Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 177

post #2641 of 11291

Something I threw together. No, he's not supposed to be santa...

 

post #2642 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurosonic View Post

Something I threw together. No, he's not supposed to be santa...

 

woah well done! We look like brothers, one good one evil

post #2643 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurosonic View Post

Something I threw together. No, he's not supposed to be santa...

 

 

I'll have to explain all my impure thoughts about Beats and Bose to him someday, hopefully many years from now. biggrin.gif

 

Awesome avatar!

 

If I do take a stab at making a custom one, it'll have to be in a few days since I had the terrible misfortune of cracking my laptop's screen. I've got a new one on its way, which will be here on Wednesday. One good thing came out of it at least. I had a choice of glossy or matte, and I went with the latter. I'm tired of the overhead fluorescents on campus shining up the screen.

 

Also, I just realized what this avatar reminds me of:

 


Edited by Argyris - 2/4/13 at 5:51am
post #2644 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

woah well done! We look like brothers, one good one evil

 

The good and evil side of Head-Fi biggrin.gif

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argyris View Post

 

I'll have to explain all my impure thoughts about Beats and Bose to him someday, hopefully many years from now. biggrin.gif

 

Awesome avatar!

 

If I do take a stab at making a custom one, it'll have to be in a few days since I had the terrible misfortune of cracking my laptop's screen. I've got a new one on its way, which will be here on Wednesday. One good thing came out of it at least. I had a choice of glossy or matte, and I went with the latter. I'm tired of the overhead fluorescents on campus shining up the screen.

 

Also, I just realized what this avatar reminds me of:

 

 

Don't worry, he'll forgive you.

 

Ouch, bad luck. Luckily I haven't done anything like that to my laptop yet *knocks on wood*

post #2645 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

Better?

Limited shop skillz sorry...

 

looks like a dog :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

I think people are just not meant to look like pandas.

LOL

 

Luckily, I had the presence of mind to read Head-Fi first, you know...get caught up on threads before fixin' my afternoon tea. Or I would have been cleaning my keyboard.

dt880smile.png

post #2646 of 11291

Another quick one I did. If someone wanted to use the first one I made feel free.

 

At least now we know why he's wearing tropical floral shirts all the time.

 

post #2647 of 11291

Aha! tongue_smile.gif

post #2648 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurosonic View Post

Another quick one I did. If someone wanted to use the first one I made feel free.

At least now we know why he's wearing tropical floral shirts all the time.


Did you draw that? Nice job! redface.gif
post #2649 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


Did you draw that? Nice job! redface.gif

 

Thanks.

 

No I didn't draw it, it was done in Photoshop tongue.gif

post #2650 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurosonic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Did you draw that? Nice job! redface.gif

Thanks.

No I didn't draw it, it was done in Photoshop tongue.gif
That's what I meant, but did you make the textures? Nonetheless, it's AMAZING!!!
post #2651 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Luckily, I had the presence of mind to read Head-Fi first, you know...get caught up on threads before fixin' my afternoon tea. Or I would have been cleaning my keyboard.

dt880smile.png

Time to key those spill proof keyboards. Atleast its not that bad, I have had beer out of my nose. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurosonic View Post

Another quick one I did. If someone wanted to use the first one I made feel free.

 

At least now we know why he's wearing tropical floral shirts all the time.

 

Very nice :P if I had to nitpick (and I know no1 else saw this) then I would say the light sources are from different directions.

But its good to have a shopper in the house, with me too busy and my pc busted, and Warren dying, and Doc Holliday MIA, so thanks!

post #2652 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Luckily, I had the presence of mind to read Head-Fi first, you know...get caught up on threads before fixin' my afternoon tea. Or I would have been cleaning my keyboard.

dt880smile.png

:) glad I don't drink anything while on here either

post #2653 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Luckily, I had the presence of mind to read Head-Fi first, you know...get caught up on threads before fixin' my afternoon tea. Or I would have been cleaning my keyboard.

dt880smile.png

:) glad I don't drink anything while on here either

Oh, I don't mind having something wonderful to drink while I read. But earlier at the time I had just woken up - went to bed post sunrise - so, I read the LA Times and Head-Fi after emerging from the bath. And I couldn't stop laughing! That post was way unexpected...didn't quite know what the (edit) I was looking at!

post #2654 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


That's what I meant, but did you make the textures? Nonetheless, it's AMAZING!!!

 

Yup I added the oil painting filter, I tried to make it look like a postcard you could send to friends or family while on vacation. Certainly looks like Tyll is having a good time.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

 Very nice :P if I had to nitpick (and I know no1 else saw this) then I would say the light sources are from different directions.

But its good to have a shopper in the house, with me too busy and my pc busted, and Warren dying, and Doc Holliday MIA, so thanks!

 

No problem, I had been meaning to join in for a while now. Jude January would have been fun to do.

 

Wow you're right, the lighting is all wrong. I never would have noticed tongue.gif

post #2655 of 11291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurosonic View Post

 

 

No problem, I had been meaning to join in for a while now. Jude January would have been fun to do.

 

Wow you're right, the lighting is all wrong. I never would have noticed tongue.gif

 

That's okay. Thomas Kinkade's paintings often have at least three different light sources and nobody seems to complain. He was supposed to be the Painter of Light, not Lightstongue.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread