- 9,280 Posts. Joined 9/2006
- Location: Just past the Pacifists of the Gandhi Nebula, then hang a left
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on Yesterday at 6:49 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 12/6/14 at 4:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 564
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Don't worry - if he gets unwieldy just show him the door to the glue factory...
Glad he's back. Missing people who aren't posting on here anymore though - tds (he's a-coming though..), S.O, Warren (but he's busy). TrollDragon (I've got my eyes on him on the portable thread), The Cake, Panda, Mini-panda, Parall3l.
If I missed ya, well you must not have wired me any money when I specifically asked them to
Yeah, I know what you mean. You've got a bit of the sheep dog in you as well, it seems.
Also, I posted a link to an article on breast milk cheese and somehow nobody commented on that. How does this happen?
I'm strictly a cat-lover. Love can go both ways though. Sometime's it's in a love's best interest to put things in their rear.
Breast milk cheese. Say it again. Breast milk cheese.
I think that's pretty sufficient on it's own....
D'oh, I remember who I've managed to forgotten - The black bird Curra and the elephant Jude.
I had a delightful snack at work tonight....mozzarella sticks that I dipped in nacho cheese!
And I vaguely remember the Herculoids, although I couldn't tell you if it was the original or the remake.
We go from one of the worst superhero cartoons to one of the best...
Back to Hanna-Barbera (of course) for the 1967 debut of Herculoids. It amazes me that they only made 36 segments (shown in 18 episodes) of Herculoids - but I guess when you have Space Ghost, Johnny Quest, Jetsons, Flintstones & Scooby-Doo, you really don't need Herculoids. In my opinion, the stars of Herculoids were the creatures - they rocked!! A flying dragon that shoots laser beams out of his eyes AND his tail, a rhinoceros that shoots exploding rocks out of his horn, A giant rock gorilla that that is impossibly strong and Gloop & Gleep that are, well, I don't WTH they are - but they are cool!!
Yes! One of my favorites as a kid, along w/ Jonny Quest. They couldn't make JQ today, what with all the PC crap.
I liked Jonny Quest a lot more when I watched it again about five years ago when they were replaying it on Boomerang. The plots felt kind of dated and predictable, which they probably were even when it was new, but I could still appreciate the animation and the comic relief. And it has this certain, unidentifiable feel about it that no other cartoon I've seen manages to duplicate. There's this illusion of depth, even though the character backstories aren't particularly complex and the plots of each episode are mostly isolated from each other. There's of course also the typical "SCIENCE!" flavor that was very common in its era, though it's more whimsical sci-fi than believable/physically possible technology. All in all, it's one that holds up despite regularly pushing the suspense of disbelief envelope.
Alas, the show was badgered almost from the beginning for how "violent" it was, even though I seem to remember reading that no blatant death ever happens on screen. They said they stopped making it in the 60s because they went over budget for every single episode and because it was extremely difficult to produce, but I imagine the complaints about the content played a role as well.
Being born in 1988, I got to see all kinds of good stuff. I witnessed the What a Cartoon! showcase, which launched about ten different highly successful series. I got to see all kinds of classic H-B stuff as they cycled through it, as well as other material from the same 60s-70s era. I took a break from cartoons in 1998, and over a year later when I checked back on Cartoon Network again it had already started going downhill.
But hey! We've got My Little Pony, so maybe we made out in the trade!
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Audeze Deckard - class A amp, USB DAC 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by Rashmosh
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2