Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on 4/23/15 at 10:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Firstly, I'd like to thank @H20Fidelity for including me on this tour. It's always a great experience and privilege to be a part of such a great community which organises these tours for members...
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample of Turbo X provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 179
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Have you all come up with a title for February's Theme / Name?
Be Weary February
Get Airy February
How do any of those strike you?
Edited by NA Blur - 2/6/13 at 11:52am
I thought we were going with InnerFidelity February.
Already done.....InnerFidelity February. hence all the avatars like mine.
Q: Hey Warren, where the heck are you?
A: Nowhere, really. (Click to show)
I've [largely] been in bed. Even though I had made it through the entire show (CES), that sea of germs inevitably overcame the biological wonder that is my immune system. It all began the Saturday after the show...
I came home and immediately went to bed as I felt under the weather. That began a five-day odyssey through every known flu symptom you've ever heard of (and probably some that you haven't). And yes, this includes all of the truly interesting symptoms that involve bodily fluids. As if that weren't enough, I also became extremely weak over the course of those five days as I didn't eat anything (the nausea made it hard to keep anything down).
And then, there was the fever. On one hand, I scored a new personal best having reached 106ºF (106.5ºF to be precise). Woo hoo! OTOH, I experienced an entirely new level of delerium as a result. I won't get into the increasingly ridiculous world views I adopted in quick succession during this fever, but let's just say that driver8's dreams pale in comparison.
BTW, I used to think it was slightly comical that people used to die of Influenza. I no longer hold that opinion.
So after a good week of this flu from hell, things get even better. And by better I mean worse. Turns out that I had developed a secondary bacterial pneumonia on top of the Influenza. Wow, I've never had a pneumonia before... looks like another first for me! By now, I'm sicker than you can possibly imagine, and taking a course of antibiotics to help manage the pneumonia.
I'm also starting to get pretty cranky as I haven't had a good nights' sleep in some time. I'd try, only to be awakened every 30 minutes or so because my lungs suddenly felt the need to invert themselves, which would then necessitate me violently coughing them into submission. This is largely how I spent my second week after CES.
Now we're in the third week after CES, and I find myself in uncharted territory. While my flu/pneumonia based suffering is FINALLY being put in-check, I am experiencing a host of new conditions that frankly don't thrill me. Between an eye infection, an ear infection, and various lingering symptoms, I still feel pretty darn crappy. I've also [and involuntarily] lost about 10% of my body weight over the past few weeks.
Oh wait, I forgot about the best part! Because of the nausea and the respiratory difficulties, I have been unable to enjoy coffee and cigarettes for nearly three weeks now. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal - especially for those of you who don't drink coffee or smoke. But I can assure you that the detrimental side of caffeine and nicotine withdrawal is very real, and very hard to deal with.
In short, I've been nowhere special. Just in my own personal hell.
A: Of course I am. (Click to show)
Q: Are you coming back anytime soon?
It might take a little while for me to get back to full strength, but I'll be around more and more over the next week or so.
In the meantime, thanks to everyone who has been asking about me. I really do appreciate the thoughts. I know I've been slow with the PM responses, but I'll get back in the saddle soon.
Having said all that, looks I missed out on quite a lot here. Wow, even Tyll's been making an appearance.
Are you planning on continuing smoking and drinking coffee after this ordeal? Sounds like a good time to just kick the habit since you were forced to. Down the road you'll appreciate it for sure (less health issues like the ones you are having now....). I figured since you already went through the withdrawals symptoms the worst part is past or is almost over by now :). Hope you get better soon. I know what it is like to be sick as a dog. I remember having Mononucleosis in High school. That sucked ass big time.... I was sick for well over a month. Probably 2 months. No energy. Lost a bunch of weight. On top of the got pink eye in both eyes... Woke up one day with it in one eye. The next day the other..... The doctors appointments to get my throat cut so they could drain the fluids was both painful and nasty. I remember the lady using this razor blade to make the incisions and used this tube to suck out all the blood....
I also remember having a flue where I couldn't hold anything down at all. Not even water. I had to be hospitalized. If not I'd have died of dehydration. I had to be nourished via IV for a couple days before I could go home. I remember I was the first in the emergency room and then all of a sudden they got slammed. A bunch of others came in with the same symptoms. The sound of hearing a bunch of people Ralph is not pretty....
Edited by lee730 - 2/7/13 at 12:54am
Have you had dinner? And then there's dessert before you settle into a listening session tonight...
Edited by Silent One - 2/9/13 at 5:32pm
I just finished shoveling the walkway for the building... Doesnt take long to fill back in. Coffee and a good listening session is in order maybe a little Brian Eno to relax, Another green world possibly.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › Three Word Story 37 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 38 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 49 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 4 minutes ago
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2