Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 720

post #10786 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 

 

I miss my modded 5000.

 

BTW I was right when I said you were going to pass me in post count ;)...

 

I've slowed dramatically posting on this site recently. New frontier - new studies, projects and ambitions.... still may never pass you. But that'd be a good thing if I'm busy enterprising.

 

My Zeus Eclipse 6 re-cabled D7000 only got away 'cause I was in a financial pinch and knew I could move 'em fast. Things picked up for me a mere 3 weeks later. I should have sold something else! I'm really curious about the TH-900. BUT - I can't seem to get past the Cherry cups and the BIG "Look at me" lettering that spells.... what's :tongue_smile:their name again?!

post #10787 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

 

I've slowed dramatically posting on this site recently. New frontier - new studies, projects and ambitions.... still may never pass you. But that'd be a good thing if I'm busy enterprising.

 

My Zeus Eclipse 6 re-cabled D7000 only got away 'cause I was in a financial pinch and knew I could move 'em fast. Things picked up for me a mere 3 weeks later. I should have sold something else! I'm really curious about the TH-900. BUT - I can't seem to get past the Cherry cups and the BIG "Look at me" lettering that spells.... what's :tongue_smile:their name again?!

 

I'm sure you will :P. I don't post much these days either. Not much time plus I'm pretty content with what I have for the most part (well almost ;).

 

Why not go for the 600 model then? Cheaper, has most of the sound quality of the 900 but still falls short. Considering it is a lot cheaper it might be a good option. To my knowledge it owns the Denon line ;). 

 

Are you talking about "Fostex"?

post #10788 of 11270
I think there are two completely different Denons. The Denon of the D7000 vs the Denon of the D7100. IMHO, in this case, newer is not better... wink.gif
post #10789 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

 

I've slowed dramatically posting on this site recently. New frontier - new studies, projects and ambitions.... still may never pass you. But that'd be a good thing if I'm busy enterprising.

 

My Zeus Eclipse 6 re-cabled D7000 only got away 'cause I was in a financial pinch and knew I could move 'em fast. Things picked up for me a mere 3 weeks later. I should have sold something else! I'm really curious about the TH-900. BUT - I can't seem to get past the Cherry cups and the BIG "Look at me" lettering that spells.... what's :tongue_smile:their name again?!

 

I'm sure you will :P. I don't post much these days either. Not much time plus I'm pretty content with what I have for the most part (well almost ;).

 

Why not go for the 600 model then? Cheaper, has most of the sound quality of the 900 but still falls short. Considering it is a lot cheaper it might be a good option. To my knowledge it owns the Denon line ;). 

 

Are you talking about "Fostex"?

 

:dt880smile: That lettering is huge. I like tasteful, understated design. Had they chose to place a Dragon or some other art on the cans like fountain pens, I'd be highly interested.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

I think there are two completely different Denons. The Denon of the D7000 vs the Denon of the D7100. IMHO, in this case, newer is not better... wink.gif

 

I've not heard the new Denon but dislike.... strongly.... the aesthetics of the new line. In my view, Denon's dilemma became what to do about The Table:

 

1. Go in a new direction, leaving existing customers behind at the table.

2. Stay with current customer base, leaving piles of cash behind on the table by not emulating BEATS and mobile lifestyle.

post #10790 of 11270

hi all horse is temporarily back. what do for avatar?

post #10791 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick Man View Post

In what world do I get classified as a thoughtful, reasonable, nice person? confused.gif

 

In billybob's.  :smile:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

While I do want closed-back cans to complement the HE-6, I'm not exactly itching to buy more cans.

 

Wait until you hear it.  Magick knows what I'm talking about.  ;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Lol, the funny thing about that is that those two mods are pretty different sounding... but both top notch in their own way.

I think you and I focus on different aspects in 'phones. For these two, you found the differences, and I found the similarities. Of course, you also liked the new Denon headphones and 80s music, so I think we must come from different universes... tongue.gif

 

I like both the D7000 and the D7100 but in very different ways.  Also, I feel compelled to mention - more than ever - that I think there's bee a running line change between the D7100 at launch and the D7100 available now.  I wish Tyll would measure a new one.  :(

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

Shoot! I miss the ol' Denon AH-D7000....:(

 

I'll bring mine for some nostalgia.  :smile:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

 

BTW I was right when I said you were going to pass me in post count ;)...

 

I've slowed dramatically posting on this site recently. New frontier - new studies, projects and ambitions.... still may never pass you. But that'd be a good thing if I'm busy enterprising.

 

I'm sure you will :P. I don't post much these days either. Not much time plus I'm pretty content with what I have for the most part (well almost ;).

 

You guys realize that, no matter who has the higher post count, the irony here lies with SO's handle right?

post #10792 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

 

You guys realize that, no matter who has the higher post count, the irony here likes with SO's handle right?

 

Come again? :tongue_smile:

post #10793 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

 

 

You guys realize that, no matter who has the higher post count, the irony here likes with SO's handle right?

 

Come again? :tongue_smile:

 

likes = lays, damn autocorrect.

post #10794 of 11270

Now it makes sense.... :normal_smile :

post #10795 of 11270
I was thinking you meant "lies in"... wink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vf8N6GpdM
Edited by billybob_jcv - 1/10/14 at 6:45am
post #10796 of 11270
post #10797 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

Hey Horse - I made ya famous...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/699266/upgrade-to-grado-sr225i-500-budget
Woohoo, awesome. Still waiting a PM.....
post #10798 of 11270
BTW - I keep meaning to ask you - how did you find the Klipsch X10? Once upon a time I was looking at those, but I never pulled the trigger. Are they as dark bassy as the rest of the Klipsch 'phones? I bought an S2 because they were basically giving them away during an Amazon sale, but I really didn't like them.
post #10799 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob_jcv View Post

BTW - I keep meaning to ask you - how did you find the Klipsch X10? Once upon a time I was looking at those, but I never pulled the trigger. Are they as dark bassy as the rest of the Klipsch 'phones? I bought an S2 because they were basically giving them away during an Amazon sale, but I really didn't like them.
the x10 looks like a phallus
post #10800 of 11270
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post


the x10 looks like a phallus

 

teehee.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread