You know you right!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on Today at 6:04 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Weird. I find myself actually enjoying the Telarc Previn / RPO version of The Planets. I've always felt it was a crappy-sounding recording, but for some reason it doesn't sound so bad to me today. Still not my favorite performance, but whatever.
I know! Just like they said in the video, even though I knew what was happening, and with my linguistics background I could even classify the sounds he was making, what my eyes told me was what my ears heard.
Judging from the one review of yours that I read, and your always erudite comments here, I have no doubt.
Yep. I can speak American English, audiophile, and computer geek.
Seriously, I do know a bit of German. Linguistics is about the study of language, not necessarily the personal mastery of multiple languages.
Through which cans?
BTW, how do you feel about John Eliot Gardner's Mass in B-minor? People seem to either love it or hate it. I am of the former.
Anybody know of how to order from Amazon.co.jp and ship stuff through Tenso? I have an Amazon acc. myself (as useful as it is outside the main countries Amazon supports (non for Malaysia and Russia)) but can't seem to use that one to order from amazon jp. I think I need a separate account for it?
No idea. Might even need a Japanese Head-Fier to help you. Hmm, who here lives in Japan??? Oh I know, this month's avatar theme is a clue!
The DT880. I wouldn't even bother with the SRH440 with this recording. The main problem I have with it is that the production is extremely dull and kind of muddy in the low end. The performance is competent, but the sound puts a damper on the whole thing. The DT880 at least tries to give the performance some breath, and I guess earlier today I was in the right mood or something because it wasn't as uninspiring as usual.
I'm looking into that Gardiner recording now that you've mentioned it. I'd heard something a long time ago about him (must have been when I was in the high school choir), and looking at some reviews I can see what you're saying about the polarization. I almost don't want to hear it yet, at least until I've tried a good "safe" rendering, so as to better appreciate what he's done differently.
Have you ever heard Kleiber's interpretation of Beethoven's Fifth? That's another one that's very controversial, and unfortunately it was my first recording of the work so it did kind of taint me listening to others.
BTW, which review(s) are you working on? The RHA ones? I didn't want to get the Beyer thread off topic, so I figured I'd bring it back here.
Edited by Argyris - 12/24/12 at 1:48am
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › HD 600 vs HD 650 54 seconds ago
- › How to clean Headphones Velours 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 5 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 5 minutes ago
- › Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 6 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 6 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 6 minutes ago
- › VERTO box & LUMINARE amp, by AudioValve 7 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2