You know you right!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on Yesterday at 11:34 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 12/6/14 at 4:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Weird. I find myself actually enjoying the Telarc Previn / RPO version of The Planets. I've always felt it was a crappy-sounding recording, but for some reason it doesn't sound so bad to me today. Still not my favorite performance, but whatever.
I know! Just like they said in the video, even though I knew what was happening, and with my linguistics background I could even classify the sounds he was making, what my eyes told me was what my ears heard.
Judging from the one review of yours that I read, and your always erudite comments here, I have no doubt.
Yep. I can speak American English, audiophile, and computer geek.
Seriously, I do know a bit of German. Linguistics is about the study of language, not necessarily the personal mastery of multiple languages.
Through which cans?
BTW, how do you feel about John Eliot Gardner's Mass in B-minor? People seem to either love it or hate it. I am of the former.
Anybody know of how to order from Amazon.co.jp and ship stuff through Tenso? I have an Amazon acc. myself (as useful as it is outside the main countries Amazon supports (non for Malaysia and Russia)) but can't seem to use that one to order from amazon jp. I think I need a separate account for it?
No idea. Might even need a Japanese Head-Fier to help you. Hmm, who here lives in Japan??? Oh I know, this month's avatar theme is a clue!
The DT880. I wouldn't even bother with the SRH440 with this recording. The main problem I have with it is that the production is extremely dull and kind of muddy in the low end. The performance is competent, but the sound puts a damper on the whole thing. The DT880 at least tries to give the performance some breath, and I guess earlier today I was in the right mood or something because it wasn't as uninspiring as usual.
I'm looking into that Gardiner recording now that you've mentioned it. I'd heard something a long time ago about him (must have been when I was in the high school choir), and looking at some reviews I can see what you're saying about the polarization. I almost don't want to hear it yet, at least until I've tried a good "safe" rendering, so as to better appreciate what he's done differently.
Have you ever heard Kleiber's interpretation of Beethoven's Fifth? That's another one that's very controversial, and unfortunately it was my first recording of the work so it did kind of taint me listening to others.
BTW, which review(s) are you working on? The RHA ones? I didn't want to get the Beyer thread off topic, so I figured I'd bring it back here.
Edited by Argyris - 12/24/12 at 1:48am
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 7 seconds ago
- › How to try almost all products that great reviews and/or specs. 16 seconds ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Best mid price IEMs 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 3 minutes ago
- › X1 Custom Firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3