant death ever happens on screen. They said they stopped making it in the 60s because they went over budget for every single episode and because it was extremely difficult to produce, but I imagine the complaints about the content played a role as well.
Being born in 1988, I got to see all kinds of good stuff. I witnessed the What a Cartoon! showcase, which launched about ten different highly successful series. I got to see all kinds of classic H-B stuff as they cycled through it, as well as other material from the same 60s-70s era. I took a break from cartoons in 1998, and over a year later when I checked back on Cartoon Network again it had already started going downhill.
But hey! We've got My Little Pony, so maybe we made out in the trade!
They've been conditioned to it. Just as music has gone down hill and most of the younger generation are just fine with it. They know no better is all.
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Finding Happiness 1 minute ago
- › Bob Carver 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Is it worth getting really high-end headphones if your source is... 4 minutes ago
- › New member roll call 5 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 5 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 6 minutes ago
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2