Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on Today at 6:49 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 12/6/14 at 4:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
I bought this in october. I agree with other reviewers, the sound is definitely value for money you can read other reviews for that. However, the build quality is terrible. I took good...
"Low cost champion", "Best in it's own way"... i love the way how things work in this earphone business :) however, please do not worry, vaziyetu here to correct things (again). first of all,...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 718
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, he is willing to split PayPal and shipping fees ( in CONUS. ) .
Where have you been hiding, wink ?
I could drop $50 on any headphones I want - and I wouldn't think twice about buying two or three of them to see which ones I liked best. I think that's the same attitude you need to have no matter what price tier you are playing in. If you can't - then you are in over your head!
I'm not even tempted to look at the Summit-Fi stuff. In fact, I'm not really drawn to the mid-level stuff at the moment, either. Every time I get the bug to get a new set of headphones, I eventually talk myself out of it. I guess I just don't feel like I'm missing too much with what I've got, and/or I don't really like the choices I have at the level I can spend. For instance, I had a mild fascination with the HD5x8 series recently. For the holidays I was going to pick up an HD558, do the foam mod (to save the $50 plus the shame of wearing something that looks as ridiculous as the HD598), and pick up a few other assorted, unrelated items. I ended up getting a Nexus 7 instead. I feel like I must have some sort of fantastic will or something to be as active around this place as I am and somehow manage to avoid buying more cans. Maybe Gandalf should have selected me to carry the Ring to Mt. Doom.
A fine choice!
The last two headphones I bought outright were my JVC HA-S500s, and the Ultrasone HFI-15G portables...and I made trades to get the Ultrasone HFI-780s and the CAL! I have another 7 or 8 sets, but they all are unused for the most part. I really haven't felt the need to go any higher up the headphone heirarchy....the years of damage done to my ears while growing up kind of make the idea pointless. I enjoy my main three...S500, HFI-780, and CAL! and am entirely content with them.
I had some ongoing ear infection issues, so for a while I barely used headphones at all....but my Nexus 7, I use all the time.
Edited by Achmedisdead - 1/6/14 at 8:29pm
I'm thinking seriously about getting the Google Play edition of the G Pad. It would be a nice "big brother" to my 2012 Nexus 7, and then I could find a new home for my old Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus.
I have the Optimus G Pro for a phone, with LG's skin on it, and although I do quite like the phone, I have grown to appreciate the pure Google approach (no bloat, and regular OS updates) now that I have had the Nexus 7 for a while.
Very interesting review at The Verge: http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/17/5217498/lg-g-pad-8-3-review-google-play-edition
Yeah, first thing you do is root and install CM11, it's just better in every way. If you have CWM Pro, it'll even install all the kernel upgrades for you, without losing anything, which is even better than getting official Android updates.
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 47 seconds ago
- › Hawaii meet? 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › IC: 2015 Melbourne Meet 3 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10K USB Cable Problems and Popping 4 minutes ago
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2