- 9,978 Posts. Joined 9/2006
- Location: Just past the Pacifists of the Gandhi Nebula, then hang a left
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on 4/28/15 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 723
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Second: Newegg.com has the blue Sennheiser Momentum on sale for $130. I ordered them,...I'll just wear shades whilst I wear them. The blue is blindingly bright.
EDIT: It's the AMPERIOR,...not the MOMENTUM!!! My bad!!!
Edited by tds101 - 1/14/14 at 5:59pm
Wow, that must have ended quick. I just checked and they're back up to $229.95 (unless there's a promo code or something involved in the discount).
OOPS!!! I meant the Amperior, not the Momentum. SORRY!!! Still a great deal nonetheless,...and better than my HD25-1 II's grating highs. I'm going to sell 'em after I get the Amperior.
Edited by tds101 - 1/14/14 at 5:58pm
Quick update. I got the Amperior's, and they sound more airy, more "open". The mids are quite nice, and my HD25-1 II's sound flat in comparison. These bring out more in my music so far, and now the HD25-1 II's seem boring. They definitely have more clarity,...and the bass is clean but not overbearing. Wonderful!!!
PS: My wife threatened my life - but I'm willing to deal with the death threat. LOL!!!
Edited by tds101 - 1/16/14 at 8:39pm
These were so inexpensive from the original price because they're discontinued by Sennheiser. Some places are trying to clear out the remaining stock while others are starting to amp the pricing up. And yes, Sennheiser has a habit of having crazy pricing and ordering sometimes. But not as bad as some other companies.
And now for something really disturbing......
And now for something really disturbing......
My being facetious assuredly to the post above - with my being a loyal fan of these Patriots tomorrow !
The FOTM guys pop-in and post the latest super-value as their recommendation on every thread. Then I start thinking: "Hmm, because the questions are always the same, I also tend to recommend a fairly small set of headphones - maybe everyone else sees *me* as a fanboy too?" And that just makes me depressed.
On the other side of the same coin, you get the questions from guys asking you to compare a specific 'phone from Brand XXY to a different 'phone from Brand YYX - and I've never heard of either brand.
I'm not going to go try every headphone that comes out of an Asian or Baltic sweatshop - it seems like there's a new 'phone hitting the market almost every week. Even if a lot of them are just re-branded OEMs, I'm still probably going to stick to the more traditional brands I know. IEMs are the worst - everyone and their cousin seems able to throw a driver in a plastic or metal shell. Does the world really need 500 different IEMs between $10-$300?
I keep thinking that every day there is a new guy in Shenzhen that says "I think I'm going to create a new headphone. I heard those crazy kids on head-fi will buy anything!"
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › Aune B1 USA Tour Application thread 45 seconds ago
- › Portable speaker as big as possible 1 minute ago
- › The Tera player thread - All your questions answered ! 2 minutes ago
- › iFi nano iCAN. "Name that Attenuator" competition. Winner no. 1... 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Discussion for next Florida meet 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 4 minutes ago
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2