Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 255

post #3811 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Calligraphy is something I never attempted... nor ever drawn to. But I do love writing with regular fountain pens. Oh, how they glide across my French paper!

 

I once had an A.T. Cross Radiance in marble green. It was the absolute best writing experience I've ever had. It was unfailingly smooth, its line had perfectly consistent width and never pooled at the ends of strokes, and it felt wonderful in the hand. It came with a piston, which I used after the starter cartridge ran out. I thought that was the niftiest thing. Of course I lost the damned thing somewhere in the halls at school. Either somebody knew on sight it was worth a lot (c'mon, it had gold plating all over it), or else somebody who knew I had it and who didn't like me (I wasn't very popular in middle school) recognized it and picked it up and kept it out of spite.

 

My Pilot Metal Falcons have the larger CON-70 converter that holds more ink than standard converters; less fill-ups. wink.gif

post #3812 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Calligraphy is something I never attempted... nor ever drawn to. But I do love writing with regular fountain pens. Oh, how they glide across my French paper!

I know what you mean....

I switched to ball-points because I scribble too fast and too much. If you ever get the notion, try Visconti Gel Ballpoint refills in 1.0mm (not the regular ones). They fit any standard parker-style pen. I use mine in my lava rock Visconti. For a ballpoint they are dreamy the way they glide. Next best thing.
post #3813 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Calligraphy is something I never attempted... nor ever drawn to. But I do love writing with regular fountain pens. Oh, how they glide across my French paper!

I know what you mean....

I switched to ball-points because I scribble too fast and too much. If you ever get the notion, try Visconti Gel Ballpoint refills in 1.0mm (not the regular ones). They fit any standard parker-style pen. I use mine in my lava rock Visconti. For a ballpoint they are dreamy the way they glide. Next best thing.

 

While Rodeo Drive (BevHills) seems to get all the press, Rhodia Drive (rhodiadrive.com) is a worthy destinationwink_face.gif as well.

post #3814 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

While Rodeo Drive (BevHills) seems to get all the press, Rhodia Drive (rhodiadrive.com) is a worthy destinationwink_face.gif as well.

Gasp. Shameless self-promotion? Might you be a CEO of some multi-national conglomerate notepad companies who's playing us all as fools?

 

The very day when I see shills on H-F will be a said day indeed winkwink

 

Anyways my contribution to the pen discussion - 

Get some proper pencils you snarks tongue.gif

post #3815 of 11237

Just a quick word on next month's theme y'all.  I'm not sure exactly what direction we're going in yet... so please feel free to contribute ideas.  Going by that, I'm obviously not suggesting that the album cover I made earlier is anything more than just doodling.  So, a lot of stuff is still up in the air.  As April approaches, we must [reluctantly] get on-topic sometime just so we're not swamped at the end of the month.  Having said that...

 

Here are a couple of updates to the animal friends:

 

 

I've added Currawong as an honorary thing.  I've also changed the little yellow chick to a duckling for some more variety.  And I've changed the blue buggy into a flutterby.  If I've forgotten anyone, please remind me.

post #3816 of 11237

The Currawong is killing me... great! biggrin.gif

post #3817 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

While Rodeo Drive (BevHills) seems to get all the press, Rhodia Drive (rhodiadrive.com) is a worthy destinationwink_face.gif as well.

Gasp. Shameless self-promotion? Might you be a CEO of some multi-national conglomerate notepad companies who's playing us all as fools?

 

The very day when I see shills on H-F will be a said day indeed winkwink

 

Anyways my contribution to the pen discussion - 

Get some proper pencils you snarks tongue.gif

 

It's pure coincidence I suppose. But, I worked a number of years just 1 block West of Rodeo Drive (I could look out at the Flagship Louis Vuitton store) and used Rhodia Notepads nearly all my life. That the two "Drives" would converge for me... rolleyes.gif

 

I also love Rhodia pencils - three-sided and won't roll off the desk. Plus I like black!

 

 

rhodia-pencils-set-of-10-prh100-1.jpg


Edited by Silent One - 3/24/13 at 12:39am
post #3818 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Just a quick word on next month's theme y'all.  I'm not sure exactly what direction we're going in yet... so please feel free to contribute ideas.  Going by that, I'm obviously not suggesting that the album cover I made earlier is anything more than just doodling.  So, a lot of stuff is still up in the air.  As April approaches, we must [reluctantly] get on-topic sometime just so we're not swamped at the end of the month.  Having said that...

 

Here are a couple of updates to the animal friends:

 

 

I've added Currawong as an honorary thing.  I've also changed the little yellow chick to a duckling for some more variety.  And I've changed the blue buggy into a flutterby.  If I've forgotten anyone, please remind me.

If I point out that I'm very upset that the cute puke-green chicken bird got replaced with the big bad black bird will I likely get banned? :3

poor little puke-green bird never did anything wrong.

