You know you right!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on 7/6/15 at 12:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 120
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Weird. I find myself actually enjoying the Telarc Previn / RPO version of The Planets. I've always felt it was a crappy-sounding recording, but for some reason it doesn't sound so bad to me today. Still not my favorite performance, but whatever.
I know! Just like they said in the video, even though I knew what was happening, and with my linguistics background I could even classify the sounds he was making, what my eyes told me was what my ears heard.
Judging from the one review of yours that I read, and your always erudite comments here, I have no doubt.
Yep. I can speak American English, audiophile, and computer geek.
Seriously, I do know a bit of German. Linguistics is about the study of language, not necessarily the personal mastery of multiple languages.
Through which cans?
BTW, how do you feel about John Eliot Gardner's Mass in B-minor? People seem to either love it or hate it. I am of the former.
Anybody know of how to order from Amazon.co.jp and ship stuff through Tenso? I have an Amazon acc. myself (as useful as it is outside the main countries Amazon supports (non for Malaysia and Russia)) but can't seem to use that one to order from amazon jp. I think I need a separate account for it?
No idea. Might even need a Japanese Head-Fier to help you. Hmm, who here lives in Japan??? Oh I know, this month's avatar theme is a clue!
The DT880. I wouldn't even bother with the SRH440 with this recording. The main problem I have with it is that the production is extremely dull and kind of muddy in the low end. The performance is competent, but the sound puts a damper on the whole thing. The DT880 at least tries to give the performance some breath, and I guess earlier today I was in the right mood or something because it wasn't as uninspiring as usual.
I'm looking into that Gardiner recording now that you've mentioned it. I'd heard something a long time ago about him (must have been when I was in the high school choir), and looking at some reviews I can see what you're saying about the polarization. I almost don't want to hear it yet, at least until I've tried a good "safe" rendering, so as to better appreciate what he's done differently.
Have you ever heard Kleiber's interpretation of Beethoven's Fifth? That's another one that's very controversial, and unfortunately it was my first recording of the work so it did kind of taint me listening to others.
BTW, which review(s) are you working on? The RHA ones? I didn't want to get the Beyer thread off topic, so I figured I'd bring it back here.
Edited by Argyris - 12/24/12 at 1:48am
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 2 seconds ago
- › K712 owners HELP MEEEE 12 seconds ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 42 seconds ago
- › Should I downscale my collection of music higher than 24bit/48khz... 1 minute ago
- › Help: What headphones to get for a six year old 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2