You know you right!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on 4/28/15 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Weird. I find myself actually enjoying the Telarc Previn / RPO version of The Planets. I've always felt it was a crappy-sounding recording, but for some reason it doesn't sound so bad to me today. Still not my favorite performance, but whatever.
I know! Just like they said in the video, even though I knew what was happening, and with my linguistics background I could even classify the sounds he was making, what my eyes told me was what my ears heard.
Judging from the one review of yours that I read, and your always erudite comments here, I have no doubt.
Yep. I can speak American English, audiophile, and computer geek.
Seriously, I do know a bit of German. Linguistics is about the study of language, not necessarily the personal mastery of multiple languages.
Through which cans?
BTW, how do you feel about John Eliot Gardner's Mass in B-minor? People seem to either love it or hate it. I am of the former.
Anybody know of how to order from Amazon.co.jp and ship stuff through Tenso? I have an Amazon acc. myself (as useful as it is outside the main countries Amazon supports (non for Malaysia and Russia)) but can't seem to use that one to order from amazon jp. I think I need a separate account for it?
No idea. Might even need a Japanese Head-Fier to help you. Hmm, who here lives in Japan??? Oh I know, this month's avatar theme is a clue!
The DT880. I wouldn't even bother with the SRH440 with this recording. The main problem I have with it is that the production is extremely dull and kind of muddy in the low end. The performance is competent, but the sound puts a damper on the whole thing. The DT880 at least tries to give the performance some breath, and I guess earlier today I was in the right mood or something because it wasn't as uninspiring as usual.
I'm looking into that Gardiner recording now that you've mentioned it. I'd heard something a long time ago about him (must have been when I was in the high school choir), and looking at some reviews I can see what you're saying about the polarization. I almost don't want to hear it yet, at least until I've tried a good "safe" rendering, so as to better appreciate what he's done differently.
Have you ever heard Kleiber's interpretation of Beethoven's Fifth? That's another one that's very controversial, and unfortunately it was my first recording of the work so it did kind of taint me listening to others.
BTW, which review(s) are you working on? The RHA ones? I didn't want to get the Beyer thread off topic, so I figured I'd bring it back here.
Edited by Argyris - 12/24/12 at 1:48am
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 19 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 28 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD565 repair disaster 1 minute ago
- › Sennhiser Amperior vs HD25 vs AKGk545 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Series: 840, 860 & 880 (First post last... 5 minutes ago
- › StoreOne Doughnut earpads on amazon ? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2