Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 337

post #5041 of 11274
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Sure, but you're coming back soon right?  I ask because they're starting to ask questions about gear that I've never heard... forces me to pull Silent Ones left and right.  Oh Lordy, why do I get the feeling that the flatulence jokes are gonna start soon?

Out of the 60 new posts....I've loaded up 13 - pretty much the lowest ratio of stuff I've ever had to quote ever. This is definitely a 2-person job.

Did I say thanks because thanks ~~

 

Oh, yeah, I'm back. Was out the whole day yesterday.

post #5042 of 11274

Ah... a rejuvenated TwinQY. Returns holding a glass of fresh squeezed Pineapple juice with 33% more Vitamin C than frozen concentrate (not really... or does it?). Welcome back! 

 

I've been meaning to stop by and see what my two fellow members are up two. If I can assist, I'll reach out.


Edited by Silent One - 5/11/13 at 3:58pm
post #5043 of 11274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Ah... a rejuvenated TwinQY. Returns holding a glass of fresh squeezed Pineapple juice with 33% more Vitamin C than frozen concentrate (not really... or does it?). Welcome back! 

 

I've been meaning to stop by and see what my two fellow members are up two. If I can assist, I'll reach out.

Fully revitalized.

Only for a day though so it's not exactly a big deal....although I can't say much for later this week. Poor Warren :(

 

If you've got a hankering or aptitude for portable gear, and have a few minutes of spare time on your hand, this thread has been ignored by the general public for much too long - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Even asking someone else or redirecting another over there would be immensely helpful.


 

Has anyone else been suffering terribly slow loading times on their subscriptions?


Edited by TwinQY - 5/11/13 at 4:17pm
post #5044 of 11274
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Fully revitalized.

lol'd so hard. the memories. 

post #5045 of 11274
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

 

Fully revitalized.

 

Only for a day though so it's not exactly a big deal....although I can't say much for later this week. Poor Warren :(

 

If you've got a hankering or aptitude for portable gear, and have a few minutes of spare time on your hand, this thread has been ignored by the general public for much too long - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Even asking someone else or redirecting another over there would be immensely helpful.


 

Has anyone else been suffering terribly slow loading times on their subscriptions?

 

Nope, 'Silent One's' experience has been fast and silent... stealth?! tongue_smile.gif

 

I've been removed from the Portables scene for some time. But when I did, I enjoyed a SONY DAT TCD-8 corder. Used Sony buds of the mid-90's with great satisfaction. It still sounded pristine in 2012 (using the Denon D7000)! Will give others direction over to the thread when I become aware of related posts.


Edited by Silent One - 5/11/13 at 5:24pm
post #5046 of 11274
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Sure, but you're coming back soon right?  I ask because they're starting to ask questions about gear that I've never heard... forces me to pull Silent Ones left and right.  Oh Lordy, why do I get the feeling that the flatulence jokes are gonna start soon?

 

Out of the 60 new posts....I've loaded up 13 - pretty much the lowest ratio of stuff I've ever had to quote ever. This is definitely a 2-person job.

Did I say thanks because thanks ~~

 

Oh, yeah, I'm back. Was out the whole day yesterday.

 

Always welcome!  Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a permanent vacation because then eek.gif mad.gif frown.gif ... biggrin.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Ah... a rejuvenated TwinQY. Returns holding a glass of fresh squeezed Pineapple juice with 33% more Vitamin C than frozen concentrate (not really... or does it?). Welcome back! 

 

I've been meaning to stop by and see what my two fellow members are up two. If I can assist, I'll reach out.

 

Yay!  smile.gif  My most common response to any given question in that thread:  "I haven't heard it."  frown.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Poor Warren :(

 

Kinda caught me off guard.  Didn't think that many people had rec requests.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

If you've got a hankering or aptitude for portable gear, and have a few minutes of spare time on your hand, this thread has been ignored by the general public for much too long - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Even asking someone else or redirecting another over there would be immensely helpful.

 

+1

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Has anyone else been suffering terribly slow loading times on their subscriptions?

 

OMG YES!  What's up with that then?

post #5047 of 11274
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Always welcome!  Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a permanent vacation because then eek.gif mad.gif frown.gif ... biggrin.gif

Guess my plans for Sunday through Wednesday are ruined then....:P

I'll try and stay on as often as possible. But just so happens that next week in particular...ehh.

 

Quote:

Kinda caught me off guard.  Didn't think that many people had rec requests.

It gets tiring. Sometimes I get a bit ragged afterwards but usually there's no one to back me up on it or to cover me so I often have to suck it up.

60 in two days is fairly busy, I remember 100-120 in one day before but that was during the holidays when people were keen on buying stuff. Had to stay on the whole day, not that I minded as I usually don't go out for Christmas anyways.

 

Quote:

Yay!  smile.gif  My most common response to any given question in that thread:  "I haven't heard it."  frown.gif

This happens 2/10 of the time. Always hard to swallow, especially when they come up and call you out for not answering it.

Always good to have someone to cover though, Doc used to be on there and we'd tag-team.

 

Quote:

+1

+2 to your +1

 

Quote:
OMG YES!  What's up with that then?

It was like this a few months back but I haven't come across it for a while now. Only today. 

I'd start a new thread on the feedback forums but I can't find the old thread where I complained about it...or maybe it was just a PM.

post #5048 of 11274
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Has anyone else been suffering terribly slow loading times on their subscriptions?

 

OMG YES!  What's up with that then?

 

I've been loading all day without incident... speed kills. Does the aforementioned slow down suggest I'm headed for a blink.gif"Speed trap?!"

post #5049 of 11274

We might be pre-beta testers for their new and improved ultra-slow subscription feed - "take time to savour every hour of loading with our newly innovative engine"

post #5050 of 11274

If this is being done in a Roll-out type manner, my region might be next. normal_smile%20.gif

post #5051 of 11274
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Always welcome!  Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a permanent vacation because then eek.gif mad.gif frown.gif ... biggrin.gif

 

Guess my plans for Sunday through Wednesday are ruined then....:P

I'll try and stay on as often as possible. But just so happens that next week in particular...ehh.

 

Nah, I got your back.  Do what you gotta do.  Worst case scenario is that people gotta wait a little longer to get answers... not exactly a crime.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Quote:

Kinda caught me off guard.  Didn't think that many people had rec requests.

 

It gets tiring. Sometimes I get a bit ragged afterwards but usually there's no one to back me up on it or to cover me so I often have to suck it up.

60 in two days is fairly busy, I remember 100-120 in one day before but that was during the holidays when people were keen on buying stuff. Had to stay on the whole day, not that I minded as I usually don't go out for Christmas anyways.

 

Well, I'll be there so you won't have to face it alone.  Still even if the two of us are enough, is that truly optimal?  We need to recruit more.  You know who'd be perfect for it right?  Mupps.  It would be absolutely hilarious if she could write something super long with circular reasoning (and pics of something cute) that basically make people be quiet for a few hours because they so don't get it.  I think that'd be pretty funny.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

 

Quote:

Yay!  smile.gif  My most common response to any given question in that thread:  "I haven't heard it."  frown.gif

 

This happens 2/10 of the time. Always hard to swallow, especially when they come up and call you out for not answering it.

Always good to have someone to cover though, Doc used to be on there and we'd tag-team.

 

Oh I can handle the pride thing.  Hey, if I haven't heard it, then I haven't heard it right?  Hmm, maybe I'm really b**ching about lack of gear.  Wish MalVeauX were still around.  Hint, hint man whom we honor this month... wink.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

 

Quote:

+1

 

+2 to your +1

 

You complete me.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Quote:
OMG YES!  What's up with that then?

 

It was like this a few months back but I haven't come across it for a while now. Only today. 

I'd start a new thread on the feedback forums but I can't find the old thread where I complained about it...or maybe it was just a PM.

 

LOL, I gotta presume that some dude at Huddler is noticing a server getting hammered.  May not need to complain about it.  IT people are smart and responsive.  Hold your tongue Billy.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

I've been loading all day without incident... speed kills.

 

Speed is fine.  It's sudden deceleration that tends to cause problems.

post #5052 of 11274

And I thought speed wuz a drug......

 

Aw, I shoulda used the hash key

 

I only ever drink coke.  Never with ice.

 

I'm having a crack at recreational substances.

 

My mind must be going to pot.

post #5053 of 11274
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Nah, I got your back.  Do what you gotta do.  Worst case scenario is that people gotta wait a little longer to get answers... not exactly a crime.

*Back to our regularly scheduled schedule of threatening redheads with large pipes along with Id, inceptionally baking pineapple pina coladas within pina coladas (no banana), steaming the carpets in order to get the fish ramen stock smell, and drooling over FitEars* -  whoops, could have sworn this was the diary thread.

 

It is sort of a crime since they usually forget about it or they've found a sale and need to get it in a hurry. Sometimes I'm a week late to replying and I feel awfully guilty about it.

 

Well, I'll be there so you won't have to face it alone.  Still even if the two of us are enough, is that truly optimal?  We need to recruit more.  You know who'd be perfect for it right?  Mupps.  It would be absolutely hilarious if she could write something super long with circular reasoning (and pics of something cute) that basically make people be quiet for a few hours because they so don't get it.  I think that'd be pretty funny.

I've been trying to recruit for months. TBH you're the first one that stepped up to it and didn't leave after a day. Sadly :(

Muppet would be great as some of the people there go in lacking some fundamental concepts (most often concerning value), and their criteria/statements can be ripe with semantical errors. She'd give a stern talking to.

I'd still love to get some other people on board to take off the load, since most of us are in different time zones. 

 

Oh I can handle the pride thing.  Hey, if I haven't heard it, then I haven't heard it right?  Hmm, maybe I'm really b**ching about lack of gear.  Wish MalVeauX were still around.  Hint, hint man whom we honor this month... wink.gif

Who's that? confused.gif

 

You complete me.

Lol I'm not sure the person I'm seeing would be happy to hear about that.

 

LOL, I gotta presume that some dude at Huddler is noticing a server getting hammered.  May not need to complain about it.  IT people are smart and responsive.  Hold your tongue Billy

I somehow anticipated that before I even finished reading the sentence. Totally on the ball today. 

Yeah, I used to lurk the Diary thread. Used to lurk so heavily it was almost uncanny.

 

Speed is fine.  It's sudden deceleration that tends to cause problems.

I dunno....it's not called Need For Deceleration for anything....


Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post

And I thought speed wuz a drug......

 

Aw, I shoulda used the hash key

 

I only ever drink coke.  Never with ice.

 

I'm having a crack at recreational substances.

 

My mind must be going to pot.

Perhaps some of the greatest puns to ever grace H-F.

post #5054 of 11274
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post

And I thought speed wuz a drug......

 

Aw, I shoulda used the hash key

 

I only ever drink coke.  Never with ice.

 

I'm having a crack at recreational substances.

 

My mind must be going to pot.

you drink cocaine?!

post #5055 of 11274
Just because *I* am smart and responsive doesn't mean all "IT people" are the same. wink.gif

In my shop, I want the users to submit tickets when they see a problem - at least until I have made some sort of announcement concerning the issue. A "smart and responsive" IT manager knows that communicating quickly and proactively to the users helps tremendously. Unfortunately, the typical IT response to one complaint of "the internet is slow" is to assume the user currently has 53 browser windows open, or is streaming the basketball game over their Verizon 3G connection or hasn't actually shutdown their workstation in 7 months and has 94 patches pending - and that user will likely be ignored, or at most sent the standard email: "Delete all browser temp files, and reboot your workstation." However, if 10 tickets all come in at the same time complaining about the network speed - then someone is probably going to at least check speedtest.net...

Oh - and my forum speed is fine... tongue.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread