- 8,630 Posts. Joined 9/2006
- Location: Just past the Pacifists of the Gandhi Nebula, then hang a left
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on 1/26/15 at 9:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 12/6/14 at 4:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 723
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Second: Newegg.com has the blue Sennheiser Momentum on sale for $130. I ordered them,...I'll just wear shades whilst I wear them. The blue is blindingly bright.
EDIT: It's the AMPERIOR,...not the MOMENTUM!!! My bad!!!
Edited by tds101 - 1/14/14 at 5:59pm
Wow, that must have ended quick. I just checked and they're back up to $229.95 (unless there's a promo code or something involved in the discount).
OOPS!!! I meant the Amperior, not the Momentum. SORRY!!! Still a great deal nonetheless,...and better than my HD25-1 II's grating highs. I'm going to sell 'em after I get the Amperior.
Edited by tds101 - 1/14/14 at 5:58pm
Quick update. I got the Amperior's, and they sound more airy, more "open". The mids are quite nice, and my HD25-1 II's sound flat in comparison. These bring out more in my music so far, and now the HD25-1 II's seem boring. They definitely have more clarity,...and the bass is clean but not overbearing. Wonderful!!!
PS: My wife threatened my life - but I'm willing to deal with the death threat. LOL!!!
Edited by tds101 - 1/16/14 at 8:39pm
These were so inexpensive from the original price because they're discontinued by Sennheiser. Some places are trying to clear out the remaining stock while others are starting to amp the pricing up. And yes, Sennheiser has a habit of having crazy pricing and ordering sometimes. But not as bad as some other companies.
And now for something really disturbing......
And now for something really disturbing......
My being facetious assuredly to the post above - with my being a loyal fan of these Patriots tomorrow !
The FOTM guys pop-in and post the latest super-value as their recommendation on every thread. Then I start thinking: "Hmm, because the questions are always the same, I also tend to recommend a fairly small set of headphones - maybe everyone else sees *me* as a fanboy too?" And that just makes me depressed.
On the other side of the same coin, you get the questions from guys asking you to compare a specific 'phone from Brand XXY to a different 'phone from Brand YYX - and I've never heard of either brand.
I'm not going to go try every headphone that comes out of an Asian or Baltic sweatshop - it seems like there's a new 'phone hitting the market almost every week. Even if a lot of them are just re-branded OEMs, I'm still probably going to stick to the more traditional brands I know. IEMs are the worst - everyone and their cousin seems able to throw a driver in a plastic or metal shell. Does the world really need 500 different IEMs between $10-$300?
I keep thinking that every day there is a new guy in Shenzhen that says "I think I'm going to create a new headphone. I heard those crazy kids on head-fi will buy anything!"
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Appreciation & Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Bluedio HT H-Turbine 57mm Driver BT Headphones review 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Heed Canalot with Q-PSU 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Questyle Audio Unveils Two New DAP's at CES 2015! 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.4 download and discussion 11 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3