Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 412

post #6166 of 11270

I'm looking at how mine displays with the bars on the top and bottom and I don't like that much at all. Unfortunately, it'd be difficult to reflow the text portions if I cropped the sides to make it square. They'd overlap the figure and it would look wrong that way, too.

 

EDIT: Switched back to Sakaki and Maya for now. I'll figure something out later today for the Joker.


Edited by Argyris - 6/30/13 at 5:54am
post #6167 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

I'm looking at how mine displays with the bars on the top and bottom and I don't like that much at all. Unfortunately, it'd be difficult to reflow the text portions if I cropped the sides to make it square. They'd overlap the figure and it would look wrong that way, too.

EDIT: Switched back to Sakaki and Maya for now. I'll figure something out later today for the Joker.

I hear ya - I'm also having trouble with text placement on my joker. I have 5 versions and I'm not in love with any of them. I like the picture, and I like the text, I'm just not loving the text on the picture... redface.gif
post #6168 of 11270
I've decided that at midnight GMT, I'm switching to July. 10 minutes to go... biggrin.gif
post #6169 of 11270

popcorn.gif

post #6170 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

I've decided that at midnight GMT, I'm switching to July. 10 minutes to go... biggrin.gif

 

I read this message with one minute to go just randomly sitting down at the computer and seeing if there were any new posts in the threads I follow. What are the odds of that?

post #6171 of 11270
I went old school - the original actor to play The Joker - Cesar Romero!



I'm still not happy with the text...
Edited by billybob_jcv - 7/1/13 at 2:46pm
post #6172 of 11270

An admirable selection.

post #6173 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

I went old school - the original actor to play The Joker - Cesar Romero!

tmac6-cesar-romero-joker-batman.jpg


I'm still not happy with the text...

 

The untrained designer in me thinks part of the problem is that the background of repeated ljokerl avatars affects the legibility of the text, which is unfortunate because the inclusion of the avatar is fundamental to how you're tying into the theme.

 

I'm not sure where else you'd put the avatars.

post #6174 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

The untrained designer in me thinks part of the problem is that the background of repeated ljokerl avatars affects the legibility of the text, which is unfortunate because the inclusion of the avatar is fundamental to how you're tying into the theme.

I'm not sure where else you'd put the avatars.
Being a design student (though only first year haha) i would say that the very vibrant colours of the text do not go well with the monotone colour theme of the picture, also it makes it very hard to read and an 'eyesore' which should always be avoided. I would suggest the text to be dark brown instead.
post #6175 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdragon View Post

Being a design student (though only first year haha) i would say that the very vibrant colours of the text do not go well with the monotone colour theme of the picture, also it makes it very hard to read and an 'eyesore' which should always be avoided. I would suggest the text to be dark brown instead.

Like this? I also increased the opacity slightly on the background.

post #6176 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Like this? I also increased the opacity slightly on the background.

Yeah, its much easier on the eye now. Though im still wondering about the swirly allignment of the pic, but i'll leave that to you since it may be important to the idea of the pic. Also sorry for not reading earlier pages lol but what's the '|' for in the text?
post #6177 of 11270
We are honoring ljokerl in July. I used pipes instead of lower case L because I didn't feel like hunting for the correct font.

I think I kind of like this one:


Edited by billybob_jcv - 6/30/13 at 7:42pm
post #6178 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

We are honoring ljokerl in July. I used pipes instead of lower case L because I didn't feel like hunting for the correct font.
Oh yeah no wonder it seemed so familiar.
post #6179 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

We are honoring ljokerl in July. I used pipes instead of lower case L because I didn't feel like hunting for the correct font.

 

It came out pretty good!

post #6180 of 11270

It'd definitely improved. That color catches the ones above it, and the outline around the letters improves legibility. The only criticism now (and there's probably not much that can be done about this, what with those wavy letters) is that the distance between the top of the text and the bottom of the non-obscured portion of the picture is a bit small, so the words kind of fuse with the picture a bit. The middle hump gives the illusion of upward movement, but it kind of looks like the words have hit a ceiling.

 

It's certainly an improvement, though, and overall I like the ideas you used.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread