Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 44

post #646 of 11237

http://imgur.com/a/TLTW1

 

How about we use these? They are pretty funny

post #647 of 11237
Thread Starter 
Those are awesome, but I can't think of any month to use it on. Mind you I'm still thinking for alliterative themes. Unless either someone else can come up with something or Shower Epiphany© come into play again, I have nothing for the moment.
post #648 of 11237
Thread Starter 
Just throwing it out there: Deceptive December. This just came out of the air while I was thinking about Santa Claus, not the result from Shower Epiphany©.
post #649 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Just throwing it out there: Deceptive December. This just came out of the air while I was thinking about Santa Claus, not the result from Shower Epiphany©.

 

You mean like Santa giving someone the sneaky Pete? I don't think that's gonna fly...ph34r.gif

post #650 of 11237
between the pole dancers, the ^, the shower scenes, etc. I think it's time to........

wash+mouth.jpg

I like the currawong idea personally. The crow, famous amous, or another idea along that line. Who is the official holder of the voting grid?
post #651 of 11237

I liked the Doh!cember idea from a few posts up. I also like the Famous Amos and Doomsday December ones, too.

post #652 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Has anyone mentioned Doh!cember?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

I liked the Doh!cember idea from a few posts up. I also like the Famous Amos and Doomsday December ones, too.

I'm definitely in favor of DOH!-cember. 700

post #653 of 11237

Doh!-cember gets my vote! I grew up watching the Simpsons!

post #654 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Clearly, you don't know him as well as I do... LOL biggrin.gif

Ambiguity is my friend - plausible deniability.

 

Not to mention a more interesting persona in general.  wink.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

I still like my Currawong bird.

 

Would we do any alterations?  Or should we all have the exact same thing?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Mind you I'm still thinking for alliterative themes.

 

As am I.  Hmm, it's a little geeky, but how about Driver December... where we post pics of our favorite headphone drivers?  Not the cans, just the drivers.  Or we can embed the drivers in other images (like they can be people's eyes, or really as any round object).  No?  Okay, I shall slink into the depths from whence I came.  smile.gif

 

Ooh, ooh, I got one!  As you guys may have noticed, our favorite Head-Fier from Sennheiser has been inactive for some time.  This is because he is no longer with Sennheiser, and has moved on.  As a result, his account is now dormant (and will be dormant forevermore).  How about we lay out a tribute to him, as a fond farewell, and do...

 

DeliveryMan December!

 

Here's the unifying base image we can work with:

 

 

It's all line art, so Photoshop/Gimp skills aren't even required.  Basic Microsoft Paint will do it (ahem Silent One...).  Anyway, just a thought.

post #655 of 11237

Okay, let me get through a "Meatless" Thanksgiving and fire up the...now, what did he just call it?! blink.gif

dt880smile.png

post #656 of 11237
You can always print it out, color it with crayons and then scan it back in... tongue.gif
post #657 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

DeliveryMan December!

 

 

I always forget there are vendor accounts here. I guess that should make me a little weary about posting anything negative about a product, except that I don't really care. If I don't like something, I don't like it, even if it now comes in silver and white color schemes. biggrin.gif

 

I'm still pulling for Doh!cember. I think it would be pretty easily recognizable as a theme (a sudden influx of Homer can't go unnoticed), and of course there's tons of source material to work with. We wouldn't have to all use the same picture, though of course we could if we found a particularly funny or interesting one (the one with the mic and cans isn't bad).

post #658 of 11237

I actually like the Homer Simpson one. Its a unifying easily identifiable image with lots of leeway, we don't even need the same image - although that would be even better.

 

Lets do it. It will be on par with Scotty IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Would we do any alterations?  Or should we all have the exact same thing?

same image with slight variations, same as the current one and the scotty one. But me thinks DOh!cember is better

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

 

I always forget there are vendor accounts here. I guess that should make me a little weary about posting anything negative about a product, except that I don't really care. If I don't like something, I don't like it, even if it now comes in silver and white color schemes. biggrin.gif

 

I'm still pulling for Doh!cember. I think it would be pretty easily recognizable as a theme (a sudden influx of Homer can't go unnoticed), and of course there's tons of source material to work with. We wouldn't have to all use the same picture, though of course we could if we found a particularly funny or interesting one (the one with the mic and cans isn't bad).

Don't worry you can't get banned for ripping vendors - I refer to AKG as unfinished/incomplete/ half assed all the time. But you should have good reason.

 

and yes I agree! Homer baby. 

 

 

Spider pig oh spider pig

post #659 of 11237

Doh!cember it is!

 

Now we just need Homer with a Jordison mask... biggrin.gif


Edited by TrollDragon - 11/13/12 at 12:26pm
post #660 of 11237
Well if it goes that way...... i guess i have picked mine out..... Doh!-Holliday
homer_cowboy.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread