- 9,962 Posts. Joined 9/2006
- Location: Just past the Pacifists of the Gandhi Nebula, then hang a left
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on 4/28/15 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 564
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Don't worry - if he gets unwieldy just show him the door to the glue factory...
Glad he's back. Missing people who aren't posting on here anymore though - tds (he's a-coming though..), S.O, Warren (but he's busy). TrollDragon (I've got my eyes on him on the portable thread), The Cake, Panda, Mini-panda, Parall3l.
If I missed ya, well you must not have wired me any money when I specifically asked them to
Yeah, I know what you mean. You've got a bit of the sheep dog in you as well, it seems.
Also, I posted a link to an article on breast milk cheese and somehow nobody commented on that. How does this happen?
I'm strictly a cat-lover. Love can go both ways though. Sometime's it's in a love's best interest to put things in their rear.
Breast milk cheese. Say it again. Breast milk cheese.
I think that's pretty sufficient on it's own....
D'oh, I remember who I've managed to forgotten - The black bird Curra and the elephant Jude.
I had a delightful snack at work tonight....mozzarella sticks that I dipped in nacho cheese!
And I vaguely remember the Herculoids, although I couldn't tell you if it was the original or the remake.
We go from one of the worst superhero cartoons to one of the best...
Back to Hanna-Barbera (of course) for the 1967 debut of Herculoids. It amazes me that they only made 36 segments (shown in 18 episodes) of Herculoids - but I guess when you have Space Ghost, Johnny Quest, Jetsons, Flintstones & Scooby-Doo, you really don't need Herculoids. In my opinion, the stars of Herculoids were the creatures - they rocked!! A flying dragon that shoots laser beams out of his eyes AND his tail, a rhinoceros that shoots exploding rocks out of his horn, A giant rock gorilla that that is impossibly strong and Gloop & Gleep that are, well, I don't WTH they are - but they are cool!!
Yes! One of my favorites as a kid, along w/ Jonny Quest. They couldn't make JQ today, what with all the PC crap.
I liked Jonny Quest a lot more when I watched it again about five years ago when they were replaying it on Boomerang. The plots felt kind of dated and predictable, which they probably were even when it was new, but I could still appreciate the animation and the comic relief. And it has this certain, unidentifiable feel about it that no other cartoon I've seen manages to duplicate. There's this illusion of depth, even though the character backstories aren't particularly complex and the plots of each episode are mostly isolated from each other. There's of course also the typical "SCIENCE!" flavor that was very common in its era, though it's more whimsical sci-fi than believable/physically possible technology. All in all, it's one that holds up despite regularly pushing the suspense of disbelief envelope.
Alas, the show was badgered almost from the beginning for how "violent" it was, even though I seem to remember reading that no blatant death ever happens on screen. They said they stopped making it in the 60s because they went over budget for every single episode and because it was extremely difficult to produce, but I imagine the complaints about the content played a role as well.
Being born in 1988, I got to see all kinds of good stuff. I witnessed the What a Cartoon! showcase, which launched about ten different highly successful series. I got to see all kinds of classic H-B stuff as they cycled through it, as well as other material from the same 60s-70s era. I took a break from cartoons in 1998, and over a year later when I checked back on Cartoon Network again it had already started going downhill.
But hey! We've got My Little Pony, so maybe we made out in the trade!
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › Are my cans good enough? 8 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 12 seconds ago
- › Bushmill X Grado 17 seconds ago
- › Takstar Hi2050 *First Impressions* 30 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i vs Shure IEMS 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z connected to external DAC. 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2