or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 772

post #11566 of 11603

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/03/20/the-sugar-conspiracy/

post #11567 of 11603

post #11568 of 11603

How sweet.

 

Just in time for Valentine's Day...       :wink_face:

post #11569 of 11603
That's some kinda sugar!tongue_smile.gif

Great to see a renewed presence here.

On "Ginger," I remember watching NHK World TV and learning Japanese women tend to increase their consumption of Ginger during winter to aid blood circulation and warm the body. Although I'm in SoCal, think I'm gonna try some in tea just for the adventure of having something new.
post #11570 of 11603

In keeping with Valentines Day.

 

 

Feathered a bit because I wrote it on the back of a chocolate box XD. I should get some blank Rhodia Oxford paper I guess.


Edited by Tangster - 2/14/16 at 12:57pm
post #11571 of 11603

Gold foil goes a long way..........   :wink_face:

post #11572 of 11603
Love Rhodia; Clairefontaine!
post #11573 of 11603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
 

In keeping with Valentines Day.

 

 

Feathered a bit because I wrote it on the back of a chocolate box XD. I should get some blank Rhodia Oxford paper I guess.

 

That's a very lovely shade of pink. It's not saccharine like the more reddish and vibrant shades usually associated with things like Valentine's Day, so it looks like it would be quite versatile.

post #11574 of 11603

I think a nice understated shade of chartreuse would be very becoming......    :wink_face:

post #11575 of 11603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyris View Post
 

That's a very lovely shade of pink. It's not saccharine like the more reddish and vibrant shades usually associated with things like Valentine's Day, so it looks like it would be quite versatile.

I have a bottle of Kosumosu (I believe it's one of the only Iro bottles I have). I've found that it errs to a more diluted, "peachy" colour than in the picture - actually if the label wasn't showing I would have sworn that was Tsutsuji. (Handwriting in the picture is fantastic though)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Love Rhodia; Clairefontaine!

Any love for Tomoe? I'm finding that 90% of my time writing by hand has been on the Techo, the Tomoe white is slightly off-white in the nicest way, really pleasant to the eyes. Not full-on ivory, which I dislike. I only have one Dotpad left, so I might try one of these in the future.

post #11576 of 11603

Chirp chirp (even Wink's asleep).

post #11577 of 11603

Nope, not asleep, just too busy to check on this forum every day........    :wink_face:

post #11578 of 11603
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Hello.

What is everyone up to? I was drinking some ginger ale and reading a book.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post
 

Welcome back with Achmed's avatar.

I've been awfully busy with school, just started my first year of college, I'm working on an electrical engineering degree, which means a ton of work haha.

post #11579 of 11603

... and a lot of electrons........     :wink_face:

post #11580 of 11603
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post
 

Definitely the pineapple.

 

It contains bromelain which is good for your health......      :wink_face:

And it's gluten-free!

 

 

Hmm... gluten-free, you say?  Well, since you mention it...:D

 

Did you know that the 'gluten-free' industry has become half-scam, unfortunately.

 

  • There are loads of 'gluten-free' products whose ordinary competitors are also gluten-free, anyway, as standard, and at drastically-lower price

 

  • Although some humans do, indeed, have sensitivity to gluten, this is often substantially due (and/or exacerbated by) other factors that pervert the function of the immune system - a major example of this, which alopathic medicine and dentistry disgracefully sweep under the carpet, is that of heavy metal intoxication (mercury being at the top of that particular tree). I can explain more, but I'll spare you.

 

  • GMO wheat has a much higher chance of irritating the human immune system, because the human immune system may realise that it is abnormal (the human digestive system has an enormous part to play, in the human immune system, with a complex interplay of immune-modulatory compounds generated by gut-resident bacteria, and the fact that long-term inflammatory immune-response in the gut tissues can lead to increased permeability of those tissues, and thus increased potential for undesirable molecules to enter the bloodstream and cause immune dysfunction throughout the body). GMO wheat (and corn) are becoming ever-more difficult to avoid, in one's daily diet, even outside the USA.

 

  • GMO foods contain (relatively-speaking) massive amounts of glyphosate (they are genetically-modified, amongst other things, specifically to resist the effects of glyphosate, which would otherwise kill the crop plant itself). There is increasing evidence that glyphosate may be extremely toxic, not only to plants, but also to animals, including human beings.

 


 

 

 

On a different note - is it just me or is this one of the maddest threads on Head-fi? LOL

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread