Hit squad? I've never hit anything. Read into that what you will.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on 8/27/15 at 11:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I will mainly be comparing to A65. Build of these is excellent, but not quite as nice as A65 due to the half plastic housing. It is of very high quality though, it shouldn't affect...
Just a short review, as there is really not a lot to say, which is a good thing, nothing to complain about with these. Build is excellent, they feel supremely solid, I mean even 1k+ iems don't...
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Introduction Everyone here and their mothers have heard of the HD600/650. After over 10+ years, the HD600 series still remains a timeless classic, withstanding the test of time with is...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 396
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Anyway, new topic I think. I was just thinking about it: being a Beyer owner carries with it additional complexities due to the whole three different impedances thing. What other headphone than a Premium Beyer has an appreciation thread in which people routinely ask "which one should I get?" Think about that for a moment. Most appreciation threads are just that--a place where people go to shower praise on a particular model. By that point you've already narrowed it down. And yet it isn't that simple for, say, a DT880.
I'm trying to think of other examples. I know that there are different revisions of some models (Audeze comes to mind), some people think there are different revisions of others (blue box M50 anybody?), and there are other cases where a revision of a product is different enough (or aimed at specific customer feedback) that it gets a different name (GR07 Bass Edition, for example). But in all these cases the differences are unplanned, whereas in Beyer's case they made three different versions on purpose.
Can anybody add some other examples of this weird situation, where there are multiple versions of the same basic model?
Edited by Argyris - 6/15/13 at 11:22pm
A frustrating read, though oddly amusing.
People were pretty damned mean to him right out of the gate, I can see why he was so defensive.
You're right, there definitely was some hostility there. However, as it wound along many folks who were earnestly trying to help him were quite understandably frustrated. He point blank refused to accept their advice. I initially thought after Eric's outing of his escapades in other audio communities that he might be deliberately stirring up trouble, but now I'm not so sure.
As I said, I'm torn about him. I admit to finding his threads (and the reactions he gets) amusing, but I have always responded as helpfully as I can. Looking a little more closely at his long history of similar behavior on other sites, I can only conclude that he very dearly needs help. I feel sympathy, and I also feel remorse that I may have gotten a bit carried away a few posts ago in what I thought at the time was uncovering a rather successful troll.
I regret that I brought all this up with my comment about seeing the V150 in the wild. I really think we should talk about other things now.
OH GREAT TMACIANS, I need a second opinion about something
can someone look at the second picture and tell me if that looks like its bent/damaged where it says "T1" on the Adjusters?
I think it is and it raises questions about how they were treated for me, and i was considering them until now but i'm just not sure anymore.
Doesn't look bent to me but it could just be the lighting, that is fairly heavy gauge metal on the forks, but anything can be bent if one tries.
Ask the seller to take some better pictures with the forks fully extended of both left and right, and flat out ask him if they are bent. If he swears they are not, you can always PayPal claim for misrepresented damaged goods, but let him know this up front.
Done with dinner. Now looking for Haagen-Dazs Dulce de Lech to help me finish off Heat vs Spurs.
Edited by Silent One - 6/16/13 at 6:29pm
Okay gents, this is last nights haul from HPB in dallas. I got all of this for no joke, $15. impressions? (BTW I thought I'd love Yessongs because it's got ALL of Close to the Edge on it, but ITS LIVE. AND TERRIBLY RECORDED )
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.3 - July 2, 2015 2 seconds ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 19 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › Cable the missing link between me and the music paradise 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2