Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on Yesterday at 6:49 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 12/6/14 at 4:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I have used the Sony MDR-7506s as long as I can remember. I do Front-of-House (FOH) mixing for bands, and these phones have been by my side for many years. Some people hate the cable, i like...
My my, how time flies. It’s been over a year - and similarly over 136K views - since I wrote my original review for the Beryllium Xiaomi Pistons 2.0, or Xiaomi MK301. During the past year, I’ve...
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 675
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They have - it's the artificial pancreas that was in the video I posted earlier in this thread.
Ohh I guess I missed it......
My daughter (16) has started talking about possibly wanting to go to college in BC. I'm not sure why - I think she just likes the Pacific Northwest. I'm not even sure she knows what she wants to study.
So - what's the story on schools in BC? Do you have any idea how US students are handled? Is it much more expensive for a non-resident?
Sometimes, it takes adversity to bring about change...
Edited by Nimzerz - 11/8/13 at 1:29am
Yes those numbers are per year. They're higher than I expected. I paid around $4000-5000 per year for general arts and science, and similar programs were around $10-11k for international students.
I got diagnosed with type 1 just 2.5 years ago and honestly, in my situation specifically, I feel like everything said about diabetes is way over-exaggerated. To me, sure it's a hassle, but it doesn't change anything about who I am. The ONLY difference is typing carbs in my insulin pump and possible low blood sugars. To me, it could be because I'm only 16 and I learned fast, but it's really not as bad as people make it. I think parents overreact and make it sound much worse. Don't take anything I'm saying here offensively, it's just my perspective. As for schools, I never really had that problem luckily and I really thank all of my teachers that are understanding of my "condition". I must say that going from a pen to an insulin pump REALLY makes diabetes feel nearly non-existent. The pen was so much more of a hassle. I would recommend a pump for ANYONE with diabetes; HOWEVER, make sure you don't become lazy with it!
Your attitude is EXACTLY where I hope my son will be!! Right now he is really down.
I have the Medtronic Minimed Paradigm. I accidentally ordered the larger version, but luckily it's not too large anyways. If you get one for your son/daughter then I'd recommend getting the smaller version as it is lighter and you really don't need the large capacity as you're changing the site about 3-4days. The only thing annoying for me about the pump is the fact that I have little fat on my body. I was only around 80lb when I finally got diagnosed at around 14 years old? Yeah... so I've worked up to around 130lb now and the only place that I can really put the site is on my belly. I'm very limited to where I can put it. Also, the set-up process is VERY frustrating... lots of fasting (as a teen, that's hard). But overall, I'd say my blood sugars are around the same if not better than with the pen (with the pen, my blood sugars were lower, but sometimes too low. I'd sometimes reach 50-60 mg/dL).
Not to mention, it frees up a lot of that "oh I need to go to the bathroom or something to give myself a shot" during sometime like lunch. Rather than that, I just press a few buttons and and that's it. The pen definitely could be a plus though, as it made me less "lazy" about checking blood sugars and being on top of it all. Make sure they don't get too lazy with the pump, as I myself am still a little too lazy with it. My A1C was around 6.8 when I had the pen, then after I got the pump (set-up time, had a lot of high bgs) It rose to around 7.9? Now it's back down to I think 7-7.4?
Edited by Nimzerz - 11/8/13 at 7:51pm
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 19 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by Rashmosh
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2