Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 12/6/14 at 4:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Top 3 IEMs for Under $50 Last post on 9/29/13 at 1:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 675
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They have - it's the artificial pancreas that was in the video I posted earlier in this thread.
Ohh I guess I missed it......
My daughter (16) has started talking about possibly wanting to go to college in BC. I'm not sure why - I think she just likes the Pacific Northwest. I'm not even sure she knows what she wants to study.
So - what's the story on schools in BC? Do you have any idea how US students are handled? Is it much more expensive for a non-resident?
Sometimes, it takes adversity to bring about change...
Edited by Nimzerz - 11/8/13 at 1:29am
Yes those numbers are per year. They're higher than I expected. I paid around $4000-5000 per year for general arts and science, and similar programs were around $10-11k for international students.
I got diagnosed with type 1 just 2.5 years ago and honestly, in my situation specifically, I feel like everything said about diabetes is way over-exaggerated. To me, sure it's a hassle, but it doesn't change anything about who I am. The ONLY difference is typing carbs in my insulin pump and possible low blood sugars. To me, it could be because I'm only 16 and I learned fast, but it's really not as bad as people make it. I think parents overreact and make it sound much worse. Don't take anything I'm saying here offensively, it's just my perspective. As for schools, I never really had that problem luckily and I really thank all of my teachers that are understanding of my "condition". I must say that going from a pen to an insulin pump REALLY makes diabetes feel nearly non-existent. The pen was so much more of a hassle. I would recommend a pump for ANYONE with diabetes; HOWEVER, make sure you don't become lazy with it!
Your attitude is EXACTLY where I hope my son will be!! Right now he is really down.
I have the Medtronic Minimed Paradigm. I accidentally ordered the larger version, but luckily it's not too large anyways. If you get one for your son/daughter then I'd recommend getting the smaller version as it is lighter and you really don't need the large capacity as you're changing the site about 3-4days. The only thing annoying for me about the pump is the fact that I have little fat on my body. I was only around 80lb when I finally got diagnosed at around 14 years old? Yeah... so I've worked up to around 130lb now and the only place that I can really put the site is on my belly. I'm very limited to where I can put it. Also, the set-up process is VERY frustrating... lots of fasting (as a teen, that's hard). But overall, I'd say my blood sugars are around the same if not better than with the pen (with the pen, my blood sugars were lower, but sometimes too low. I'd sometimes reach 50-60 mg/dL).
Not to mention, it frees up a lot of that "oh I need to go to the bathroom or something to give myself a shot" during sometime like lunch. Rather than that, I just press a few buttons and and that's it. The pen definitely could be a plus though, as it made me less "lazy" about checking blood sugars and being on top of it all. Make sure they don't get too lazy with the pump, as I myself am still a little too lazy with it. My A1C was around 6.8 when I had the pen, then after I got the pump (set-up time, had a lot of high bgs) It rose to around 7.9? Now it's back down to I think 7-7.4?
Edited by Nimzerz - 11/8/13 at 7:51pm
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › What is a closed headphone upgrade that is leaps and bounds above... 16 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 58 seconds ago
- › Headphones for a beginner 2 minutes ago
- › DAC Bit rate Format Important? 2 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 6 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 7 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 9 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)