You know you right!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on Yesterday at 12:13 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Weird. I find myself actually enjoying the Telarc Previn / RPO version of The Planets. I've always felt it was a crappy-sounding recording, but for some reason it doesn't sound so bad to me today. Still not my favorite performance, but whatever.
I know! Just like they said in the video, even though I knew what was happening, and with my linguistics background I could even classify the sounds he was making, what my eyes told me was what my ears heard.
Judging from the one review of yours that I read, and your always erudite comments here, I have no doubt.
Yep. I can speak American English, audiophile, and computer geek.
Seriously, I do know a bit of German. Linguistics is about the study of language, not necessarily the personal mastery of multiple languages.
Through which cans?
BTW, how do you feel about John Eliot Gardner's Mass in B-minor? People seem to either love it or hate it. I am of the former.
Anybody know of how to order from Amazon.co.jp and ship stuff through Tenso? I have an Amazon acc. myself (as useful as it is outside the main countries Amazon supports (non for Malaysia and Russia)) but can't seem to use that one to order from amazon jp. I think I need a separate account for it?
No idea. Might even need a Japanese Head-Fier to help you. Hmm, who here lives in Japan??? Oh I know, this month's avatar theme is a clue!
The DT880. I wouldn't even bother with the SRH440 with this recording. The main problem I have with it is that the production is extremely dull and kind of muddy in the low end. The performance is competent, but the sound puts a damper on the whole thing. The DT880 at least tries to give the performance some breath, and I guess earlier today I was in the right mood or something because it wasn't as uninspiring as usual.
I'm looking into that Gardiner recording now that you've mentioned it. I'd heard something a long time ago about him (must have been when I was in the high school choir), and looking at some reviews I can see what you're saying about the polarization. I almost don't want to hear it yet, at least until I've tried a good "safe" rendering, so as to better appreciate what he's done differently.
Have you ever heard Kleiber's interpretation of Beethoven's Fifth? That's another one that's very controversial, and unfortunately it was my first recording of the work so it did kind of taint me listening to others.
BTW, which review(s) are you working on? The RHA ones? I didn't want to get the Beyer thread off topic, so I figured I'd bring it back here.
Edited by Argyris - 12/24/12 at 1:48am
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 30 seconds ago
- › Chicago Head-Fi Meet - August 8th 12:00 to 7:00 pm at Tweak Studio 46 seconds ago
- › Why 24 bit audio and anything over 48k is not only worthless, but... 53 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › Ideal setup for my hardware, DAC and 2 Amps 4 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 4 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)