- 9,883 Posts. Joined 9/2006
- Location: Just past the Pacifists of the Gandhi Nebula, then hang a left
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on 4/23/15 at 10:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
At first, I'm very thankful to FiiO for giving chance to use and review this great portable music player. I'm owner of the FiiO X3 1st, E3, E7 and E9, so I know how FiiO made great DAPs and...
Too lazy to write the full review yet LOL. Just posting this out first :)
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
When i bough these i had no id'ea how they would sound. I read some reviews but it is a iem that was flying under the radar and kind of hide in the shadow of the BA200 which is TDK's flagship (...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 723
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Second: Newegg.com has the blue Sennheiser Momentum on sale for $130. I ordered them,...I'll just wear shades whilst I wear them. The blue is blindingly bright.
EDIT: It's the AMPERIOR,...not the MOMENTUM!!! My bad!!!
Edited by tds101 - 1/14/14 at 5:59pm
Wow, that must have ended quick. I just checked and they're back up to $229.95 (unless there's a promo code or something involved in the discount).
OOPS!!! I meant the Amperior, not the Momentum. SORRY!!! Still a great deal nonetheless,...and better than my HD25-1 II's grating highs. I'm going to sell 'em after I get the Amperior.
Edited by tds101 - 1/14/14 at 5:58pm
Quick update. I got the Amperior's, and they sound more airy, more "open". The mids are quite nice, and my HD25-1 II's sound flat in comparison. These bring out more in my music so far, and now the HD25-1 II's seem boring. They definitely have more clarity,...and the bass is clean but not overbearing. Wonderful!!!
PS: My wife threatened my life - but I'm willing to deal with the death threat. LOL!!!
Edited by tds101 - 1/16/14 at 8:39pm
These were so inexpensive from the original price because they're discontinued by Sennheiser. Some places are trying to clear out the remaining stock while others are starting to amp the pricing up. And yes, Sennheiser has a habit of having crazy pricing and ordering sometimes. But not as bad as some other companies.
And now for something really disturbing......
And now for something really disturbing......
My being facetious assuredly to the post above - with my being a loyal fan of these Patriots tomorrow !
The FOTM guys pop-in and post the latest super-value as their recommendation on every thread. Then I start thinking: "Hmm, because the questions are always the same, I also tend to recommend a fairly small set of headphones - maybe everyone else sees *me* as a fanboy too?" And that just makes me depressed.
On the other side of the same coin, you get the questions from guys asking you to compare a specific 'phone from Brand XXY to a different 'phone from Brand YYX - and I've never heard of either brand.
I'm not going to go try every headphone that comes out of an Asian or Baltic sweatshop - it seems like there's a new 'phone hitting the market almost every week. Even if a lot of them are just re-branded OEMs, I'm still probably going to stick to the more traditional brands I know. IEMs are the worst - everyone and their cousin seems able to throw a driver in a plastic or metal shell. Does the world really need 500 different IEMs between $10-$300?
I keep thinking that every day there is a new guy in Shenzhen that says "I think I'm going to create a new headphone. I heard those crazy kids on head-fi will buy anything!"
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-10 9 seconds ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 36 seconds ago
- › Bose AE2 - excellent condition 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › Don't be shy, contact us directly with problems with your FiiO! 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Streaming service vs downloading? 3 minutes ago
- › Denon D7000 stock pads - pristine condition 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by joku213
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by Sentinei
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2