I suppose the elephant's Jude then very_evil_smiley.gif Reminds me of the 20-driver Sleek Audio CIEM writeup. Elephant ears...hehe

 

The album art is quite good as it is. Maybe just stick with tattooing the animals on the chest to differentiate one another so that people won't complain about lacking originality? Then everyone would have the same avatars (essentially), there'd be less confusion.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

It's pure coincidence I suppose. But, I worked a number of years just 1 block West of Rodeo Drive (I could look out at the Flagship Louis Vuitton store) and used Rhodia Notepads nearly all my life. That the two "Drives" would converge for me... rolleyes.gif

 

I also love Rhodia pencils - three-sided and won't roll off the desk. Plus I like black!

Three-sided penci-

Blasphamy! Blasphamy I say!

(I like Uni-balls and...well already mentioned on diary thread.)


Edited by TwinQY - 3/24/13 at 12:44am
post #3819 of 11237
What's the theme for April?
post #3820 of 11237

I have an idea Animal friend April?

post #3821 of 11237
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post


Careful, you're gonna piss off jgray91 again...

You might as well, if you keep harping about it. I've put it behind, block list updated, bridges burned. End of story.
post #3822 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

The Currawong is killing me... great! biggrin.gif

 

Thanks, it was hard doing cute and vigilant at the same time.  wink.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

It's pure coincidence I suppose. But, I worked a number of years just 1 block West of Rodeo Drive (I could look out at the Flagship Louis Vuitton store)

 

And you might again!  smile.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

If I point out that I'm very upset that the cute puke-green chicken bird got replaced with the big bad black bird will I likely get banned? :3

poor little puke-green bird never did anything wrong.

 

Oh, he's not gone... he's just hiding behind Currawong all safe and sound.  Puke-green bird is alive and well, and headed to a petting zoo for a life of playtime with little children.  We're gonna have him for dinner but you don't need to know that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

I suppose the elephant's Jude then very_evil_smiley.gif Reminds me of the 20-driver Sleek Audio CIEM writeup. Elephant ears...hehe

 

That would definitely be fitting, him being the big head honcho here.  Although, being Jude, he can be whatever he wants.  All he has to do is lemme know what he fancies.  Maybe he could be like the one human (also an animal) out of the bunch?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

The album art is quite good as it is. Maybe just stick with tattooing the animals on the chest to differentiate one another so that people won't complain about lacking originality? Then everyone would have the same avatars (essentially), there'd be less confusion.

 

Hmm, maybe we could all design an album cover together by committee?  That would be fun!  biggrin.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

What's the theme for April?

 

Hey Juan, good seeing you here.  As of this moment, it's Audiophiliac April... "audiophiliac" referring to Steve Guttenberg.  Come join in the fun!  smile.gif

 

Oops, looks like you're taking a break.  Well, here's to hoping you're only gone temporarily!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post

I have an idea Animal friend April?

 

LOL, I was thinking of something along the lines of how we're gonna implement the approved theme, as opposed to changing the theme.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Careful, you're gonna piss off jgray91 again...

You might as well, if you keep harping about it. I've put it behind, block list updated, bridges burned. End of story.

 

Haha, okay, okay.  Take it easy.  smile.gif  Just trying to keep things calm here.

post #3823 of 11237
I like the idea of tattooing our animals on the chest. Great work Warrenpchi!!
post #3824 of 11237
Okay guys, sorry for the double post but I had to share this. I wrote a parody of 'Nobody Home' by Pink Floyd called 'No Jude Home'

I've got a wooden cabinet holding my LP's in
I've got a bag with interconnects in
When I'm a good boy they sometimes throw me a record in
I got rubber bands keeping my rig together
Got those late 60's blues.
Got 13,000 records in my cabinet to choose from
I've got vacuum tubes
And I've got balanced ouputs
I've got amazing powers of amplification
And that is how I know
When I try to get through
On my headphones to you
There'll be no Jude home
I've got the obligatory 'Kind of Blue' LP
And I've got the inevitable shorted cables
All down the cord of my favorite pair of Grados
I've got soldering burns on my fingers
I've got a magnepan speaker rig
I've got an electrostatic rig to prop up my mortal remains
I've got wild listening ears
I've got a strong urge to upgrade
But I've got nothing better to go to
Ooooh Babe when I pick up my headphones
There's still no Jude home
I've got a pair of Orpheus 'phones
And I've got fading tubes.
post #3825 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Oh, he's not gone... he's just hiding behind Currawong all safe and sound.  Puke-green bird is alive and well, and headed to a petting zoo for a life of playtime with little children.  We're gonna have him for dinner but you don't need to know that.

Darn it Warren. I thought I had a funny reflection on my matte screen until I highlighted everything...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread