Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on Yesterday at 12:13 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction: The newest member of Noble Audio’s line of IEMs, the Savant, has taken Head-Fi by storm and has caught the attention of many eager Head-Fier – myself included. Noble’s reputation for...
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 403
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry to drag the thread off topic again (I know, GOD FORBID THAT EVER HAPPENING), but any Grado fans in this thread? I just got back from a pals house where we listened to vinyl, talked about teenage boy stuff, and tore open our SR80iS, and poked two holes each driver. It. Was. Incredible. Seriously, if you haven't done this, do it. no regrets.
How 'bout a "link" or would you elaborate on the G-80's improvements , DIY details , etc .
Basically, we pulled the standard punch two holes in the felt behind the driver, which significantly improved on the weak bass and made them much more punchy and added a low end to these already fantastic cans. If you want to learn more about Grado modding in general, check out http://www.head-fi.org/t/508459/sr60-mod It's a good read.
I remembered enjoying my SR225i almost three years ago. I liked them for what they were, even though they were undeniably colored and that wasn't what I was looking for at the time. Now, I wouldn't mind having them back again for a bit of variety. And, dare I say it, I think Grados look awesome.*
I had my own mod. I slipped a sheet of folded up TP beneath the bowl pad edge and over the drivers. It tamed the high end (though it also seemed to block some of the bass). The main things I remember about those headphones were the speed and the energy. I've never experienced anything since then that had quite that presentation. Soundstage? What's that? Also, the word "subtle" does not apply to these headphones. They were unabashed about what they were: colored and energetic. Oddly enough, I didn't like them all that much for rock (their calling card for most people), but for synth-heavy 80s pop and small ensemble choral (weird, I know!), they were fantastic.
I sent them back only because they had limited genre bandwidth for me. It ended happily since I had HeadRoom send me the DT880 next, but I always kind of regretted not being able to keep that SR225i
*This is why I don't design fashion accessories. Or, depending on how cynical you are, it's an excellent reason why I should start designing fashion accessories.
I'm currently modding my SR80i; i have 3 holes in each driver, new grilles (found some metal mesh somewhere) and each driver is dampened, they have upgraded pads (L cush) and that bit of cloth taken off the front. i regret that because i have fairly long hair.. have to blow into that driver very annoyingly often.
my next stop is handmade RS-1i style cups my friend is making for me and then i am going to buy some silver wire from a hardware store and re-cable them (screw spending $500 on an aftermarket cable! make your own for $50!)
My first name is Alex so i call them my Alexandro's
geddit? ;) ok ill shush.
On a serious note though i recently sold my SR225i to a friend, i sort of regret it, great cans. needed the money for well err more headphones, which is beside the point.. sort of.
We in the UK are a funny bunch.
We spend most of the time complaining about the rain. however, i am not one of these people, i prefer the cold much more to the hot.
Despite everyone constantly complaining about the heat, currently, it is 21C (70F) albeit very very humid.
I wish it was back to 13C, how i like it (55F) and so does everybody else.
Well you are going to hate it when i am then. The temperature in the shade is about 30C with humidity 75-85% and 90% when it rains.
also: new pic for anime august though i'm too early but i don't care i just finished it. (not even sure if august will be anime)
grados look nice, sounds nicer, a great contrast to all those smooth glossy plasticy celebrity headphones.
Edited by streetdragon - 6/21/13 at 8:35am
Lol, beats me. I've very little usable Pokemon knowledge... outside of the fact that it exists.
You need to be educated and brought in as a member of Poke-Fi immediately!
::slowly backs away, then runs away!::
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 31 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 339 IEMs compared (FLC Technology FLC 8 added... 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 4 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 5 minutes ago
- › Final Heaven VII Tour - Reviewers Wanted! 5 minutes ago
- › Current Equivalents or Upgrades to DT-770 Pro / 80 Ohm? 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)