Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- M6 PRO Impressions Last post on 4/28/15 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation Impressions. Last post on 3/13/15 at 6:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap earbuds with no microphonics Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- good iem/s under 100 dollars Last post on 10/7/13 at 11:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
Grado SR80i Intro Thingy: I was wondering if I should even review the SR80i because Grado's e series cans came out not too long ago and I was thinking noone would heed my review 'cause the...
Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread - Page 675
Gear mentioned in this thread:
They have - it's the artificial pancreas that was in the video I posted earlier in this thread.
Ohh I guess I missed it......
My daughter (16) has started talking about possibly wanting to go to college in BC. I'm not sure why - I think she just likes the Pacific Northwest. I'm not even sure she knows what she wants to study.
So - what's the story on schools in BC? Do you have any idea how US students are handled? Is it much more expensive for a non-resident?
Sometimes, it takes adversity to bring about change...
Edited by Nimzerz - 11/8/13 at 1:29am
Yes those numbers are per year. They're higher than I expected. I paid around $4000-5000 per year for general arts and science, and similar programs were around $10-11k for international students.
I got diagnosed with type 1 just 2.5 years ago and honestly, in my situation specifically, I feel like everything said about diabetes is way over-exaggerated. To me, sure it's a hassle, but it doesn't change anything about who I am. The ONLY difference is typing carbs in my insulin pump and possible low blood sugars. To me, it could be because I'm only 16 and I learned fast, but it's really not as bad as people make it. I think parents overreact and make it sound much worse. Don't take anything I'm saying here offensively, it's just my perspective. As for schools, I never really had that problem luckily and I really thank all of my teachers that are understanding of my "condition". I must say that going from a pen to an insulin pump REALLY makes diabetes feel nearly non-existent. The pen was so much more of a hassle. I would recommend a pump for ANYONE with diabetes; HOWEVER, make sure you don't become lazy with it!
Your attitude is EXACTLY where I hope my son will be!! Right now he is really down.
I have the Medtronic Minimed Paradigm. I accidentally ordered the larger version, but luckily it's not too large anyways. If you get one for your son/daughter then I'd recommend getting the smaller version as it is lighter and you really don't need the large capacity as you're changing the site about 3-4days. The only thing annoying for me about the pump is the fact that I have little fat on my body. I was only around 80lb when I finally got diagnosed at around 14 years old? Yeah... so I've worked up to around 130lb now and the only place that I can really put the site is on my belly. I'm very limited to where I can put it. Also, the set-up process is VERY frustrating... lots of fasting (as a teen, that's hard). But overall, I'd say my blood sugars are around the same if not better than with the pen (with the pen, my blood sugars were lower, but sometimes too low. I'd sometimes reach 50-60 mg/dL).
Not to mention, it frees up a lot of that "oh I need to go to the bathroom or something to give myself a shot" during sometime like lunch. Rather than that, I just press a few buttons and and that's it. The pen definitely could be a plus though, as it made me less "lazy" about checking blood sugars and being on top of it all. Make sure they don't get too lazy with the pump, as I myself am still a little too lazy with it. My A1C was around 6.8 when I had the pen, then after I got the pump (set-up time, had a lot of high bgs) It rose to around 7.9? Now it's back down to I think 7-7.4?
Edited by Nimzerz - 11/8/13 at 7:51pm
- Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 33 seconds ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 57 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 2 minutes ago
- › [ON EBAY] Clear Shure SE215 WITH 2-YEAR GUITAR CENTER PRO COVERAGE... 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Amp for Alpha Prime 5 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2