- 9,694 Posts. Joined 9/2006
- Location: Just past the Pacifists of the Gandhi Nebula, then hang a left
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on Today at 6:04 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 723
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Second: Newegg.com has the blue Sennheiser Momentum on sale for $130. I ordered them,...I'll just wear shades whilst I wear them. The blue is blindingly bright.
EDIT: It's the AMPERIOR,...not the MOMENTUM!!! My bad!!!
Edited by tds101 - 1/14/14 at 5:59pm
Wow, that must have ended quick. I just checked and they're back up to $229.95 (unless there's a promo code or something involved in the discount).
OOPS!!! I meant the Amperior, not the Momentum. SORRY!!! Still a great deal nonetheless,...and better than my HD25-1 II's grating highs. I'm going to sell 'em after I get the Amperior.
Edited by tds101 - 1/14/14 at 5:58pm
Quick update. I got the Amperior's, and they sound more airy, more "open". The mids are quite nice, and my HD25-1 II's sound flat in comparison. These bring out more in my music so far, and now the HD25-1 II's seem boring. They definitely have more clarity,...and the bass is clean but not overbearing. Wonderful!!!
PS: My wife threatened my life - but I'm willing to deal with the death threat. LOL!!!
Edited by tds101 - 1/16/14 at 8:39pm
These were so inexpensive from the original price because they're discontinued by Sennheiser. Some places are trying to clear out the remaining stock while others are starting to amp the pricing up. And yes, Sennheiser has a habit of having crazy pricing and ordering sometimes. But not as bad as some other companies.
And now for something really disturbing......
And now for something really disturbing......
My being facetious assuredly to the post above - with my being a loyal fan of these Patriots tomorrow !
The FOTM guys pop-in and post the latest super-value as their recommendation on every thread. Then I start thinking: "Hmm, because the questions are always the same, I also tend to recommend a fairly small set of headphones - maybe everyone else sees *me* as a fanboy too?" And that just makes me depressed.
On the other side of the same coin, you get the questions from guys asking you to compare a specific 'phone from Brand XXY to a different 'phone from Brand YYX - and I've never heard of either brand.
I'm not going to go try every headphone that comes out of an Asian or Baltic sweatshop - it seems like there's a new 'phone hitting the market almost every week. Even if a lot of them are just re-branded OEMs, I'm still probably going to stick to the more traditional brands I know. IEMs are the worst - everyone and their cousin seems able to throw a driver in a plastic or metal shell. Does the world really need 500 different IEMs between $10-$300?
I keep thinking that every day there is a new guy in Shenzhen that says "I think I'm going to create a new headphone. I heard those crazy kids on head-fi will buy anything!"
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 34 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 56 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP 2 minutes ago
- › It is odd but not peculiar... 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rookie needs some advice for traveling setup and review of pc setup 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2