Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on 3/31/15 at 6:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 718
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, he is willing to split PayPal and shipping fees ( in CONUS. ) .
Where have you been hiding, wink ?
I could drop $50 on any headphones I want - and I wouldn't think twice about buying two or three of them to see which ones I liked best. I think that's the same attitude you need to have no matter what price tier you are playing in. If you can't - then you are in over your head!
I'm not even tempted to look at the Summit-Fi stuff. In fact, I'm not really drawn to the mid-level stuff at the moment, either. Every time I get the bug to get a new set of headphones, I eventually talk myself out of it. I guess I just don't feel like I'm missing too much with what I've got, and/or I don't really like the choices I have at the level I can spend. For instance, I had a mild fascination with the HD5x8 series recently. For the holidays I was going to pick up an HD558, do the foam mod (to save the $50 plus the shame of wearing something that looks as ridiculous as the HD598), and pick up a few other assorted, unrelated items. I ended up getting a Nexus 7 instead. I feel like I must have some sort of fantastic will or something to be as active around this place as I am and somehow manage to avoid buying more cans. Maybe Gandalf should have selected me to carry the Ring to Mt. Doom.
A fine choice!
The last two headphones I bought outright were my JVC HA-S500s, and the Ultrasone HFI-15G portables...and I made trades to get the Ultrasone HFI-780s and the CAL! I have another 7 or 8 sets, but they all are unused for the most part. I really haven't felt the need to go any higher up the headphone heirarchy....the years of damage done to my ears while growing up kind of make the idea pointless. I enjoy my main three...S500, HFI-780, and CAL! and am entirely content with them.
I had some ongoing ear infection issues, so for a while I barely used headphones at all....but my Nexus 7, I use all the time.
Edited by Achmedisdead - 1/6/14 at 8:29pm
I'm thinking seriously about getting the Google Play edition of the G Pad. It would be a nice "big brother" to my 2012 Nexus 7, and then I could find a new home for my old Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus.
I have the Optimus G Pro for a phone, with LG's skin on it, and although I do quite like the phone, I have grown to appreciate the pure Google approach (no bloat, and regular OS updates) now that I have had the Nexus 7 for a while.
Very interesting review at The Verge: http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/17/5217498/lg-g-pad-8-3-review-google-play-edition
Yeah, first thing you do is root and install CM11, it's just better in every way. If you have CWM Pro, it'll even install all the kernel upgrades for you, without losing anything, which is even better than getting official Android updates.
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › post your grado mods.... 31 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 58 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed Version Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › HD800 vs HE1000/MHP1000 impressions. Suprises all around! 3 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2