Hit squad? I've never hit anything. Read into that what you will.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on 7/6/15 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 396
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Anyway, new topic I think. I was just thinking about it: being a Beyer owner carries with it additional complexities due to the whole three different impedances thing. What other headphone than a Premium Beyer has an appreciation thread in which people routinely ask "which one should I get?" Think about that for a moment. Most appreciation threads are just that--a place where people go to shower praise on a particular model. By that point you've already narrowed it down. And yet it isn't that simple for, say, a DT880.
I'm trying to think of other examples. I know that there are different revisions of some models (Audeze comes to mind), some people think there are different revisions of others (blue box M50 anybody?), and there are other cases where a revision of a product is different enough (or aimed at specific customer feedback) that it gets a different name (GR07 Bass Edition, for example). But in all these cases the differences are unplanned, whereas in Beyer's case they made three different versions on purpose.
Can anybody add some other examples of this weird situation, where there are multiple versions of the same basic model?
Edited by Argyris - 6/15/13 at 11:22pm
A frustrating read, though oddly amusing.
People were pretty damned mean to him right out of the gate, I can see why he was so defensive.
You're right, there definitely was some hostility there. However, as it wound along many folks who were earnestly trying to help him were quite understandably frustrated. He point blank refused to accept their advice. I initially thought after Eric's outing of his escapades in other audio communities that he might be deliberately stirring up trouble, but now I'm not so sure.
As I said, I'm torn about him. I admit to finding his threads (and the reactions he gets) amusing, but I have always responded as helpfully as I can. Looking a little more closely at his long history of similar behavior on other sites, I can only conclude that he very dearly needs help. I feel sympathy, and I also feel remorse that I may have gotten a bit carried away a few posts ago in what I thought at the time was uncovering a rather successful troll.
I regret that I brought all this up with my comment about seeing the V150 in the wild. I really think we should talk about other things now.
OH GREAT TMACIANS, I need a second opinion about something
can someone look at the second picture and tell me if that looks like its bent/damaged where it says "T1" on the Adjusters?
I think it is and it raises questions about how they were treated for me, and i was considering them until now but i'm just not sure anymore.
Doesn't look bent to me but it could just be the lighting, that is fairly heavy gauge metal on the forks, but anything can be bent if one tries.
Ask the seller to take some better pictures with the forks fully extended of both left and right, and flat out ask him if they are bent. If he swears they are not, you can always PayPal claim for misrepresented damaged goods, but let him know this up front.
Done with dinner. Now looking for Haagen-Dazs Dulce de Lech to help me finish off Heat vs Spurs.
Edited by Silent One - 6/16/13 at 6:29pm
Okay gents, this is last nights haul from HPB in dallas. I got all of this for no joke, $15. impressions? (BTW I thought I'd love Yessongs because it's got ALL of Close to the Edge on it, but ITS LIVE. AND TERRIBLY RECORDED )
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › Westone W40 1 minute ago
- › Need headphone and AMP/DAC recommendation for DnB,Dubstep and EDM... 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 4 minutes ago
- › hd25-1 impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › K10 custom cable recommend please 7 minutes ago
- › Question about kaiser 10 custom 10 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 11 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3