Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphones?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Headphones? - Page 4

post #46 of 215
Thread Starter 

Talking iPhone 4s, I MIGHT be willing to get one, IF they're really good for music.. I had one, but personally I prefer Android over Apple.. BUT if it'll benefit me alot, I might get a 4s again..

 

Although I think I want a Galaxy S3 for my bday (October 28th).

post #47 of 215

The UE-tf10 is great, it ahs it's own dedicated driver for bass frqs followed with a sansa clip+ will run you short of 200 and that's a pretty mid-end combination

 

Also, if you like dynamic drivers (moving coil) you could get an MG7 atrio, I have an mg6pro myself I'm not a fan of dynamic drivers but they have a pretty good sub bass that reaches really low.

 

..and those two are the ones that I believe outperform in their price range. Though everyone has different ears.

 

The v-moda m80s weren't bad either, cept for I returned them because they weren't as good as any other cans / iems I had (not inclusive of the tf10 / mg7)


Edited by azynneo - 10/7/12 at 8:57pm
post #48 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGeek91 View Post

Talking iPhone 4s, I MIGHT be willing to get one, IF they're really good for music.. I had one, but personally I prefer Android over Apple.. BUT if it'll benefit me alot, I might get a 4s again..

 

Although I think I want a Galaxy S3 for my bday (October 28th).


4s is on the bright side, if you got a bassy iem it would compliment the 4s. The detail retrieval out of phone is on the levels of a few desktop dacs out there. I have one myself and I listen to it with my reference monitors

post #49 of 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGeek91 View Post

My bad, currently I'm using my rooted HTC Inspire (Android), I have Cyanogen Mod 7 on it, which includes a really nice EQ app.

 

I plan to get a mp3 player soon (iPod I guess, Idk which one, just need atleast 16gb storage).

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Also the Sony NWZ-S639F is supposed to be good for the HF3s (Someone's selling them for cheap here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/621164/sony-nwz-s639f-16gb-mp3-player-sony-mdr-g75lw-headphones)

 

There you go!

post #50 of 215

If you could get an international S3 (Don't know if it works on the U.S. version), You can run a usb DAC out of it!

post #51 of 215
Thread Starter 

Thanks guys! Well honestly for this month, $100 is my limit, well MAYBE $120 max.. Then next month I could spend another $100 for the rest.

 

BUT right now, I can get the HF3's, AND that amp. OR I can get JUST the TripleFi 10's.. (I know it's above my price, but I could work it..).

 

Which would you all do? That amp looks sexy, and I just think it's awesome..

post #52 of 215
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

If you could get an international S3 (Don't know if it works on the U.S. version), You can run a usb DAC out of it!

Yeah that's the one I plan on getting.. It has quad-core processor, better battery or something, and yeah the usb! :D But for now, I love that Altoids amp..

post #53 of 215

to be honest, i find that IEM's generally have better passive isolation than headphones. i've used my dt770's and hd280's on plane rides before and i did not find isolating enough (especially the dt770, the hd280 provides a little more isolation). i much preferred using my monster turbine pro's, though some people have comfort issues with wearing IEM's (mainly universals) for long periods of time.

 

basically, i would recommend an IEM like a shure 215 or something.

 

edit: forgot to read the rest of the posts and just realized that OP is looking to get IEM's already.


Edited by blackmarket - 10/7/12 at 8:59pm
post #54 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGeek91 View Post

Thanks guys! Well honestly for this month, $100 is my limit, well MAYBE $120 max.. Then next month I could spend another $100 for the rest.

 

BUT right now, I can get the HF3's, AND that amp. OR I can get JUST the TripleFi 10's.. (I know it's above my price, but I could work it..).

 

Which would you all do? That amp looks sexy, and I just think it's awesome..


If you really want my 2cents, find a used tf10 it's around the 100-120 price range or maybe even less?
(you could get these remolded later if you want to) and if you really want to save money you can't go wrong with the sansa clip

post #55 of 215
Thread Starter 

Fuuuu... I'm so confused LOL. I just dont know..

 

I want that amp, no matter which headphones or IEM's I get.. I could get the amp and HF3's tonight, the Monoprice headphones, or any others around $120 or less..

 

Or just get the TripleFi's ONLY..

post #56 of 215

Oh, and if you ever did get the Sony player, get a LOD (like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-SONY-WM-PORT-LINE-OUT-DOCK-W-3-5MM-JACK-/290436263970)

post #57 of 215
You really don't need an amp at all if you end up going for the HF-3s, or a lot of the other headphones that have been mentioned here for that matter....
post #58 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarket View Post

to be honest, i find that IEM's generally have better passive isolation than headphones. i've used my dt770's and hd280's on plane rides before and i did not find isolating enough (especially the dt770, the hd280 provides a little more isolation). i much preferred using my monster turbine pro's, though some people have comfort issues with wearing IEM's (mainly universals) for long periods of time.

 

basically, i would recommend an IEM like a shure 215 or something.

 

edit: forgot to read the rest of the posts and just realized that OP is looking to get IEM's already.


The bass in the shure215s are pretty good, but imo I think it's a little too much and that's basically all they have going for them. The soundstage of these are extremely small it's, the mids are way too laid back not involving at all, the treble is alright but it has a peak at lower. I

post #59 of 215

OP: you really need to consider that the amp may be completely unnecessary...

post #60 of 215

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_C View Post

OP: you really need to consider that the amp may be completely unnecessary...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphones?